LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

Ok, thanks for the heads-up on my pick, fellas. With this pick I would like to choose Mike Conley.

This guy's already a solid NBA PG and only 23 years old, so plenty of room for further upside potential in my opinion. The things I like about him are that he is a 'true' PG, sort of the quarterback on the floor type PG looking to distribute and facilitate first as opposed to being a shoot first PG, which I'm not a huge fan of those types. Give me an old school PG any day of the week, and that would be Conley. He's also durable as hell, playing in 82, 80, and 81 games the past three seasons. He carries an excellent 3-1 assist to turnover ratio, he's a shooter who's not going to kill you when he does shoot the ball (.441 career FG%, .380 3 point FG%, and 76% FT shooter), good for almost 2 steals per game and he's a solid on-ball defender.

That would give me:

Conley- PG

Wade- SG

Undrafted- SF

Aldridge- PF

Nene- C

I like the Conley pick a lot. He finally came into his own this season.

Thanks, man. Yeah, it was hard though, cause there were other players I was considering that weren't PG's that I really had to debate as to whom I should take. I wanted to secure the point position though for sure, cause I think there are at least 3 teams in the top 8 that still need a PG, and I knew Conley was not going to make it through that gauntlet without somebody grabbing him. It made it easier though since Kris Humphries was off the board, cause then I'd have had a REAL internal debate on my hands. :)

• Admin

Thanks, man. Yeah, it was hard though, cause there were other players I was considering that weren't PG's that I really had to debate as to whom I should take. I wanted to secure the point position though for sure, cause I think there are at least 3 teams in the top 8 that still need a PG, and I knew Conley was not going to make it through that gauntlet without somebody grabbing him. It made it easier though since Kris Humphries was off the board, cause then I'd have had a REAL internal debate on my hands. :)

I am biting my nails right now hoping my guy will still be there with my pick

• Premium Member

Ok, thanks for the heads-up on my pick, fellas. With this pick I would like to choose Mike Conley.

This guy's already a solid NBA PG and only 23 years old, so plenty of room for further upside potential in my opinion. The things I like about him are that he is a 'true' PG, sort of the quarterback on the floor type PG looking to distribute and facilitate first as opposed to being a shoot first PG, which I'm not a huge fan of those types. Give me an old school PG any day of the week, and that would be Conley. He's also durable as hell, playing in 82, 80, and 81 games the past three seasons. He carries an excellent 3-1 assist to turnover ratio, he's a shooter who's not going to kill you when he does shoot the ball (.441 career FG%, .380 3 point FG%, and 76% FT shooter), good for almost 2 steals per game and he's a solid on-ball defender.

That would give me:

Conley- PG

Wade- SG

Undrafted- SF

Aldridge- PF

Nene- C

You suck!!!

:biggrin: :negative:

You suck!!! :biggrin: :negative:

Hahaha. :dancer: Yes Diesel, I knew you were going to be one of those teams looking for a PG, so if I took your guy, then great! :taunt: The good news is that there are still a ton of good players out there still, point guards or otherwise. That makes it really hard to decide on who to draft, cause there are a bunch of players that I'd love to have on my team.

• Premium Member

Hahaha. :dancer: Yes Diesel, I knew you were going to be one of those teams looking for a PG, so if I took your guy, then great! :taunt: The good news is that there are still a ton of good players out there still, point guards or otherwise. That makes it really hard to decide on who to draft, cause there are a bunch of players that I'd love to have on my team.

I knew it... A C-O-N-Spiracy... :derisive: But you're right. It's still early in the draft.

My teams Selects Kris Humphries

Humphries is a young big with a top of upside. He is a defensive presence in the paint to be feared. Humphries pulls down 10 rpg, and is an excellent post defender, also grabbing me an average of 1 block per game. I dont need him much on the offensive end, but Humphries can put up 10 ppg and I expect him to keep growing on the offensive end maybe even peaking at around 15 ppg. Pairing him with Gasol in the paint is going to make the lane a very dangerous place to tread while playing against my team, he will be a target for ally's from Rondo, not to mention being a god player in the PnR. He is basically a Blake Griffin light. Not to mention I shouldn't have problems filling up the arena if Kim Kardashian will be attending home games. Right now I have a team that is built around Solid defense and Good Rebounding, the recipe to a champion.

