• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The mindset of the hawks getting another center is just plain dumb!

JTB

I've been quite for awhile but its time to speak up as I always like to do!.....Today I want to speak on behalf of our team needs which to many would be center position as we are to believe young Teague will hold down the pg, which im sure can do but for all who say we need a center I have to strongly disagree!.....We have plenty of centers! what the hawks need is a "REBOUNDER" or "INSIDE SCORER". Now in todays NBA is hard to find both who arent stars anyways....which amazes me. But to counter all the we need a center threads...Im speaking up and saying we need more than a center. we need a bangin, rebounding or inside scoring machine!

What can be done:

This issue can be resovled with one signing!.....Obtain reggie evans a rebound guru and lets pray horford learns some low post moves so we can go to him for inside scoring as well as other players getting to the goal more. teague has shown he can get to the goal and JJ can damn near post up any SG in the league!.....I dont understand why it is taking the ASG or the hawks staff to make simple moves! its not like we are asking for D. Howard!

My point:

If we get another center he has to be a rebounding machine like noah or atleast a inside scoring threat! if there is no center out there like that then why waste money on more prospects like armstrong. an by the looks of the free agency there arent many centers who can do either or!

• Like 1

What? We need another C because our Center does not want to play Center first and foremost. The guy does not have the mentality to play C. I thought he could be Alonzo Mourning when he first came into the league but he does not want to be ZO. So, who am I or Rick Sund or the ASG or whomever Al's coach may be to try and make him into something he is not and does not want to be? I just don't get that. As for your theory of a low post threat and rebounder, I agree that this would be nice and a guy like Al Jefferson maybe can be had since they have a logjam at the PF position and considering he ways 280 pds he could man the C spot which he did last year to the tune of 18.6 pts 9.7 rebounds and 1.9 blks. If they select Derrick Williams or Kanter with there lottery pick I would definitely try to get big Al, especially if we can do that without giving up Josh, Al, or Joe. Simply getting Reggie Evans or Kenneth Faried, Kris Humphries or any other rebounding energy guy is not the answer.

We need another C, that can rebound, block shots, and score some in the paint but that is just the beginning. We need a total bench overall, especially with Jamal gone.

OK. Have any trade / FA ideas to make your proposed changes?

I believe that reggie evans is a free agent! and he's a damn great rebounder. I say we go out and sign him....he cant be that much! other than that I havent really seen too many more we can get from free agency that meets those needs of a rebounder or inside scorer, the list of free agents that are attainable looks pretty thin when looking for a rebounder/inside scorer. As far as trades go we know the ASG will only trade if they really feel it will make us better! There are rumors smith for bynum but i seriously doubt the ASG will trade for a injury prone center though he's good. Im sure they would rather keep smith and hope he grows up and be that all-star he can be.

Is deron willams in free agency? I think so.....hmmmmmmmmm just a thought and wish but we are dealin wit the ASG so all hope may be loss

I believe that reggie evans is a free agent! and he's a damn great rebounder. I say we go out and sign him....he cant be that much! other than that I havent really seen too many more we can get from free agency that meets those needs of a rebounder or inside scorer, the list of free agents that are attainable looks pretty thin when looking for a rebounder/inside scorer. As far as trades go we know the ASG will only trade if they really feel it will make us better! There are rumors smith for bynum but i seriously doubt the ASG will trade for a injury prone center though he's good. Im sure they would rather keep smith and hope he grows up and be that all-star he can be.

Is deron willams in free agency? I think so.....hmmmmmmmmm just a thought and wish but we are dealin wit the ASG so all hope may be loss

Your out of touch if you think Deron Williams is a free agent. Also to state that the ASG will only trade if they really feel it makes us better is just wrong, or there feelings are just wrong, because Kirk did not really make us better. We got to the same place we did last year with Kirk while giving up a lot of assets to get there.

We might as well go after a Power forward who can rebound because the centers that we are able to afford are softiies or not athletic enough to go get the ball. Rick Sund will not be bringing in a decent starting center next season, it will be more of the Hilton Armstrong and Etan Thomas types. As a matter of fact, it would not surprise me to see the Hawks sign Armstrong back.

What? We need another C because our Center does not want to play Center first and foremost. The guy does not have the mentality to play C. I thought he could be Alonzo Mourning when he first came into the league but he does not want to be ZO. So, who am I or Rick Sund or the ASG or whomever Al's coach may be to try and make him into something he is not and does not want to be? I just don't get that. As for your theory of a low post threat and rebounder, I agree that this would be nice and a guy like Al Jefferson maybe can be had since they have a logjam at the PF position and considering he ways 280 pds he could man the C spot which he did last year to the tune of 18.6 pts 9.7 rebounds and 1.9 blks. If they select Derrick Williams or Kanter with there lottery pick I would definitely try to get big Al, especially if we can do that without giving up Josh, Al, or Joe. Simply getting Reggie Evans or Kenneth Faried, Kris Humphries or any other rebounding energy guy is not the answer.

