• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson needs to swallow his pride. He put his ego above the team last night

Antmillennium

^^^Now this is a post! :bowdown:

Why thank you sir. I apologize for the read being so long, but I had to vent, vent on the team and vent on some posters.

• Premium Member

^^^THIS^^^

I don't get too much into the player bashing, trade scenarios, or even comment on things too much because honestly, too many of you guys act like they are your lovers with the way you try to defend to h*ll's end. The word is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Like a player or not, this is our team and we have to live with it. There are people in your family that you just don't like or agree with or even HATE to be around, like it or not, they're family. YOUR family. Nothing you can do about it but move on, live with it deal with it. It is already a rollercoaster to be a fan of this team, we should not have to deal with the added stress from the negativity and straight hate from our fellow 'Hawks fans'. EVERYONE on this team has their moments (good and bad) for even stretches of the season. Ride the rollercoaster or get off the ride. Please can we stop being negative nancies ALL the time and give some constructive criticism.

I get Joe dribbles too much, too long. For the people saying he is always doubled...well, it's because he give teams time to double him by taking TOO long to make a decision. As soon as he sees the double coming, he's big enough to see it and pass out of it before it arrives or make his move before they arrive. This can make our ball rotation and motion offense so much better and take so much pressure off of him. If your shots are not falling, contribute in other ways. Keep the offense flowing smoothly. Have your move planned before you get the ball...make a quick move or pass the ball within 5 seconds.

I get Josh needs to stop shooting from outside 15 feet. Get a mid-range and only use that game to change up your shot selection. STAY-IN-THE-PAINT or drive. He is hard to stop when he drives. QUIT complaining to refs after every call or non-call. Pat the ref on the back and say good call ref (good call or bad call) and the ref will respect him more and show him love more. Me myself, I hate a cry baby. Practice what you preach in your interviews besides, 'I'm going to keep playing my game [shot selction] and ignore the fans.' (besides this parenthesised quote, he actually sounds intelligent in interviews, like a coach almost). We don't HATE you, we just see how you can reach your full All-Star potential and be unstoppable. Apparently, everyone including media, fans, 'analysts/experts', former players, players, and coaches ALL realize this but you.

Horford needs to STEP UP. I understand the mid-range game has become A PART of his arsenal, but he has literally made it his ENTIRE arsenal, unless he gets an open dunk. He needs to MAN-THE-PAINT on Noah. Noah is not Dwight or Dikembe. Take him. Only resort to that when they plan on containing you in the post with a double. That hasn't happened at all so, BANG! For points and for the rebound. There is NO WAY Loozer, Gibson, and Asik should be in there grabbing all of those boards. But they do play fundamental. Boozer came from Fundaments-R-Us academy in the Jazz (a given), but he is not tall, big, athletic or overpowering. Gibson is the same as Loozer without the fundamentals but Thibs is giving him fundamentals and he is giving the effort. Asik is playing off of inspiration, the same as Jeff Teague is now (it's a thing of beauty). Control the paint Horford. You have the ability, especially if King Z can do it off of effort and hustle without an athletic bone in his body. I take hustle and effort any day of the week (see Noah).

Jamal, Jamal, Jamal...the tricky AND 1 dribble is getting old, not necessarily tired but not needed or condoned at this point in the season. It is nice and fascinating, but this is the second round of the playoffs and we have the opportunity to do something that has not been done since we were in St. Louis Hawks, and that is to make it to the ECF. Quit being fancy and go to the hole. I know you can take your man off the dribble at any time, but stop trying to be so fancy doing it, it takes too much time off the clock and leads to showboating, bad shots, bad passes, and turnovers. Play the game like it is the NBA Finals and it is Game 7 for your FIRST EVER CHAMPIONSHIP. Quit shooting the ball out of rhythm and the flow of the offense. Do not shoot the ball if it has not been touched by any other player or if you are not just wide open, or if you are not in transition or have a clear path to the lane. SHARE THE BALL.

