• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What needs to happen for the future.

bumpyphish1

We need to clear cap space for Dwight Howard. Well, I guess the first thing would be to reach out and find out if he has any interest in coming here. If he shows some interest, the goal needs to be to get him here. Not sure all the specifics of the cap, but I do know that one of our "big three" would have to go to make room for the signing.

It's definitely Josh that needs to go. He still shows poor shot selection, is a loose cannon, and really doesn't have a true position. Trade him to a team for cap space + spare parts. Maybe get a decent piece or two that can help us off the bench.

Re-sign Crawford if it's cap feasible.

A Dwight-Horford pairing in the post would be one of the best 4-5 combinations in NBA history. That would attract a better coach than Larry Drew if the Spirit is willing to commit to it which would also make us better.

Teague (possibly the X-factor if he is for real)

JJ

Marvin

Horford

Dwight

Crawford?

Zaza

piece

piece

piece

That's a team that could compete in my opinion. We would absolutely dominate the post and JJ could finally be the #2 he needs to be.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Dwight does not want to play for Atlanta.

That is an awfully large gamble also. What if we actually did that any came up with no Dwight?

I'm pretty sure Dwight does not want to play for Atlanta.

That is an awfully large gamble also. What if we actually did that any came up with no Dwight?

You're "pretty sure" Dwight doesn't want to play for his hometown team? Based on what?

Also, notice my suggestion that we reach out to see if he'd have any interest before putting the wheels in motion.

Cmon.

Edited by bumpyphish1

Guys...

marvin is an $8-9 million dollar LEAD ANCHOR on this team for the next 2-3 seasons. Nobody wants him, why we re-signed his *ss is beyond me... We couldn't move him for a future 2nd round pick this season and you guys think the Clipps' are going to give us a solid 18/9 true center for him?

That's delusional at best...

All of you saying we need to "Go all-in for Dwight Howard" and then follow it up with "if we trade Smoove...." are DELUSIONAL... It's been said a million freakin' times; Smith & Howard are best friends and Dwight will ultimately CHOOSE WHERE HE WANTS TO GO; its already a slim chance at landing him with Josh on the team... If you trade Josh you have literally ZERO chance at landing Dwight.

Face it... We're stuck and in a BAD way... Jamal should either be s&t'd or allowed to walk... You HAVE to listen to any offer you can get for Joe "Laughing at the end of a Game 6 Blowout at Home" Johnson; I WANT HIM GONE!

You have a PG of the future in Teague and a decent backup PG in Hinrich; you have an inept group of moronic owners, a joke of a GM and a "learning on the fly" HC...

Not to mention, there is a HUGE possibility that the NBA doesn't unlock its doors in time for next season; their CBA-issues are worse than the NFL's and we all see how that lovefest is going...

I live in Orlando, and from most people that are close to Dwight they are pushing him to LA. Dwight is also starting to think this way as well. From what I gathered from people around here and the media Dwight doesn't have any interest in Atlanta, if so it is very minimal. One thing is he is going to leave Orlando.

P

I live in Orlando, and from most people that are close to Dwight they are pushing him to LA. Dwight is also starting to think this way as well. From what I gathered from people around here and the media Dwight doesn't have any interest in Atlanta, if so it is very minimal. One thing is he is going to leave Orlando.

P

Which means that you guys need to trade Howard for Andrew Bynum ASAP. Get the Lakers to toss in some 1st round draft picks as well. Bynum's contract expires after next year, if his team option isn't picked up. So if Bynum doesn't work out, you can always let him expire in a year or two.

Andrew may like the change in scenery. Who knows? Maybe he blossoms in Orlando, as the #1 or #2 scoring option.

I don't believe that Howard has any interest in coming to ATL. He's never even hinted that he may want to play for the Hawks, nor is there speculation ( outside of a few Hawks fans ) that his relationship with Josh Smith would entice him to come to ATL.

Wishful thinking is right.

• Premium Member

The Hawks clearly need a new leader on the floor. The best player on the team is generally looked too as being the leader and JJ is not a leader. He doesn't want to be a leader from what I see. He looks more concerned with getting his touches and shots than taking interest in his teammates and challenging them to be better. If a major trade is made, the Hawks should attempt to bring in a guy who has the talent to make JJ the 2nd option and more importantly, a guy who actually wants to be a leader.

Which means that you guys need to trade Howard for Andrew Bynum ASAP. Get the Lakers to toss in some 1st round draft picks as well. Bynum's contract expires after next year, if his team option isn't picked up. So if Bynum doesn't work out, you can always let him expire in a year or two.

Andrew may like the change in scenery. Who knows? Maybe he blossoms in Orlando, as the #1 or #2 scoring option.

I don't believe that Howard has any interest in coming to ATL. He's never even hinted that he may want to play for the Hawks, nor is there speculation ( outside of a few Hawks fans ) that his relationship with Josh Smith would entice him to come to ATL.

Wishful thinking is right.

You guys, I'm die hard hawks fan. F the Magic. I wouldn't have been on this board if I wasn't, considering I was around on the EZ boards as well.

P

I got word that LA will be loaded by the deadline. The deal is assumed to be:

Lakers get: Dwight Howard and Turk

Magic get: Lamar Odom and Bynum/ picks

Lamar will return to LA after accepting a buyout and Jason Kidd will be a Laker.

I'll explain everything at a later date.