• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So is the Marvin experiment over with?

GameTime

I think the experiment has been over for a long time, we just have been unable to trade him so might as well play him in spots and pray he gives us something.

Valid question but I'm not exactly sure how someone would come to that conclusion based on a series that he's played 64 minutes total in. Yes, that's even less than Collins who's been in foul trouble the majority of the time. You could easily say that he's obviously not going to get minutes due to us playing the right matchups but why give up the chance to make an opportunistic thread?

• Like 1

Valid question but I'm not exactly sure how someone would come to that conclusion based on a series that he's played 64 minutes total in. Yes, that's even less than Collins who's been in foul trouble the majority of the time. You could easily say that he's obviously not going to get minutes due to us playing the right matchups but why give up the chance to make an opportunistic thread?

excuses, excuses, excuses ....

With Chris Paul putting up astronomical playoff lines, I would say so. You live and you learn. Just speaking generally, but I guess I'm really talking to BK here, if any franchise were graciuis enough to give him a chance in any managerial capacity. I never woulda done no insane s$&t like that.

Edited by benhillboy

excuses, excuses, excuses ....

Yea it doesn't sound like a loaded if not entirely opportunistic question when someone goes through the trouble and brings up a player's points and rebound numbers in a series so that they can declare them as the team's weakest link but then makes zero mention of his minutes per game...

It has a lot to do with matchups. Marvin is not playing because of Howard. Collins and Zaza are getting the extra PT so Marvin is not able to get into the game

Exactly. As soon as Howard hit the bench last night, they brought Marvin in. Forgot which quarter it was..

It has a lot to do with matchups. Marvin is not playing because of Howard. Collins and Zaza are getting the extra PT so Marvin is not able to get into the game

Yup. He's just not playing. And it's the matchups. Marvin got a couple good defensive boards down the stretch last night, they were at an important time. I'm not saying he needs more time because of a couple of rebounds, but it's not like he's a liability during this series.

Marvin sucks... I've tried to keep the faith but he's a bust, a flat-out bad pick at #2 bust... It's only compounded by the fact the PG's taken at #3, 4, & 5 are all solid (Felton) to All-Star (D. Williams) to SUPERSTAR (CP3) level...

Marvin is literally stealing $ at this point...

I guess I am in the minority, since I don't have a problem with Marvin. I like the defense he brings, and I don't mind the shots he takes, he gets good looks, and always seems to be open for a corner three. He hasn't seen the court much this series, but I have a feeling he will be big in the Chicago series (if we get there), putting a body on Deng. I am not gonna judge Marvin based on a series where he rarely sees the court.

• Like 1

I guess I am in the minority, since I don't have a problem with Marvin. I like the defense he brings, and I don't mind the shots he takes, he gets good looks, and always seems to be open for a corner three. He hasn't seen the court much this series, but I have a feeling he will be big in the Chicago series (if we get there), putting a body on Deng. I am not gonna judge Marvin based on a series where he rarely sees the court.

Agreed. How can you dog him when he hasnt really played that much? I did see him hit a big shot and get a few key rebounds, so he hasnt really hurt us. Thats why I dont understand the thread. And besides, everyone knows what we're gonna get from Marvin. Decent defense, decent rebounding, a few 3's, a few bricks, a few free throws attempts(makes), a couple of fumbles out of bounds, a couple of falls, etc..... lol! It is what it is. He is a nice role player though. Problem is, he makes starters money. Makes less than Jamal though, so......

• Premium Member

Teague has stunk this series averaging 0 points per game, 0 rebounds per game 0 steals per game, shooting 0% from the field. Time to get rid of him! The Teague experiment is over especially since Darren Collins is a starting point guard for another playoff team. Oh Wait! :eek:

• Like 2