• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I will say that I'm shocked at the Horford hate...

ATL_BALLER

It's amazing how quickly our players get called garbage....on one hand we got to the 2nd round and won a couple games when no one gave us a shot to get out of the 1st round...SMH. Calm down people. I guess Pau is garbage, I guess Durant was garbage last year against the Lakers. I guess Amare is garbage, his numbers also declined after the trade deadline.

It's amazing how quickly our players get called garbage....on one hand we got to the 2nd round and won a couple games when no one gave us a shot to get out of the 1st round...SMH. Calm down people. I guess Pau is garbage, I guess Durant was garbage last year against the Lakers. I guess Amare is garbage, his numbers also declined after the trade deadline.

In this series Al was garbage. He did not play hard or smart.

Skilled 7 footer, 18 pts, 10 rebounds, 3 assist, instrumental in winning championships, I'll take Pau's garbage any day. Having a bad playoff series does not make you garbage.

In this series Al was garbage. He did not play hard or smart.

I agree that Al's play this series was hard to watch at times...but calling a player garbage to me means he has no skill and their is no hope for him on this team...Garbage is what I would call Marvin.

Edited by jaybird

Something is physically wrong with Al and I hope we find out soon what it was.

I have watched him since his college days and you don't just change like that without

any explanation. And it hasn't been sporadic either...he has been noticeably "different"

from a certain point on....I think it may go back to that back/tailbone injury he sustained

in that horrific fall he took a while back. He has never looked the same since that day IMO.

If Al has been physically 100% in the last 2 months of the season, than his performance

decline is indeed troubling. But I have no doubt that Al will bounce back next year and

continue to be the best player on this team. He has improved year after year since he

got here and I dont expect next year to be any different. He made 3rd team ALL NBA for

crying out loud! That mean's he is in the TOP 15 players in the entire NBA.

It's a joke that he is 3rd team, but I'll take it. It's nice to see an Hawk on 3rd team All NBA. That goes to show you that NBA awards don't mean nothing at all. Only legit award that seem true is the 6th man award. NBA is a joke in general when it comes to that. MLB is the same way when they give out gold gloves. I remember D Wright got the golden glove over Chipper, when yet, Chipper had a way better defensive season than David Wright. O well, we'll take it! Congratz to Horford. Wished he showed up in playoffs.

• Moderators

It's a joke that he is 3rd team, but I'll take it. It's nice to see an Hawk on 3rd team All NBA. That goes to show you that NBA awards don't mean nothing at all. Only legit award that seem true is the 6th man award. NBA is a joke in general when it comes to that. MLB is the same way when they give out gold gloves. I remember D Wright got the golden glove over Chipper, when yet, Chipper had a way better defensive season than David Wright. O well, we'll take it! Congratz to Horford. Wished he showed up in playoffs.

There are plenty of undeserving All-Star picks you can second guess but historically there are very few All-NBA selections that aren't justifiable. All-NBA is about the regular season and about the entire regular season and Al had an excellent overall year to the point where this didn't really come as a surprise to see him selected for the All-NBA third team, IMO.

He has a lot to work on this summer and may need to start that summer by getting healthy, but I don't think there are 3 centers out there who didn't make the All-NBA squad that were clearly better choices for the team.

Jeter winning the Gold Glove is different - you could name 10 AL SSs who were higher impact defenders in 2010.

Edited by AHF

The award is a regular season acknowledgement for his body of work., has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs. We can't even be happy when our players get acknowledged by others and some wonder why we don't get any respect. Our 'fans' don't even appreciate our players.

• Premium Member

One problem with Al playing PF is that then we start Collins who has no offensive game at center and move Josh to SF. As long as Josh was hanging around outside, that's now 2 guys the other team didn't need to worry much about. With ZaZa in the game it helps a little but you've still got a lot of extra guys around to gaurd Al, Joe and Jeff/Jamal.

In these latter games, the problem wasn't offense. Sheez in game 5, aside from Teague, Zaza was the man. The problem is however on defense, Chicago dialed in a switch to get Boozer on one of our Centers. Neither Collins or Zaza would stay in front of him. This was exposed in game 5 when Taj was playing. His footwork was killing Zaza and Horf. Thibs learned that he could dail it up for game 6.

Asik also gave us trouble. Having that 7 footer play off to Horf on defense and man the lane.. really hurt our production inside. He blocked everything.

The award is a regular season acknowledgement for his body of work., has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs. We can't even be happy when our players get acknowledged by others and some wonder why we don't get any respect. Our 'fans' don't even appreciate our players.

It's not that fans don't appreciate our players, it's this little Joe vs. Josh vs. Al thing that keeps popping up. Joey's Cool Kids vs. Josh's Smoove Friends vs Al's Amigos, we should just place one of these titles under every squawker cuz that's how they really feel.

• Moderators

It's not that fans don't appreciate our players, it's this little Joe vs. Josh vs. Al thing that keeps popping up. Joey's Cool Kids vs. Josh's Smoove Friends vs Al's Amigos, we should just place one of these titles under every squawker cuz that's how they really feel.

There are also a lot of people who like 2 or all 3 of those guys. Frankly, I think most of us generally root for all 3 but are at different times frustrated by each of the 3. Obviously, there are also some fan boys/haters that are consistent in their condemnation/support even as those players give inconsistent results but I think most of us tend to like them and fluctuate a bit erratically with the erratic fluctuations of our best players.