Not to hate on your pick or anything, or try to sway people to dislike your team, but I really don't think Kris Humphries is any good. He averaged basically 4 points and 3 rebounds per game for the first 6 seasons of his career, and the his only successful seasons were on TERRIBLE Nets teams where Brook Lopez can't rebound for s***, so Humphries is bound to get some. Just saying, but Humphries last year was a fluke in my opinion.

• Moderators

Round 452. IHeartAtlanta - Javal McGee53. Colin/Devon - DeAndre Jordan54. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Emeka Okafor55. alejandro09 - Gerald Wallace56. coachx - Wesley Matthews57. ngc7 - Brandon Jennings58. thatsmydawg - Roy Hibbert59. 01d0rd3r - Kris Humphries60. seano - Mike Conley61. nicholasp27 -62. supporter -63. ahf -64. whassuphawks65. capstone21 -66. sultanofatl -67. diesel -68 jy21 -

Not to hate on your pick or anything, or try to sway people to dislike your team, but I really don't think Kris Humphries is any good. He averaged basically 4 points and 3 rebounds per game for the first 6 seasons of his career, and the his only successful seasons were on TERRIBLE Nets teams where Brook Lopez can't rebound for s***, so Humphries is bound to get some. Just saying, but Humphries last year was a fluke in my opinion.

Oh I think he's a pretty good player. Your stats for his first 6 seasons are accurate, but they need to be placed in the context that he was strictly a bench player then who averaged less than 13 minutes per game in each of those seasons and only started 8 games in those 6 seasons, and he did leave college too early and was absolutely not prepared to play NBA ball in his early seasons. He's a great example of a guy who should have stayed in school a bit longer and refined his game. However, last year in Jersey when he earned real minutes and earned a starting role, he blew up and became a beast on the boards, 9th in offensive rebounds per game and 7th in defensive rebounds per and also went for 29 double-doubles in only 44 games started. Maybe this past season was a fluke for him (and he was in a contract season), but then again he's only 26 years old given a starters role and minutes for the very first time, so maybe that's who he really is?

• Moderators

Manu Ginobili

The last All-NBA player joins the U-Niques roster with former rival Chris Paul. We are thrilled to grab one of the top 15 players last year with the #63 pick. Given the total lack of depth at the SG position (we've already seen a 6th man go there), he represents big value at this spot in the draft. Obviously, age is the reason he wasn't picked 40 picks ago but Ginobili has shown no signs of slowing down - he played 80 games last season and averaged the 2nd highest minutes per game of his career. He was the lead player on the Spurs for their best stretch of the season and finished as the team MVP (9.9 win shares to 7.7 for Duncan and 8.2 for Parker).

Ginobili is one of three SGs to receive MVP votes the last two seasons (Wade and Kobe were the other two) and he was a top 10 vote getter both seasons. Pencil him down for another All-Star appearance in 2012 for the U-Niques.

Round 4

52. IHeartAtlanta - Javal McGee

53. Colin/Devon - DeAndre Jordan

54. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Emeka Okafor

55. alejandro09 - Gerald Wallace

56. coachx - Wesley Matthews

57. ngc7 - Brandon Jennings

58. thatsmydawg - Roy Hibbert

59. 01d0rd3r - Kris Humphries

60. seano - Mike Conley

61. nicholasp27 - Danillo Gallinari

62. supporter - JJ Hickson

63. ahf - Manu Ginobili

64. whassuphawks

65. capstone21 -

66. sultanofatl -

67. diesel -

68 jy21 -

I would agree with you, except the main apeal for him to me is his defense which I think is harder to fake then someone putting up career highs in ppg on a bad team. Humphries played very good to excellent post defense all year long. The problem he had early on that has already been pointed out is that he played low minutes his first few years, and he was playing overweight. He got in shape over the summer and got improved minutes plus obviously becoming a more mature player and he has turned into a really good defensive player. He may never put up strong offensive stats but I didnt draft him with the idea that he would anyway.

