• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AL versus the BULLS (and LD)

DJlaysitup

This isn't meant to be a "blast Al Horford thread" - he may have something wrong - but I was really hoping for AL to kind of be our ace-in-the-hole against Chicago due to the way he has always got up for going against Noah's team.

Tonight he was 2 for 10, 7 total points, and 4 rebounds in 36.5 minutes. Something HAS to be wrong. I've never seen a guy who was thought of as a team "warrior/competitor" fall off so badly.

I wonder if LD putting him back at center early in the series messed him up? I thought at the time it was a borderline coaching move at best and in hindsight I think it was a big mistake. The guys in the big lienup were clicking pretty well coming off the ORL series, so why change it up? Increasing Marvin's minutes was obviously not a good plan.

Not likely we were going to win the series anyways (they did have 62 wins to our 44 in the regular season) - but I thought while LD did a marlevous job against ORL - he made some rookie mistakes against CHI. Had he coached better we may have been able to take the series to seven games....JMHO.

:popcorn:

• Like 1

People blame Joe Johnson day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. Even more could be said of Josh Smith. It's time to look at the facts straight in the eye, the whole team flat out sucked and the only player that even remotely gives us hope for the future is Jeff Teague. Al Horford was exposed as a one trick pony in the playoffs, he couldn't hit an outside shot the entire series, he buckled under pressure when the Hawks really needed him.

They played him to kill his strengths on offense. We never created for Al well cause of the personnel. They did the same to Joe and Jamal. I felt he did a great job on defense for most of the series. Game 6 was a huge letdown on both ends of the court. He didn't look hurt like others keep mentioning. This is how he looked for the most part since we traded Bibby. He just was less successful because the Bulls were gameplanning really well. Nothing they did was that surprising, it just the how they did it but they have been doing this all year. They have great fits around the board. Kudos to Chicago, I hate your fans but the team is really one to enjoy. Rose is a monster, A.I. 2.0.

We know Al can't create his own shot. His strictly a PnR PF player who needs to be given the ball in good positions to score. I don't see it with this personnel. Joe needs to be a #2 option but we need a superstar. Josh Smith is the most TALENTED player on our team but his offensive BBIQ hurts our team just as much as Bibby awful defense. Everyone hurts because of it. Jamal was great this year given teams doubled him, something they didn't do last year. Props to Jamal for a great year. Joe and Jamal are keepers. Al is our franchise chip. Smith is our most talented player. Teague has the most potential in terms of prospects. We have the ammunition to make major moves.

• Premium Member

They played him to kill his strengths on offense. We never created for Al well cause of the personnel. They did the same to Joe and Jamal. I felt he did a great job on defense for most of the series. Game 6 was a huge letdown on both ends of the court. He didn't look hurt like others keep mentioning. This is how he looked for the most part since we traded Bibby. He just was less successful because the Bulls were gameplanning really well. Nothing they did was that surprising, it just the how they did it but they have been doing this all year. They have great fits around the board. Kudos to Chicago, I hate your fans but the team is really one to enjoy. Rose is a monster, A.I. 2.0.

We know Al can't create his own shot. His strictly a PnR PF player who needs to be given the ball in good positions to score. I don't see it with this personnel. Joe needs to be a #2 option but we need a superstar. Josh Smith is the most TALENTED player on our team but his offensive BBIQ hurts our team just as much as Bibby awful defense. Everyone hurts because of it. Jamal was great this year given teams doubled him, something they didn't do last year. Props to Jamal for a great year. Joe and Jamal are keepers. Al is our franchise chip. Smith is our most talented player. Teague has the most potential in terms of prospects. We have the ammunition to make major moves.

Dude, Al Horford strength is his outside shooting. He was the best shooter from 15 feet in the entire NBA this season. He had that shot all playoffs long and just couldn't make it. Hard to understand but oh well. He was making that shot at close to 60% during the regular season and he looked as bad as Josh Smith when it counted. Horrible playoff performance. I hope it was due to some undisclosed ailment.

He is just too small to drive to the basket and make layups coz his shots get highly contested.

I think because he is robotic, predictable and limited.

Saying Al Horford sucks is ridiculous. He had a bad series, granted, but the guy has talent. It's been proven in his track record as a NBA player.

What I'm not reading on this board, is giving more credit to Chicago's defense. It was number one in the league for a reason, and last night they played the best D of the series. Nobody on the Hawks could get going, and in a large part, because of Chicago's D. Give credit where credit is due.

• Like 2