• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ will explode in this game

arhawkfan

I think there is something mentally wrong with him. He doesn't have the drive that Kobe, Lebron, etc. have to win so I don't expect him to do anything out of the ordinary. Some games he does go off but i don't think it's him being fired up, it's just he has the skill set to bust out. I don't blame him for this, not everyone should be like a Kobe but he's been pushed into that position. The only time I've seen him fired up/ready to carry the team was the first round playoffs against the Celtics. Haven't seen it since in my opinion. Again, i don't blame him, he's not that kind of guy but unfortunately he's been put on that level.

I think there is something mentally wrong with him. He doesn't have the drive that Kobe, Lebron, etc. have to win so I don't expect him to do anything out of the ordinary. Some games he does go off but i don't think it's him being fired up, it's just he has the skill set to bust out. I don't blame him for this, not everyone should be like a Kobe but he's been pushed into that position. The only time I've seen him fired up/ready to carry the team was the first round playoffs against the Celtics. Haven't seen it since in my opinion. Again, i don't blame him, he's not that kind of guy but unfortunately he's been put on that level.

What's mentally wrong are Hawks fans thinking that JJ should be able to do what only a few guys in the world can do. Whether that's created because of the contract that was given to him or because of what we gave up to acquire him or because he's our best player is up for debate. But the fact is that he is not as talented as those guys and even if he did have the drive or the heart or whatever else is routinely questioned about him it still wouldn't matter because he simply isn't as talented as those guys.

• Like 1

Seriously? There isn't much to draw off of when you've played the same team 5 times straight shooting under 40% and 3 more assists than turnovers. Joe simply isn't smart enough to bust out of that type of awfulness. The rest of the team simy has to pick up the slack for their max guy. There was a Shultz article criticizing Joe's performance so far in the AJC today. He was way too nice IMO and a couple years late. Jesus.

JJ is not a big game player. Oh sure, he'll drop 35 points on the Bobcats or something, but he usually doesn't deliver in big games and history has told us so.

I expect Horf to step up and possibly Smoove, who feeds off the crowd, but JJ will probably drop 12-15 pts. We need other guys like Hinrich and Marvin to also

step up.

I wish I could believe JJ will have a huge game for us, but I think ever since he got his $$$ he's lost that little bit of fire that he once had. When was the last time u saw some

emotion from him??? You can't get blood from a stone.

Edited by JackB1

• Premium Member

JJ is not a big game player. Oh sure, he'll drop 35 points on the Bobcats or something, but he usually doesn't deliver in big games and history has told us so.

I expect Horf to step up and possibly Smoove, who feeds off the crowd, but JJ will probably drop 12-15 pts. We need other guys like Hinrich and Marvin to also

step up.

I wish I could believe JJ will have a huge game for us, but I think ever since he got his $$$ he's lost that little bit of fire that he once had. When was the last time u saw some

emotion from him??? You can't get blood from a stone.

But he played so well early in his career after he got his first big payday from the Hawks. He seemed 'motivated' then, what's changed? Is he hurt or something? I mean, if you look at the JJ highlight mix from his earlier seasons as a Hawk, his body language and swagger is on a completely different level.

But he played so well early in his career after he got his first big payday from the Hawks. He seemed 'motivated' then, what's changed? Is he hurt or something? I mean, if you look at the JJ highlight mix from his earlier seasons as a Hawk, his body language and swagger is on a completely different level.

JJ has a career high of what 42 points and has probably less than five 40 point games. The problem is that there are far too large of scoring expectations put on a guy who simply cannot do it on a consistent basis.

I am with arhawkfan, JOE JOHNSON WILL HAVE A HUGE GAME TONIGHT.

31 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists. 12-20 shooting.

If JJ gets 25, 5 and 5, which is VERY doable for him and we get a near 20 point contribution from anyone else then we'll win this game easily.

The guy that REALLY needs to step up and do something tonight is Josh Smith since we're still waiting on his first big Josh Smith stat stuffer game this series. I'll be praying that both he and JJ are on tonight ....Nail%20Biting.gif

If JJ gets 25, 5 and 5, which is VERY doable for him and we get a near 20 point contribution from anyone else then we'll win this game easily.

The guy that REALLY needs to step up and do something tonight is Josh Smith since we're still waiting on his first big Josh Smith stat stuffer game this series. I'll be praying that both he and JJ are on tonight ....Nail%20Biting.gif

To be honest, I don't think we NEED a big game from Josh, he just needs to play within himself. 12, 10, and 4 blocks from Josh on 6-10 shooting is better for the team than a 25 & 15 game from him on 10-22 shooting. The reason i'm relying so heavily on JJ is because he has the ball in his hands so much, he can make or break the team in long stretches. Though, a big game from JJ, Josh, Craw, Hinrich, Horf, Marv and Zaza sure would be great.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think we NEED a big game from Josh, he just needs to play within himself. 12, 10, and 4 blocks from Josh on 6-10 shooting is better for the team than a 25 & 15 game from him on 10-22 shooting. The reason i'm relying so heavily on JJ is because he has the ball in his hands so much, he can make or break the team in long stretches. Though, a big game from JJ, Josh, Craw, Hinrich, Horf, Marv and Zaza sure would be great.

If he gets 4 blocks tonight I will probably die from shock ... but yeah that would be awesome. We could take a 12 and 10 from Josh if it's matched by Horford and still bettered by at least one guy and preferably 2 at 20+.

No its not but I will take both. I just want a active and minimum mistake version of Josh tonight. I WANT BASED SMOOVE!

Joe is clearly at his best when he is driving to the lane and shooting his floater. The problem is that dwight is sitting there waiting....If we make it through this series I expect his numbers to increase against the bulls.

• Like 2

No its not but I will take both. I just want a active and minimum mistake version of Josh tonight. I WANT BASED SMOOVE!

I say that because I don't want the version of Smoove we've been seeing lately to take 22 shots. That would mean AT LEAST 10 jumpers. I will take 10-22 if it is from within 12 feet.

Edited by Colin