• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you really want Smoove and Howard on the same team?

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Shocking, his "garbage" team rains on us and we get blown out with Dwight not even getting 8 points. Dwight puts up 40 and we win.

"Woohoo... One game that sort of backs up my totally insane argument that Orlando is better without Howard, lets forget the other 6 seasons worth of splits that show that Howard is just as efficient (actually slightly more efficient AND productive) in wins than in losses."

The starters played 27 minutes in this one. Are you seriously sitting there making the point that Howard is only good when he lets the bench blow out the other team???

Edited by Atlantaholic

No I'm simply pointing out that there are stats out that show when Dwight dominates the ball they lose when they have balance they win. But of course, Dwight has done eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerything for that franchise (nice attempt at trying to say I said they are better without him though).

• Premium Member

No I'm simply pointing out that there are stats out that show when Dwight dominates the ball they lose when they have balance they win. But of course, Dwight has done eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerything for that franchise (nice attempt at trying to say I said they are better without him though).

Where are those stats exactly? Not that it's much of a point, almost every great team wins with balance it's a five on five game after-all, but I actually doubt that THIS Orlando team plays better when Dwight isn't heavily involved, since everyone else is crap.

I just checked his career splits.

he averages approximately 1.5 more point and .4 less shots in wins than in losses.

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Moderators

7 games?

Really?

Btw... Orlando is 10-5 this year when Howard scores thirty or more. That's way better than their overall winning percentage.

Actually that's 10-6 (0.625) when scoring 30+, versus 41-21 (0.661). It's better but not way better.

~lw3

• Moderators

I'd enjoy Dwight and Josh wearing the same jersey... just not so much in a starting capacity on the floor together. I feel a little better about it now that Josh is improving his free throw shooting, but I'd rather see Josh come in when Dwight is in foul trouble, or at the end of games when we're ahead and need stops... a super-sub forward to minimize the dropoff when we go to the bench. We'd definitely need the right fit at the starting 3 spot (perhaps someone we can trust with open jumper decisions?), and that would have to be another acquisition by trade or free agency.

Josh's contract expires in 2013 if I'm not mistaken, so we'd be talking about possibly one season only if Josh walked afterwards. I wouldn't balk at making Josh part of the 2012 deal for Dwight, then letting Josh decide if he'd like to return and join his fellow 27-year-old buddy in 2013 for a shot at hometown glory. At least then they'd both be under multi-year contracts.

~lw3

• Like 1