Oh I think he's a pretty good player. Your stats for his first 6 seasons are accurate, but they need to be placed in the context that he was strictly a bench player then who averaged less than 13 minutes per game in each of those seasons and only started 8 games in those 6 seasons, and he did leave college too early and was absolutely not prepared to play NBA ball in his early seasons. He's a great example of a guy who should have stayed in school a bit longer and refined his game. However, last year in Jersey when he earned real minutes and earned a starting role, he blew up and became a beast on the boards, 9th in offensive rebounds per game and 7th in defensive rebounds per and also went for 29 double-doubles in only 44 games started. Maybe this past season was a fluke for him (and he was in a contract season), but then again he's only 26 years old given a starters role and minutes for the very first time, so maybe that's who he really is?

Zaza > Humphries. :drinks:

I would agree with you, except the main apeal for him to me is his defense which I think is harder to fake then someone putting up career highs in ppg on a bad team. Humphries played very good to excellent post defense all year long. The problem he had early on that has already been pointed out is that he played low minutes his first few years, and he was playing overweight. He got in shape over the summer and got improved minutes plus obviously becoming a more mature player and he has turned into a really good defensive player. He may never put up strong offensive stats but I didnt draft him with the idea that he would anyway.

Cheers to that. only caught a few Nets games on League Pass, so no idea how his overall defensive game is. I just remember when nobody in the league wanted him, traded for Araujo and then Najera, ehhhh. More power to you if he turns out to be a beast, i'll be on hushmouth for sure.

My bad, I took someone whose already taken. Let me find someone whose not drafted and i'll reply when I find him

Ok, I choose Dorell Wright with my 4th round pick.

He can score, defend and shoot the 3 at a high percentage. It's hard to find SFs in this league but Wright does all the things you want from an SF.

Manu Ginobili

The last All-NBA player joins the U-Niques roster with former rival Chris Paul. We are thrilled to grab one of the top 15 players last year with the #63 pick. Given the total lack of depth at the SG position (we've already seen a 6th man go there), he represents big value at this spot in the draft. Obviously, age is the reason he wasn't picked 40 picks ago but Ginobili has shown no signs of slowing down - he played 80 games last season and averaged the 2nd highest minutes per game of his career. He was the lead player on the Spurs for their best stretch of the season and finished as the team MVP (9.9 win shares to 7.7 for Duncan and 8.2 for Parker).

Ginobili is one of three SGs to receive MVP votes the last two seasons (Wade and Kobe were the other two) and he was a top 10 vote getter both seasons. Pencil him down for another All-Star appearance in 2012 for the U-Niques.

Round 4

52. IHeartAtlanta - Javal McGee

53. Colin/Devon - DeAndre Jordan

54. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Emeka Okafor

55. alejandro09 - Gerald Wallace

56. coachx - Wesley Matthews

57. ngc7 - Brandon Jennings

58. thatsmydawg - Roy Hibbert

59. 01d0rd3r - Kris Humphries

60. seano - Mike Conley

61. nicholasp27 - Danillo Gallinari

62. supporter - JJ Hickson

63. ahf - Manu Ginobili

64. whassuphawks

65. capstone21 -

66. sultanofatl -

67. diesel -

68 jy21 -

People are so focused on on picking players 30 and under, that they're skipping over some DAMN good early 30s players. This is a very good pick for the team you have currently constructed. At 33, you'd have to figure that he could at least give your team a quality starter, then role player off the bench, until age 37 - 38.

• Admin

I was really worried I was not going to get him but:

Marcin Gortat

Team player who is an excellent rebounder and is a good post defender. He is also a good scorer too.. He brings all out hustle and I feel very lucky to get him. Played behind DHoward for a couple of years which was invaluable. The last two months of the season when he finally received solid playing time he averaged over 15 and 10 with his new team.

He rounds out my front court well...with Gasol and Granger getting the points and he doing the dirty work.

I think he is one of the most underrated centers in the league right now.

I was really worried I was not going to get him but:

Marcin Gortat

Team player who is an excellent rebounder and is a good post defender. He is also a good scorer too.. He brings all out hustle and I feel very lucky to get him. Played behind DHoward for a couple of years which was invaluable. The last two months of the season when he finally received solid playing time he averaged over 15 and 10 with his new team.

He rounds out my front court well...with Gasol and Granger getting the points and he doing the dirty work.

I think he is one of the most underrated centers in the league right now.

Not bad