• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeffrey (Jeff) Demarco Teague

MVP23

We will win or lose this series based on how Jeff Teague plays. Collins did his job on Howard. Now its Teagues turn. I understand this guy has gotten almost no playing time through these playoffs so far, but good players are ready when their name is called. We don't need Teague to put up 30 a night. We just need him to play heavy mins, and keep Derrick Rose from getting easy baskets. The gameplan is simple. Stay on these shooters. Korver is a stand still shooter unlike Reddick. That should be east, but it won't be if Derrick Rose is blowing past Teague. ITs actually funny. We dumped Bibby because he couldn't defend, and didn't want to play Teague, but now we have no choice. This may be Teagues last chance btw. How long until we cut him lose? He can prove himself....for good, or for bad.

Edited by MVP23
  • Like 1

The problem is that it's Teague vs the League in terms of the officiating. He won't be able to breathe on Derrick Rose. That's why I say play 10 feet away from him. Just give him wide open shots all game long. Dare him to shoot.

He can't make 60% of them I don't think. But guess what? That's the percentage Dwight Howard made against us. So no way even with wide open shots could Rose be more efficient from the field than Howard. And even if you take into account free throws, Dwight Howard basically shot 68% from a true shooting percentage. Rose can't touch that either

Leave his butt wide open

The only issue with playing Rose by sagging 10 feet is that he gets the Lebron Rules, he has more space to build up a head of steam and knows he'll pick up a call even if he has no chance at a high percentage shot. We are going to have to find middle ground literally between not D'ing too close to get a handcheck call and not sagging too far to get a raging bull (pun intended) charging at the D.

The only issue with playing Rose by sagging 10 feet is that he gets the Lebron Rules, he has more space to build up a head of steam and knows he'll pick up a call even if he has no chance at a high percentage shot. We are going to have to find middle ground literally between not D'ing too close to get a handcheck call and not sagging too far to get a raging bull (pun intended) charging at the D.

That's because you give him a 3 foot cushion (1 step for recovery), that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

We will win or lose this series based on how Jeff Teague plays. Collins did his job on Howard. Now its Teagues turn. I understand this guy has gotten almost no playing time through these playoffs so far, but good players are ready when their name is called. We don't need Teague to put up 30 a night. We just need him to play heavy mins, and keep Derrick Rose from getting easy baskets. The gameplan is simple. Stay on these shooters. Korver is a stand still shooter unlike Reddick. That should be east, but it won't be if Derrick Rose is blowing past Teague. ITs actually funny. We dumped Bibby because he couldn't defend, and didn't want to play Teague, but now we have no choice. This may be Teagues last chance btw. How long until we cut him lose? He can prove himself....for good, or for bad.

I take this back. Will or lose, Teague is doing his damn job, and more. I'm impressed, and I think we've found our PG of the future.

M-V-Teague!!!! :kingchris:

One of best signs I've ever seen. And so far the officials haven't been calling the bogus fouls on Teague like I thought. They just haven't been calling fouls on the other team when he drives to the basket either especially Rose who can basically hammer Teague and get away with it.

But we have to live with that, he's the MVP and the refs have no idea how good Teague can potentially be so they dont give him that respect yet

But one thing is for sure, he's establishing himself as the starting PG of the team next year (if there is no lockout)

Teague is a stud. He's not getting fouls called him because he's moving his feet and staying with Rose and not making any ticky-tack contact that would allow the refs to call fouls on him. And he is as explosive and athletic in getting to the hoop as any guard in the league. If he works on his court vision and setting teammates up, he'll be a top PG in this league.

Here's a scary good stat: Teague only has 1682 total minutes in the league in the regular season. That's roughly just HALF of ONE SEASON worth of playing time

Just imagine how good he can be when he's a full-time starter when he has that little PT, only had 9 total minutes in this year's post-season prior to this series, and is holding his own against

the league MVP

Ladies and gentlemen the Hawks PG curse may be over!

Fitting that it's another Wake Forest guy