We need another C, that can rebound, block shots, and score some in the paint but that is just the beginning. We need a total bench overall, especially with Jamal gone.

not arguing wit you man but look at what you are asking for! you know damn well that there is not a center in this years free agency that can do all that except howard!...im from the ol skool wit the centers man. the only guys who can rebound,block shots, and even score SOME in the paint are stars @ the center position! Take a look @ your centers the best are a handful Howard, bynum are the only centers that does everything a center is suppose to and we cant get one of these guys and you can add jefferson to the mix......

we wont make a trade so why not obtain evans!

I think when people say that we need a center, part of that is the increased rebounding and inside scoring that a decent or good center will bring to the table. The ASG wastes money on these scrub centers who can only do one thing ( sometimes not even well ).

Even with a guy like Reggie Evans, who is a tremendous rebounder . . he's an equally horrific offensive player. A dude like that would definitely help us though.

People have kicked around a name like Kris Humphries as well. But to get Kris, the ASG may have to come off of a 3yr - 10 mill to 12 mill a year contract.

But both of those guys are PFs. Smith's best position is PF. Horford wants to be a PF and not bang with centers. So those are the REAL ISSUES with the "Hawks need a center" talk. We got a PF that swears he's a SF . . and a C who wants to play PF.

To me, the guy to get is Samuel Dalembert. He's a center . . he rebounds . . he can score around the rim . . and he can block shots. But he WILL cost a little more money than the ASG will pay for. Because to obtain a player like him, we may have to pay him at least MLE money. That guy made 12.2 mill last year, so he's not going to be had for the league minimum. Somebody will pay for that dude's services.

So now it's back to trying to add one of those PFs, with Horford still having to play center. Al is talking about expanding his range. He doesn't need to expand his range, he needs to develop a post game and become a legit post player . . not the next Andrei Bargnani.

• Like 2

There are Centers that can do that in this summers free agency but we will not get any of them.

Marc Gasol

Nene

DeAndre Jordan

Tyson Chandler

Greg Oden if healthy

Dalembert can do the rebounding and block shots part

Obtainable thru trades

Al Jefferson can play Center

Chris Kaman

Now do I think we get any of these guys no, but it is not because they are not out there it is because our management is bad and does not care about really competing for a chance to win a championship

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

Your out of touch if you think Deron Williams is a free agent. Also to state that the ASG will only trade if they really feel it makes us better is just wrong, or there feelings are just wrong, because Kirk did not really make us better. We got to the same place we did last year with Kirk while giving up a lot of assets to get there.

WOW.....all that needs to be said is that you are completely WRONG...no need for me to make a comment on this Im sure most the board agrees when I say Kirk did a hell of a job defensively in the playoffs and helped us out alot. then you said we made it to the same spot! no sir we won 2 games in the second round and didnt just roll over and get swept like recent years...we saw heart, hustle and a new attitude out of this group this year in the playoffs.....dammit i commented! LOL

by the way i was asking if d.will was a free agent not saying it.

I think when people say that we need a center, part of that is the increased rebounding and inside scoring that a decent or good center will bring to the table. The ASG wastes money on these scrub centers who can only do one thing ( sometimes not even well ).

Even with a guy like Reggie Evans, who is a tremendous rebounder . . he's an equally horrific offensive player. A dude like that would definitely help us though.

People have kicked around a name like Kris Humphries as well. But to get Kris, the ASG may have to come off of a 3yr - 10 mill to 12 mill a year contract.

But both of those guys are PFs. Smith's best position is PF. Horford wants to be a PF and not bang with centers. So those are the REAL ISSUES with the "Hawks need a center" talk. We got a PF that swears he's a SF . . and a C who wants to play PF.

To me, the guy to get is Samuel Dalembert. He's a center . . he rebounds . . he can score around the rim . . and he can block shots. But he WILL cost a little more money than the ASG will pay for. Because to obtain a player like him, we may have to pay him at least MLE money. That guy made 12.2 mill last year, so he's not going to be had for the league minimum. Somebody will pay for that dude's services.

So now it's back to trying to add one of those PFs, with Horford still having to play center. Al is talking about expanding his range. He doesn't need to expand his range, he needs to develop a post game and become a legit post player . . not the next Andrei Bargnani.

dalembert would be perfect....too bad we wont get him! thats how much faith i got in the ASG

Edited by JTB

WOW.....all that needs to be said is that you are completely WRONG...no need for me to make a comment on this Im sure most the board agrees when I say Kirk did a hell of a job defensively in the playoffs and helped us out alot. then you said we made it to the same spot! no sir we won 2 games in the second round and didnt just roll over and get swept like recent years...we saw heart, hustle and a new attitude out of this group this year in the playoffs.....dammit i commented! LOL

Completely wrong huh? Like Deron Williams is a free agent? Like we did not simply make it to the 2nd round again and get sent home no matter how it happened. This is professional sports what's with all the moral victory mess? I never said Kirk did not help for 6 games but look at all the assets we gave up in the Kirk deal to simply get to the same place we had been twice without him. That's not how champions think but I see you don't have that mindset when you are so ready to settle for Reggie Evans and call it a summer.

