• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One good thing for the 2011-2012 season

We don't have to worry about drafting or trading for a point guard....we have found our legitimate starting PG for the next 7 years. Welcome to the NBA Mr Teague. If he doesn't start game one next season, whoever the coach is (hopefully not LD) would need to be fired immediately after the game.

I agree, but I did not like the way Teague played tonite he was not aggressive at all to start the game out did he even take a shot in the 1st? I wonder was that a part of the gameplan for him to try and let Joe and Jamal get off early. I don't know but it is obvious Teague was the one shining star for the Hawks this series

Hollingers take on the Hawks going forward:

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/29072/hawks-future-suddenly-looks-much-better

LD better not be messing with Teague's head already"

“I’m hoping that Jeff will take this series and build from it,” said Drew. “He did some really good things, he surprised a lot of people. He has shown that he has the ability to be a starter. It’s going to be up to Jeff, how he comes back next year, does he come back with the mentality of being a reserve or the mentality of being a starter? It’s not going to be anything that’s going to be handed to him. He has to show that he wants it.”

Edited by jaybird

• Premium Member

He was awesome this series, considering his age and lack of experience it was a very impressive performance. HOWEVER, five good games in a row does not guarantee future success. I do agree with what Larry Drew says in that Teague needs to show this type of mentality from the get go. With Hinrich still on the team it's important for Teague not to feel like he has to defer to the veteran... I do think Larry Drew needs to do a much, much, much better job of giving Teague more responsibility and more minutes in important situations to make sure to ignite the fire we saw in Teague the last few games.

Hollingers take on the Hawks going forward:

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/29072/hawks-future-suddenly-looks-much-better

LD better not be messing with Teague's head already"

“I’m hoping that Jeff will take this series and build from it,” said Drew. “He did some really good things, he surprised a lot of people. He has shown that he has the ability to be a starter. It’s going to be up to Jeff, how he comes back next year, does he come back with the mentality of being a reserve or the mentality of being a starter? It’s not going to be anything that’s going to be handed to him. He has to show that he wants it.”

Thanks for the link. I like optimism from an unlikely source....

And Teague played this well head to head with the MVP. Imagine how much better we would have been in the regular season had LD not completely mis-handled JT's minutes. I think that alone may be a fireable offense. If you are too blind to see the obvious talent that is sitting there rotting away on the bench, then you're unfit to be a professional head coach. Period.