• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade ideas [non-rumored] and non-Hawks trades don't belong in the Homecourt Forum

Admin

• Premium Member

I couldn't waste time to look for evidence. I don't give a care.

I know a few law firms where you'd fit right in.Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have stats showing how many clicks each forum gets and there are views by our members as well as search engines that routinely visit that forum. And that is all beside the point as I'm much more concerned with organization and searchability than I am with making it easier for people to only have to go into one forum because they're lazy. I'm certainly not the first to invent multi-forums either and people need to get used to it.

It's not just laziness. Some people's ego's drive them to want to get the most exposure for their ideas as possible. So they post them where they think they'll get the most attention regardless of rules. I've noticed it for quite some time and honestly, I've replied to some. Probably shouldn't participate to clear the problem.
  • Like 1

It's not just laziness. Some people's ego's drive them to want to get the most exposure for their ideas as possible. So they post them where they think they'll get the most attention regardless of rules. I've noticed it for quite some time and honestly, I've replied to some. Probably shouldn't participate to clear the problem.

That's a good point and your right I'm sure that is certainly a reason. I don't want to discourage people from replying to those posts but I wouldn't mind seeing a reminder from people that the post is in the wrong forum either. Some of you guys do that from time to time and it's certainly appreciated.

Just glad to see this is finally being consistently enforced. I don't care one way or another, just be consistent and don't make it an arbitrary circumstance.

It's never been intentionally ignored but it's tough for a couple of mods who also have careers and lives outside of Hawksquawk to be able to keep up with every topic on here. There are also some topics that are grey areas as far as whether or not they belong here as well. As mods we can try day after day to keep putting topics where they belong but until there is individual accountability about where each person posts it really won't matter since we'll always be playing catch up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just glad to see this is finally being consistently enforced. I don't care one way or another, just be consistent and don't make it an arbitrary circumstance.

That's funny. Look at the first homecourt page. I got blasted my telling the truth.

• Premium Member

That's funny. Look at the first homecourt page. I got blasted my telling the truth.

Uh...no. As I understand it, trade rumors that are actually from a journalistic source belong in Homecourt. It's only trade ideas that Squawkers come up with themselves (or that they pull from another fan forum) that belong in Trade Ideas.

There are plenty of other sites out there to talk about Hawks basketball and if you don't like the way that we run things here then go someplace else. As it is even posting fantasy trades has more value then bitching and complaining about how the site is run. And yes Niremental you are absolutely correct and that is exactly what is going on with the posted trades from the last day or so.

• Premium Member

There are plenty of other sites out there to talk about Hawks basketball and if you don't like the way that we run things here then go someplace else. As it is even posting fantasy trades has more value then b*tching and complaining about how the site is run.

And yes Niremental you are absolutely correct and that is exactly what is going on with the posted trades from the last day or so.

Niremetal, dolfan. Metal.

Nirvana

REM

Metallica

:superman:

Edited by niremetal

Niremetal, dolfan. Metal.

Nirvana

REM

Metallica

:superman:

Ah my fault that wasn't intentional ... although looking back it's kinda funny. BTW Nirvana good, Metallica good, REM ... eh ... unless you're referring to sleep! :punish:

• Premium Member

so that's what the name means. I thought your name was niNemetal and it was in reference to a golf club.

Nope. My three favorite bands back when I was in 7th grade. None of them are even in my top 10 today, actually, but I kept the handle anyway.

• Premium Member

Soth a couple of years back you had 'insider info' re the draft. still have your connections?

I've got two guys that I didn't burn bridges with, the other guy had an agenda. All I heard from them was that Sund is taking many calls about Smoove and he's trying to get out of Marvin's deal with an expiring coming back for Marv. I asked about this Orlando deal and they said the only way we go into this kind of cap slashing move by giving away Smoove for peanuts is if the ASG needs the money. And as they pointed out to me they just sold the Thrashers money right now isn't a problem.

• Premium Member

I request an exemption to post a Josh - Marvin for KG trade poll. It's being talked about on WEEI Boston right now.

Edited by Not5Not6Not7

I request an exemption to post a Josh - Marvin for KG trade poll. It's being talked about on WEEI Boston right now.

If it's being talked about as a possibility by some news source then by all means do it. The blurb the other day said that Sund loves KG so I could see it happening, although I'd really hate it since he's been in the league a very long time and surely doesn't have much left in the tank.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to remind people of the rules as I'm having to move quite a bit of topics to the trade forum. So, unless there is a specific rumor that the Hawks are talking to a team about a trade for player X, please don't post your trade idea in the main homecourt forum.