• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Winning in 5 Games Will Help Our Chances of Landing Dwight

BusBoyIsBack

We need Dwight to be as humiliated as possible to ensure that he leaves Orlando outside of the new CBA having a franchise tag.

Dwight losing on his home floor, with the Magic getting booed off the floor, with him having another spectacular game and none of his teammates showing up and instead looking like they should have taken Dwight's advice in "staying in Atlanta" would not only all but ensure that Dwight outside of being forced to stay, is going to leave Orlando realizing that this team isn't good enough to win a championship. But it would also increase our personal chances of landing him

Here's why:

Beating Orlando in 5 games increases our team's belief in THEMSELVES, increasing how much they believe in Larry Drew and ultimately it increases our chances of upsetting Chicago Bulls in the next round with the swagger and confidence in the system we would have.

Beating Orlando in 5 games and making a possible run past the 2nd round increases the chances that Dwight looks at the Hawks as a potential legit championship contender if we add his services.

As cool as it would be to play for your hometown, I don't think Dwight would come here unless he's absolutely certain that he could make this team a championship contender.

And folks let me tell you, if we beat MVP Derrick Rose and the best record in the NBA Bulls, or at least take them to 7 games, I don't know about you, but to me that would be a pretty good indication of how for real this team would be adding the best Center in the game next to the core we already have.

I was thinking that, too, actually. I do fully believe that if we could hypothetically trade Horford one-for-one in exchange for Dwight Howard, this team, as currently constructed would be the best 1-5 in the NBA (bench notwithstanding). Whether we would still be best with a couple extra years' age on Johnson, the departure of Crawford and Hinrich, and the inclusion of MW in the trade for Howard (along with Horford) is a different story.

Wilkins?

Smoove

Howard

Johnson

Teague

meh...

I was thinking that, too, actually. I do fully believe that if we could hypothetically trade Horford one-for-one in exchange for Dwight Howard, this team, as currently constructed would be the best 1-5 in the NBA (bench notwithstanding). Whether we would still be best with a couple extra years' age on Johnson, the departure of Crawford and Hinrich, and the inclusion of MW in the trade for Howard (along with Horford) is a different story.

Wilkins?

Smoove

Howard

Johnson

Teague

meh...

Actually Horford next to Dwight would make more sense although the problem would be Smoove would be one of the biggest incentives for Dwight to come to Atlanta to play next to his bud.

But Horford because of his ability to knock down those mid range jumpers outside the paint would be a better fit next to Howard. He could hit those mid range jumpers like Bass , yet at the same time face up, post up, etc like Bass could never imagine doing. Not to mention the rebounding.

But man if we could somehow keep all 3, (which I don't know how we could afford) we would be a dynasty. Honestly we would dwarf even Miami

Winning in 5 helps the Lakers chances of getting Dwight not ours .

Well there are a few things we can offer that LA can't

Playing in front of your HOMETOWN

Playing alongside arguably your best bud in Josh Smith

Playing for a team with YOUNG core players

Kobe's best years are clearly behind him. Gasol isn't a spring chicken by comparison either to guys like Josh Smith and Horford.

I think Hawksquawk should start a grass roots campaign for Dwight Howard and try to get the sports radio and others on this bandwagon

Who's good at photoshop? We need a cool logo. DH12 To the ATL!

This is our best chance at not only a championship but overnight we could be a DYNASTY

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Actually Horford next to Dwight would make more sense although the problem would be Smoove would be one of the biggest incentives for Dwight to come to Atlanta to play next to his bud.

But Horford because of his ability to knock down those mid range jumpers outside the paint would be a better fit next to Howard. He could hit those mid range jumpers like Bass , yet at the same time face up, post up, etc like Bass could never imagine doing. Not to mention the rebounding.

But man if we could somehow keep all 3, (which I don't know how we could afford) we would be a dynasty. Honestly we would dwarf even Miami

Howard and Horford would get in each other's way. It was like putting Karl Malone and Shaq on the same frontline. Can't work.

Trade JJ and whoever to make the deal. Keep Crawford the way he's playing.

NO one wants that albatross of a contract

Are Smoove and Howard even friends? Just because they grew up together doesnt mean they are still tight.

They grew up together, went to pre-school together, Dwight was Smoove's best man at his wedding...

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer :friends:

Besides they are no longer a threat.

Oh here comes the fail train! Reminds me of the "I feel sorry for the Bucks" thread after the first two games of last year's series.

If Orlando wins tonight the pressure is squarely back on us to close at home. We are demonstrably better up and down the roster, but it's not like we've been blowing them out and clearly Orlando could shoot better.

This series could still turn quickly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wilkins?

Smoove

Howard

Johnson

Teague

meh...

I think that what Orlando will seek is a trade of Horf, MW, a first or two, and filler (probably Zaza) for Howard, Turk.

They will look to saddle us with their long term deal while we try to build that team. I wouldn't be surprised if it requires Nelson for Hinrich too.

However, all that, i would still do the deal.

To have Howard, Smith, and Joe.... on this squad (and if we got a shot at keeping the Crawford) gives us more than big three.