• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Id like to thank these Atlanta Hawks

NJHAWK

Seriously. I didnt have much belief in this team after the last couple of seasons.This year however after beating Orlando and stunning the Bulls in game 1 for their 1st playoff 2nd round win in ages, they made me have faith for one brief moment. Faith that they werent the chumps of years past who vanish when the going gets rough. Faith that maybe just maybe they were mentally tough enough to rise to the occasion in front of their home crowd. I for a day or two there thought this team if the chips fell right could compete for an nba championship. Then they turned back into our Atlanta Hawks, the ones we are used to.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I share your sentiment completely. It was great to see them come out and give us real hope.

On a side note, the Grizz are showing some heart. It's going to be really tough for me if they become yet another team to reach the ECFs before us.

40 or so years and counting...

Seriously. I didnt have much belief in this team after the last couple of seasons.This year however after beating Orlando and stunning the Bulls in game 1 for their 1st playoff 2nd round win in ages, they made me have faith for one brief moment. Faith that they werent the chumps of years past who vanish when the going gets rough. Faith that maybe just maybe they were mentally tough enough to rise to the occasion in front of their home crowd. I for a day or two there thought this team if the chips fell right could compete for an nba championship. Then they turned back into our Atlanta Hawks, the ones we are used to.

Save that pre-eulogy until they are faced with an elimination game. If we win tonight, people will be right back on the bandwagon, believing that this team can win. I want to see if our stars can get it done tonight. They haven't gotten it done the past 2 games, so it's time for them to step up.

But let's just wait to see what happens in about 9 hours, and see if they have any fight left in them.

They responded with a huge effort tonight. The only thing that scares me is up till about 2 and a half minutes left it looked like we could lose again. We couldnt put them away in a game that we needed much more than Chicago. The effort was there but the Bulls where the Unshakabulls till the very end. Like Drew says if the Hawks dont come with maximum scratch and claw effort they will get blown out. I hope these guys realize that.