• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade ideas [non-rumored] and non-Hawks trades don't belong in the Homecourt Forum

Admin

• 4 weeks later...

Dolf, my topic about a viable roster was moved to trade, but I was basing it on rumors that we want to shed money. I did not offer any player acquisitions, just a reworking of the current roster.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the thread was about trading current players for mid-1st round picks, correct? Unless there are legit rumors / talk of that being looked at then it doesn't belong in the main forum. If I am wrong here then please show me where they are talking about it and I will be happy to move the topic back.

Chris Sheridan brought it up in his last ranking post, mentioned by Peachtree Hoops. It is a little gray, but I really didn't mean it to be a trade thread. I just wanted opinions on how bad/mediocre that roster would be going forward.

Can you find a link to that? Not that I don't believe you, but I don't recall it being discussed on here and I think that would be kind of important to talk about.

I think that Sheridan is pulling that out of his butt since he didn't provide any source to back it up, but I will go ahead and move your thread back, even though I truly belief it has no basis in fact. And I don't blame you for that, I just haven't seen anything from the Hawks suggesting that they are looking to shed salary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been convinced that this is true...

You must think that we enjoy moving posts and have nothing better to do. And the lack of giving a damn by someone who clearly knows the rules and breaks them anyway speaks volumes about how much you care for the time we have to put in moderating. Specifically what I'm sure you're upset about is Walters thread about GS being interested in trading for Smith and you've either failed to read or comprehend the reason yours was moved, which I stated in your thread. If you can't see the difference then I guess I will continue to move your threads posted in the wrong forum and you'll continue to be upset about it.Interesting how NBASoup was just complaining today that you get preferential treatment while his posts are unfairly moved.

• Premium Member

You must think that we enjoy moving posts and have nothing better to do. And the lack of giving a damn by someone who clearly knows the rules and breaks them anyway speaks volumes about how much you care for the time we have to put in moderating.Specifically what I'm sure you're upset about is Walters thread about GS being interested in trading for Smith and you've either failed to read or comprehend the reason yours was moved, which I stated in your thread. If you can't see the difference then I guess I will continue to move your threads posted in the wrong forum and you'll continue to be upset about it.Interesting how NBASoup was just complaining today that you get preferential treatment while his posts are unfairly moved.

I'm good with the rule. However, I see nothing different between what I did and What Walter did. We both linked the same article. Whereas I talked about Marvin for #30, Walter talked about several movements of Joe. The Article mentioned Josh by name. Not Joe and not Marvin. So when you moved mine and stated that Marvin's name wasn't specifically mentioned, I was cool with it. However, to watch Walter's stay up was a bit like Edward's 2 Americas..Or How about Camp's would you trade Joe for a lottery pick thread? It has been on the main forum for about a week. I realize how hard it is to moderate anything and so i am appreciative of the job that you do moderating.. especially now that you have Joker firing off new trade proposals in the main forum every hour. IJS, that i also know that this moderation of trades to the trade forum is more heavy handed towards anything that I post than most posters. This is not confrontational and I pay no attention to the cries of Joker, I'm just saying... that the partiality was observed and noted.

One of us is misreading Walters post. From what I read he mentioned getting Klay Thompson and the 7th for Josh Smith and then moving Joe to SF. No fantasy trade there, other than speculating on what we might get for the rumored player that GS covets, Josh Smith. You took that same rumor of their interest in Josh and turned it into a fantasy Marvin trade. That's the difference.Regarding the Campster Joe for a 1st thread, that's not really a fantasy trade post in my eyes since he didn't talk about trading him for any particular 1st, it was just a general idea about would we be willing to move our best player and only get a 1st back. I've let you post many threads of that same type in the main forum and I'm pretty sure that you posted a couple like that just a week or two ago.I can assure you that I do not moderate you or anyone else any differently than I do everyone. You just happen to be our largest volume poster so of course you're going to get moderated the most.

• 3 months later...

With so few members and posts in any HS forum, you could be putting the egg before the chicken in imposing so much order. Losen up a bit, it might become more active and hopefully more fun.There are times in the season when nothing is happening and anyone still visiting wants to do something a little less sophisticated than reading the profound, rapid-paced discussions on Homecourt.Never approved of my way or the highway people, take all the fun out of everything.

With so few members and posts in any HS forum, you could be putting the egg before the chicken in imposing so much order. Losen up a bit, it might become more active and hopefully more fun. There are times in the season when nothing is happening and anyone still visiting wants to do something a little less sophisticated than reading the profound, rapid-paced discussions on Homecourt. Never approved of my way or the highway people, take all the fun out of everything.

Thanks for the advice, I will take it under careful consideration.

• Moderators

Thanks for the advice, I will take it under careful consideration.

Doesn't everyone just click new at the top to see all the new posts since the last visit? This way i don't miss something just because it was in another forum. I rarely notice what forum i'm in any more.

Doesn't everyone just click new at the top to see all the new posts since the last visit? This way i don't miss something just because it was in another forum. I rarely notice what forum i'm in any more.

That is definitely what everyone should do. Once I found out about that option my world was turned upside down. I hardly ever go in to actual forums unless I am trying to find an old thread to dig up, but even then I use the search feature. I am of the opinion that you should keep videos of cats out of the Homecourt forum, they all have descriptions and posters should abide by the rules.

I don't but that's simply because as an admin I need to see where everything is posted, but as a regular user I certainly would as it makes things a lot easier and you don't have to worry about missing something.

That is definitely what everyone should do. Once I found out about that option my world was turned upside down. I hardly ever go in to actual forums unless I am trying to find an old thread to dig up, but even then I use the search feature. I am of the opinion that you should keep videos of cats out of the Homecourt forum, they all have descriptions and posters should abide by the rules.

Agreed! The biggest reason for the rule is to keep the clutter out of the homecourt forum and while that's not really an issue during the slow month or two during the offseason. I don't want to create a trend and I like to keep everything organized in proper forums for future searches that people do as it makes things a lot easier to find. It's also a lot easier on our system to have posts balanced across forums rather than all lumped into one forum. Many other reasons for it but those are the biggest.