Congratulations to Mike Woodson...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Name of external link

It seems like Woody is wanted either:

1. Detroit
  2. Toronto
  3. Minnesota.

If I were him, I would opt for the Minnesota Job.

You don't think Detroit would be a better fit? They already know him there and he knows some of the players. I have to admit I'm glad he and Mike brown are getting another chance with other teams. Neither were 'great' coaches but both deserved another look.

• Premium Member

You don't think Detroit would be a better fit? They already know him there and he knows some of the players. I have to admit I'm glad he and Mike brown are getting another chance with other teams. Neither were 'great' coaches but both deserved another look.

Fit... The guys who composed Detroit while he was there are all gone with the exception of RIp and Tayshun (if he stays).

Plus, Detroit has done nothing to build for the future. I mean, I like Greg Monroe, but Stuckey is not a PG. Charlie V. and Gordon causes more problems than they solve. Rip is signed longterm. Detroit just got a new owner. Now the new owner is a Detroit guy so I can see him liking Wood.. but he might be willing to take a chance on Lambeer giving the circumstances.

Toronto is almost as bad as Detroit. They have very weak frontcourt anchored by a very soft but capable Bargnani. They have good young guys but it's going to be hard getting the FA they need there giving their tax situation.

Minnesota has it all.

I like Love.

I like their wings.

I like the fact that they got Rubio.. even if it's to trade to the Lakers for Bynum (and his massive contract and weak fundamentals).

Their only need is a 5 who would like to play beside Love.

Darko is definitely bu material.

They also could use a vet 2.

What they need is sound moves.

I agree with Diesel. Minnesota is the better fit. With his track record of building the Hawks up, the T-Wolves have the type of young squad that was somewhat similar to ours. Minnesota just needs to throw the right amount of money at a borderline star player, and get him to come to Minnesota. If they can't do it that way, trade for that player.

• Premium Member

I agree with Diesel. Minnesota is the better fit. With his track record of building the Hawks up, the T-Wolves have the type of young squad that was somewhat similar to ours. Minnesota just needs to throw the right amount of money at a borderline star player, and get him to come to Minnesota. If they can't do it that way, trade for that player.

Yeah. I like Webster, but that borderline star may be a 2 guard. And... They have to guage weather D Williams (draft) will be a bonafide star. I get Stromile Swift vibes from this guy. There was a lot of Swift hype too. Tyrus Thomas vibes also.

However, if they believe he's a star.. get him but I do believe that Beasley should not be tossed. Beasley was a true beast in college and he's starting to come into his own now.

I would give them Crawford for Johnson but Crawford would never go there.

Maybe they can trade for a guy like Mayo?

I would give them #2 overall for Mayo/1st rounder 2013 otherwise.

Mayo would be effective for them.

• Moderators

Oh yeah, can't wait to see Kevin Love guard Chris Paul.

Nicely played. I too hope the autoswitch D travels with him.

Like others, I would think hard before passing on the Minny job. Detroit has only Greg Monroe and Toronto doesn't have a player that good.

Plus can't you just see a "shower of Love" commercial where Kevin's new "Woody" makes an appearance?

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

As much as I'd love to see Rubio exiled on the bench for seasons on end, I hope to see Woody in our conference. Whichever Pistons vets remain after this year will love him, or anybody, after Qstr.

~lw3

Yeah. I like Webster, but that borderline star may be a 2 guard. And... They have to guage weather D Williams (draft) will be a bonafide star. I get Stromile Swift vibes from this guy. There was a lot of Swift hype too. Tyrus Thomas vibes also.

However, if they believe he's a star.. get him but I do believe that Beasley should not be tossed. Beasley was a true beast in college and he's starting to come into his own now.

I would give them Crawford for Johnson but Crawford would never go there.

Maybe they can trade for a guy like Mayo?

I would give them #2 overall for Mayo/1st rounder 2013 otherwise.

Mayo would be effective for them.

I was thinking maybe a trade for Stephen Jackson. He likes it in Charlotte though, so they may not part with him.

As much as I'd love to see Rubio exiled on the bench for seasons on end, I hope to see Woody in our conference. Whichever Pistons vets remain after this year will love him, or anybody, after Qstr.

~lw3

So Stuckey gets switching onto Josh Smith.....what happens?

• Moderators

So Stuckey gets switching onto Josh Smith.....what happens?

Smoove steps back and launches a 3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

~lw33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333