• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade ideas [non-rumored] and non-Hawks trades don't belong in the Homecourt Forum

Admin

Anyone who has been here for than a few days KNOWS that posting trade ideas belong in the "Trade Ideas" subforum and I'm getting tired of having to move them, especially when I have to do so for our senior members who have been told countless times about it before. Now I know that this is the offseason for us and news is slow but that doesn't change the fact that I want to keep this website organized so please post your trade ideas in the proper forum. I (and the mods) will continue to move them if necessary but if we have to do that multiple times for the same members then we will simply delete the threads. Thank you for your cooperation!

• Premium Member

Anyone who has been here for than a few days KNOWS that posting trade ideas belong in the "Trade Ideas" subforum and I'm getting tired of having to move them, especially when I have to do so for our senior members who have been told countless times about it before. Now I know that this is the offseason for us and news is slow but that doesn't change the fact that I want to keep this website organized so please post your trade ideas in the proper forum. I (and the mods) will continue to move them if necessary but if we have to do that multiple times for the same members then we will simply delete the threads. Thank you for your cooperation!

Notomatic message

This topic has been moved from "HomeCourt" to "GeeIReallyThinkThisMessageWasAimedMostlyAtDieselLand".

:snowballfight:

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

...To remind you all of a cool feature:http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=new_posts&search_app=forums^^^If you bookmark that link and use it to enter the site, it will show you only the threads you haven't read all new posts for. It does so across all forums at once.

Boo!I say we trade Dolfan23 for SuperiorBlogman! That way we get the narc out of here and bring in someone with common sense!Seriously though, that link mrh put down is awesome, its my bookmark for the site. And dolfan23 you are totally right, keep your damn posts relevant to the forum you are on. I don't want to look at damn trade ideas in homecourt, plus they take up space for relevant and good posts on that forum.

Notomatic message

This topic has been moved from "HomeCourt" to "GeeIReallyThinkThisMessageWasAimedMostlyAtDieselLand".

:snowballfight:

Come on, no reason for that. D may piss off some posters, but he keeps the forum lively especially in the summer. He likes to refer to himself as the straw that stirs the hawksquawk (drink). Kind of a little Reggie Jackson in him. Right now he is in full stirring mode, I can see him trying to get some lively debates going on and it has certainly worked on some posters. I see no reason to throw salt onto this thread.

• Premium Member

Come on, no reason for that. D may piss off some posters, but he keeps the forum lively especially in the summer. He likes to refer to himself as the straw that stirs the hawksquawk (drink). Kind of a little Reggie Jackson in him. Right now he is in full stirring mode, I can see him trying to get some lively debates going on and it has certainly worked on some posters. I see no reason to throw salt onto this thread.

I've got nothing at all against Diesel, dude, and I think Diesel can handle some good-natured teasing

...To remind you all of a cool feature:http://www.hawksquaw...arch_app=forums^^^If you bookmark that link and use it to enter the site, it will show you only the threads you haven't read all new posts for. It does so across all forums at once.

Boo!I say we trade Dolfan23 for SuperiorBlogman! That way we get the narc out of here and bring in someone with common sense!Seriously though, that link mrh put down is awesome, its my bookmark for the site. And dolfan23 you are totally right, keep your damn posts relevant to the forum you are on. I don't want to look at damn trade ideas in homecourt, plus they take up space for relevant and good posts on that forum.

Looks like I'm going to have to get rid of that feature since you both like it so much! http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/public/style_emoticons//bottom.gifAnd yes Diesel knows that I'm referring to him and his posts that try and disguise the fact that they are merely fantasy trade ideas rather than legit topics. I'm all for the fantasy trade posts and all but keep them in their proper forum, which helps keep the site organized now and easier to search in the future.

People put trades in the HOMECOURT forum because when most people come to this website they ONLY click in the HOMECOURT forum. It usually will get more views and responses. Why post a trade idea(as a new thread or in someone else thread) and get 4 responses when I could put that SAME post in the HOMECOURT and get at least double that number?If you want people to stop doing that then you have to find a way to get people to post the trade ideas in trade forum. Whether its to relocate it or whatever

People put trades in the HOMECOURT forum because when most people come to this website they ONLY click in the HOMECOURT forum. It usually will get more views and responses. Why post a trade idea(as a new thread or in someone else thread) and get 4 responses when I could put that SAME post in the HOMECOURT and get at least double that number?If you want people to stop doing that then you have to find a way to get people to post the trade ideas in trade forum. Whether its to relocate it or whatever

You'll get more views by posting it in the proper forum than you will when I delete the topic because of deliberately ignoring the rules. And please don't try to speak to this websites stats in regard to peoples actions when you have no idea what they really are.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You'll get more views by posting it in the proper forum than you will when I delete the topic because of deliberately ignoring the rules. And please don't try to speak to this websites stats in regard to peoples actions when you have no idea what they really are.

I know its your site and you get to set the rules but he does have a point. The only board I ever go to is the homecourt. If you had a poll about it I'm sure most people would admit the same. I understand the need to try and spread out topics to reduce clutter but he has a point.

• Admin

Cmon Dolf, there are these times when you allow, permit and pretty much endorse trading bandering on the homecourt forum. You do that and later criminalize the practice. You're having it both ways.

I think ones that are left in the homecourt are not really Trade posts but a trade is part of the discussion
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I think ones that are left in the homecourt are not really Trade posts but a trade is part of the discussion

Yup, I was gonna say the same thing. It's a rather important distinction.

Nope.As the trade deadline approached, Dolf allowed trade threads unabated. It's not a big deal to keep those in its forum but there was no destinction.

Nope.As the trade deadline approached, Dolf allowed trade threads unabated. It's not a big deal to keep those in its forum but there was no destinction.

Sorry but you are wrong here. If any were missed it was due to being missed and not because it was a conscience decision.Show me where I've intentionally allowed a topic that was fully about a fantasy trade idea.

I know its your site and you get to set the rules but he does have a point. The only board I ever go to is the homecourt. If you had a poll about it I'm sure most people would admit the same. I understand the need to try and spread out topics to reduce clutter but he has a point.

I have stats showing how many clicks each forum gets and there are views by our members as well as search engines that routinely visit that forum. And that is all beside the point as I'm much more concerned with organization and searchability than I am with making it easier for people to only have to go into one forum because they're lazy. I'm certainly not the first to invent multi-forums either and people need to get used to it.