Zaza Pa-CHUUULIA... :kingchris: keep hustling homie. Keep being physical because here is where Chicago is winning like Charlie Sheen (I love that quote). Horford is running away from it, Josh seems to be getting a clue, and Collins just does not have the skillset or mobility (to think I can say the EXACT same thing about Zaza, but he is younger and lighter and gives effort and hustle, sounds like a downgraded version of Noah).

Teague... :boxing: do your thing boy. Keep giving the the sucker punch they continually do not see coming, especially to all the analysts, media, fans, and coaches who think you are going to wane. Bring the bite with the bark. Show them you are going to be a big dawg in this league. I'm convinced.

Marvin... :notme: it's not your fault. :resent: It is the fault of 'experts' and analysts, pundits and scouts, coaches and teammates. Just keep your head up my man and let the game come to you. Explode when you can or are REALLY needed to. :ok:

LD...practice what you preach in the news conferences and media. Mean every word and don't be afraid to stick it to your stars who are not performing; Joe, Jamal, Al, Josh.

Keep the intensity up on both ends. Play at a comfortable pace. Share the ball, move the ball. Hustle and give effort. TRUST in each other in everyone attributes and abilities and be unselfish enough to know when to pass the ball and when to find the shooter's touch. Play in the paint and rebound.

And for God sake, we know we can't touch or breathe on DRose. So if we ARE going to foul him, make the foul count. Make him feel it. I'm not saying hurt him, just punish him. Make the refs call the foul and it not be questionable. They are fouling us with no calls, pushing and tripping and hacking with no calls, return the favor 10-fold.

With that being said, I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERYONE of our rotation players for what they bring to the table. (in my Ray Lewis voice) We've come too far and with too much blood, sweat, and negativity to let this opportunity slip away. We've battled the media, the analysts/experts, opponents and their derogatory/condescending comments, the odds, and most importantly...EACH OTHER. None of that matters right now! What matters, is the here, the now. We are still here baby! We are still standing! THIS IS OUR MOMENT. THIS IS OUR TIME!! F the Falcons (football season's not in now)...RISE UP and FLY HIGH!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

This post has been promoted to an article

Can the mods promote this to a new thread/article? Great, great, great post.

• Premium Member

^^^THIS^^^

I don't get too much into the player bashing, trade scenarios, or even comment on things too much because honestly, too many of you guys act like they are your lovers with the way you try to defend to h*ll's end. The word is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Like a player or not, this is our team and we have to live with it. There are people in your family that you just don't like or agree with or even HATE to be around, like it or not, they're family. YOUR family. Nothing you can do about it but move on, live with it deal with it. It is already a rollercoaster to be a fan of this team, we should not have to deal with the added stress from the negativity and straight hate from our fellow 'Hawks fans'. EVERYONE on this team has their moments (good and bad) for even stretches of the season. Ride the rollercoaster or get off the ride. Please can we stop being negative nancies ALL the time and give some constructive criticism.

I get Joe dribbles too much, too long. For the people saying he is always doubled...well, it's because he give teams time to double him by taking TOO long to make a decision. As soon as he sees the double coming, he's big enough to see it and pass out of it before it arrives or make his move before they arrive. This can make our ball rotation and motion offense so much better and take so much pressure off of him. If your shots are not falling, contribute in other ways. Keep the offense flowing smoothly. Have your move planned before you get the ball...make a quick move or pass the ball within 5 seconds.

I get Josh needs to stop shooting from outside 15 feet. Get a mid-range and only use that game to change up your shot selection. STAY-IN-THE-PAINT or drive. He is hard to stop when he drives. QUIT complaining to refs after every call or non-call. Pat the ref on the back and say good call ref (good call or bad call) and the ref will respect him more and show him love more. Me myself, I hate a cry baby. Practice what you preach in your interviews besides, 'I'm going to keep playing my game [shot selction] and ignore the fans.' (besides this parenthesised quote, he actually sounds intelligent in interviews, like a coach almost). We don't HATE you, we just see how you can reach your full All-Star potential and be unstoppable. Apparently, everyone including media, fans, 'analysts/experts', former players, players, and coaches ALL realize this but you.