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

Being satisfied with ZaZa and Collins is not going to cut it if you want to get over the hump.

Even if Horford continues to play 20 minutes at C per night we still need an upgrade to ZaZa and Collins.

Its to early to guess on FA Cs b/c we don't even know if there will be an MLE, a hard cap, a soft cap, luxury tax threshold, etc.

Now the trade part is for another forum.

NBA teams will be in long and boring holding pattern this off season..............just like the NFL is now.

Edited by coachx

Completely wrong huh? Like Deron Williams is a free agent? Like we did not simply make it to the 2nd round again and get sent home no matter how it happened. This is professional sports what's with all the moral victory mess? That's not how champions think but I see you don't have that mindset when you are so ready to settle for Reggie Evans and call it a summer.

again i was asking about d.will, for some reason you cant understand that. an i hate to ruin your fantasy world of us landing some BIG free agent like howard or somethin but thats not gonna happen! so what im trying to do is seek players that I know the ASG will possibly sign like reggie evans and others if it helps us and hope that the hawks unit that are there get better.....now you say i dont have that mindset but i do, im not sure if your on the right forum or not but this is not the Miami Heat, we are not about to sign 3 superstars. If you are going to be a hawks fan you mind as well prepare yourself for what the hawks are going to do as long as the ASG owns this team. ASG will make a BIG trade if they see a BIG player in return...our best trading piece is smith, now if you can find a way where we can trade smith for CP3 or another big star player please share other than that please only provide and tell us players the hawks are really capable of getting....You are speaking as if the hawks have alot of oney to sign big players! hell if reggie evans is all we do, it sure as hell is better than what we have seen in past which is going to the next season not even attempting to solve our team needs....u cant plan big things when the ASG is owning your team, its a business man! you can only hope to fill needs and hope players who are there get better.

again i was asking about d.will, for some reason you cant understand that. an i hate to ruin your fantasy world of us landing some BIG free agent like howard or somethin but thats not gonna happen! so what im trying to do is seek players that I know the ASG will possibly sign like reggie evans and others if it helps us and hope that the hawks unit that are there get better.....now you say i dont have that mindset but i do, im not sure if your on the right forum or not but this is not the Miami Heat, we are not about to sign 3 superstars. If you are going to be a hawks fan you mind as well prepare yourself for what the hawks are going to do as long as the ASG owns this team. ASG will make a BIG trade if they see a BIG player in return...our best trading piece is smith, now if you can find a way where we can trade smith for CP3 or another big star player please share other than that please only provide and tell us players the hawks are really capable of getting....You are speaking as if the hawks have alot of oney to sign big players! hell if reggie evans is all we do, it sure as hell is better than what we have seen in past which is going to the next season not even attempting to solve our team needs....u cant plan big things when the ASG is owning your team, its a business man! you can only hope to fill needs and hope players who are there get better.

I'll type this then I'm done because we are getting nowhere. You can check every trade idea I have ever posted and you will never see Dwight mentioned. You come around yourself stating that its been a while since you have said anything then start throwing out generalizations. Your out of touch my friend, not everyone around here thinks we need a superstar. You are living a fantasy if you think the majority of this board sits around and thinks about Dwight or CP3. We have moved on to more feasible targets. I'm done here. Welcome back from the grave:offtopic2:

Staying on point:

PF:

Reggie Evans, Craig Smith

C:

Pryzbilla, Fensenko, Gray

I'd like to get 1 of those PFs and 1 of those C. Pryzbilla would be ideal in my mind for what we actually have a reaslitc shot at.

I'll type this then I'm done because we are getting nowhere. You can check every trade idea I have ever posted and you will never see Dwight mentioned. You come around yourself stating that its been a while since you have said anything then start throwing out generalizations. Your out of touch my friend, not everyone around here thinks we need a superstar. You are living a fantasy if you think the majority of this board sits around and thinks about Dwight or CP3. We have moved on to more feasible targets. I'm done here. Welcome back from the grave:offtopic2:

LOL...your right obviously we have a tough time understanding each other......no biggie, it happens.

Staying on point:

PF:

Reggie Evans, Craig Smith

C:

Pryzbilla, Fensenko, Gray

I'd like to get 1 of those PFs and 1 of those C. Pryzbilla would be ideal in my mind for what we actually have a reaslitc shot at.

havent thought about pryzbilla....that another realistic target. as for aaron gray i cant see him here only because i know the hornets will do their all to retain him.