• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Our top player .............

Gray Mule

JJ is our top player. He draws more double teams than any other Hawk. He is more likely

to lead the team in scoring than any other player. He plays some pretty good defense. We

all know he has the biggest chunk of the Hawk's payroll with his name on it.

Yet, he has never been elected to the all star game as a starter. I don't expect that he will

ever be. That's just the way it is and it will not change. Too many great players ahead of

him in the NBA.

The Hawk's JJ is not the only great Atlanta JJ player. Braves have their own version and he's

a great one! Expect to see him in this summer's all star game.

Either Atlanta team would be hurting if they lost their JJ unless they could find a great

replacement.

Sund says we're not that far away from being great. I agree. We're not there yet. But, when

we look back to that 13 win season, we've come a long way. Wonder why Woody hasn't

landed a position as a head NBA coach? Could it be that the Atlanta fams were correct?

:popcorn:

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL OUR VETS!

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

In my opinion,

JJ getting to the allstar game 5 times without the fans voting him in makes him more worthy than those who the fans vote in. The fans vote is simply popularity. In actuallity, it's really NBA marketing. The NBA markets certain players and the fans vote. Well, guess who is going to be in the game? It's certainly not going to be the guy whoose team only got 1 National TV appearance? There have been years when we didn't get 1 National TV appearance. Therefore there is no way that we could have a crowd pleasing team. However, to get in otherwise means that the coaches voted you in. I respect this. This is respectable because the coaches know that guy who gives them the most trouble. They know that guy who they have to plan against. For 5 yrs straight, Joe has been that guy. Not because they needed another 2 guard... HEll, have you looked at the east? But because they recognized his goodness.

• Like 1

JJ is our top player. He draws more double teams than any other Hawk. He is more likely

to lead the team in scoring than any other player. He plays some pretty good defense. We

all know he has the biggest chunk of the Hawk's payroll with his name on it.

Yet, he has never been elected to the all star game as a starter. I don't expect that he will

ever be. That's just the way it is and it will not change. Too many great players ahead of

him in the NBA.

The Hawk's JJ is not the only great Atlanta JJ player. Braves have their own version and he's

a great one! Expect to see him in this summer's all star game.

Either Atlanta team would be hurting if they lost their JJ unless they could find a great

replacement.

Sund says we're not that far away from being great. I agree. We're not there yet. But, when

we look back to that 13 win season, we've come a long way. Wonder why Woody hasn't

landed a position as a head NBA coach? Could it be that the Atlanta fams were correct?

:popcorn:

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL OUR VETS!

Joe is a good player that plays very good a lot of times which has had him in the all-star game. His very good/great January got him in this past season. Take away thatr January and he doesn't make the trip.

Woody...

has not landed a position....

How many do after the first season or the second when separated from a team? Woody did extremely well here. He improved the bottom line every year. In '09 the team was decimated by injury and Cleveland destroyed us. '10 the shrinking hearts displayed themselves to Orlando. What Atlanta Fans are you talking about? Are you speaking of them or whom?

In my opinion,

JJ getting to the allstar game 5 times without the fans voting him in makes him more worthy than those who the fans vote in. The fans vote is simply popularity. In actuallity, it's really NBA marketing. The NBA markets certain players and the fans vote. Well, guess who is going to be in the game? It's certainly not going to be the guy whoose team only got 1 National TV appearance? There have been years when we didn't get 1 National TV appearance. Therefore there is no way that we could have a crowd pleasing team. However, to get in otherwise means that the coaches voted you in. I respect this. This is respectable because the coaches know that guy who gives them the most trouble. They know that guy who they have to plan against. For 5 yrs straight, Joe has been that guy. Not because they needed another 2 guard... HEll, have you looked at the east? But because they recognized his goodness.

Great post Diesel.

People forget that the starters for the All-Star game is basically a vote for the most popular players, not the most deserving players. KG essentially took Smith's All-Star spot back in 09 - 10, despite KG being hurt.