Horford needs to STEP UP. I understand the mid-range game has become A PART of his arsenal, but he has literally made it his ENTIRE arsenal, unless he gets an open dunk. He needs to MAN-THE-PAINT on Noah. Noah is not Dwight or Dikembe. Take him. Only resort to that when they plan on containing you in the post with a double. That hasn't happened at all so, BANG! For points and for the rebound. There is NO WAY Loozer, Gibson, and Asik should be in there grabbing all of those boards. But they do play fundamental. Boozer came from Fundaments-R-Us academy in the Jazz (a given), but he is not tall, big, athletic or overpowering. Gibson is the same as Loozer without the fundamentals but Thibs is giving him fundamentals and he is giving the effort. Asik is playing off of inspiration, the same as Jeff Teague is now (it's a thing of beauty). Control the paint Horford. You have the ability, especially if King Z can do it off of effort and hustle without an athletic bone in his body. I take hustle and effort any day of the week (see Noah).

Jamal, Jamal, Jamal...the tricky AND 1 dribble is getting old, not necessarily tired but not needed or condoned at this point in the season. It is nice and fascinating, but this is the second round of the playoffs and we have the opportunity to do something that has not been done since we were in St. Louis Hawks, and that is to make it to the ECF. Quit being fancy and go to the hole. I know you can take your man off the dribble at any time, but stop trying to be so fancy doing it, it takes too much time off the clock and leads to showboating, bad shots, bad passes, and turnovers. Play the game like it is the NBA Finals and it is Game 7 for your FIRST EVER CHAMPIONSHIP. Quit shooting the ball out of rhythm and the flow of the offense. Do not shoot the ball if it has not been touched by any other player or if you are not just wide open, or if you are not in transition or have a clear path to the lane. SHARE THE BALL.

Zaza Pa-CHUUULIA... :kingchris: keep hustling homie. Keep being physical because here is where Chicago is winning like Charlie Sheen (I love that quote). Horford is running away from it, Josh seems to be getting a clue, and Collins just does not have the skillset or mobility (to think I can say the EXACT same thing about Zaza, but he is younger and lighter and gives effort and hustle, sounds like a downgraded version of Noah).

Teague... :boxing: do your thing boy. Keep giving the the sucker punch they continually do not see coming, especially to all the analysts, media, fans, and coaches who think you are going to wane. Bring the bite with the bark. Show them you are going to be a big dawg in this league. I'm convinced.

Marvin... :notme: it's not your fault. :resent: It is the fault of 'experts' and analysts, pundits and scouts, coaches and teammates. Just keep your head up my man and let the game come to you. Explode when you can or are REALLY needed to. :ok:

LD...practice what you preach in the news conferences and media. Mean every word and don't be afraid to stick it to your stars who are not performing; Joe, Jamal, Al, Josh.

Keep the intensity up on both ends. Play at a comfortable pace. Share the ball, move the ball. Hustle and give effort. TRUST in each other in everyone attributes and abilities and be unselfish enough to know when to pass the ball and when to find the shooter's touch. Play in the paint and rebound.

And for God sake, we know we can't touch or breathe on DRose. So if we ARE going to foul him, make the foul count. Make him feel it. I'm not saying hurt him, just punish him. Make the refs call the foul and it not be questionable. They are fouling us with no calls, pushing and tripping and hacking with no calls, return the favor 10-fold.

With that being said, I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERYONE of our rotation players for what they bring to the table. (in my Ray Lewis voice) We've come too far and with too much blood, sweat, and negativity to let this opportunity slip away. We've battled the media, the analysts/experts, opponents and their derogatory/condescending comments, the odds, and most importantly...EACH OTHER. None of that matters right now! What matters, is the here, the now. We are still here baby! We are still standing! THIS IS OUR MOMENT. THIS IS OUR TIME!! F the Falcons (football season's not in now)...RISE UP and FLY HIGH!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

This post has been promoted to an article

i disagree

i disagree

My kind sir, what is it that you disagree with? I respect and welcome debates (not arguments).

BTW, your interests are pretty entertaining.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan