• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who should get the credit for us beating Orlando?

Diesel

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Here's the case....

Who is responsible (most responsible) for the 6 game win over Orlando in the first round.

Let's start with LD..

LD implemented the big lineup. Outcoached SVG.

Josh: 14.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.0 bpg, 2.3 apg.

Jamal: 20.5 ppg, 46% from 3.

Hinrich: 10 ppg, shot 50% from the field. Played lock down defense on Jameer Nelson

Joe: 18.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, shot 40% from the field.

Zaza/Collins: statwise they did very little. But they frustrated Howard and allowed Horf to play PF and Josh to play Sf.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

Otis Smith. :negative:

I hate when some do this...The Hawks deserve the credit for coming up with a game plan to beat Orlando. No one was giving us a shot before the series but after the Hawks won it's not about what the Hawks did, but what Orlando didn't do and how they were a bad team.

The team deserves the credit, no one individual. One game it was one guy, the next game a different one.

Here's the case....

Who is responsible (most responsible) for the 6 game win over Orlando in the first round.

Let's start with LD..

LD implemented the big lineup. Outcoached SVG.

Josh: 14.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.0 bpg, 2.3 apg.

Jamal: 20.5 ppg, 46% from 3.

Hinrich: 10 ppg, shot 50% from the field. Played lock down defense on Jameer Nelson

Joe: 18.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, shot 40% from the field.

Zaza/Collins: statwise they did very little. But they frustrated Howard and allowed Horf to play PF and Josh to play Sf.

I'm curious why you exclude Horford since his numbers were as good, if not better, then Josh Smith ?

Horford: 12.0 ppg / 10.2 rpg / 1.0 bbg / 3.7 apg

Edited by coachx

I hate when some do this...The Hawks deserve the credit for coming up with a game plan to beat Orlando. No one was giving us a shot before the series but after the Hawks won it's not about what the Hawks did, but what Orlando didn't do and how they were a bad team.

The team deserves the credit, no one individual. One game it was one guy, the next game a different one.

It was really just a tongue in cheek comment. Of course we deserve the credit for dominating a team like we did all season winning 7 out of 10 games it's just that I don't believe that there is any one particular person that should get the credit for it. If we credit LD for his big lineup then we have to also credit Sund for bringing in Kirkland who smothered Jameer and shot lights out from the field while giving up his body to clinch game 6 for us. We should credit Joe for not necessarily shooting well in the series but rather rebounding the hell out of the ball to offset Collins being in the lineup, Jamal should get credit for literally being Michael Jordan off the bench, Josh while wild on offense at least kept Hedo from doing anything, Horf was solid doing the little things from passing to locking down the boards, Zaza for frustrating Dwight so much, even Marvin was decent in the Orlando series. Simply put, we had a team effort against Orlando.

It was really just a tongue in cheek comment. Of course we deserve the credit for dominating a team like we did all season winning 7 out of 10 games it's just that I don't believe that there is any one particular person that should get the credit for it. If we credit LD for his big lineup then we have to also credit Sund for bringing in Kirkland who smothered Jameer and shot lights out from the field while giving up his body to clinch game 6 for us. We should credit Joe for not necessarily shooting well in the series but rather rebounding the hell out of the ball to offset Collins being in the lineup, Jamal should get credit for literally being Michael Jordan off the bench, Josh while wild on offense at least kept Hedo from doing anything, Horf was solid doing the little things from passing to locking down the boards, Zaza for frustrating Dwight so much, even Marvin was decent in the Orlando series. Simply put, we had a team effort against Orlando.

Cool

• Premium Member

Otis Smith.

yeah...

All praise goes to Orlando for being so awful. I can't believe we're even talking about a 1st-round win all these years in. Am I missing something? When did the Hawks become the Clippers?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I'm curious why you exclude Horford since his numbers were as good, if not better, then Josh Smith ?

Horford: 12.0 ppg / 10.2 rpg / 1.0 bbg / 3.7 apg

What did Horf shoot? 40%?

So we move Horf to his position of Choice and he goes from being a 55.7% shooter to a 40.3% shooter... Now ask yourself.. Why did I exclude Horf?

• Premium Member

LD and Kirk. Without Collins helping out, we wouldn't have won the series, and without Hinrich's shut down D we wouldn't have won.

It's interesting to me that nobody really likes what Jamal brought to the table.

Shooting 46% on 3s and leading us in scoring is not a small deal. He hit the game winning shot for game 3...

I think Hinrich stopping Nelson also deserved more hugs.

Nelson was a non MFing Factor.

Usually, Nelson scorches us and Dwight Scorches us.. For Dwight to have to do it alone was a big load.

Joe Johnson in the 4 Orlando wins

22.3 ppg

7.3 rebs

3.8 asst

Jason Richardson in the entire Orlando vs Atlanta series

10 ppg

4 rebs

1.2 asst

When JJ played bad, the team lost . . regardless of what everybody else did. When JJ played decent to great, the Hawks won.

But only 2 votes

LOL . . typical of the non-love that JJ receives.

Joe Johnson in the 4 Orlando wins

22.3 ppg

7.3 rebs

3.8 asst

Jason Richardson in the entire Orlando vs Atlanta series

10 ppg

4 rebs

1.2 asst

When JJ played bad, the team lost . . regardless of what everybody else did. When JJ played decent to great, the Hawks won.

But only 2 votes

LOL . . typical of the non-love that JJ receives.

so then if Joe can play great four games, why not all games. That's the problem with Joe even with his supporting cast he shows that he can carry us one game but not the next.

Everyone had their moments in helping us win this series. So for me, it boils down to:

1. Jason Collins. He may suck against everyone else, but about his only saving grace is that he somehow is the only guy on our roster who can frustrate Dwight Howard. We don't win this series without him.

Larry Drew: More or less outcoached SVG. Decided to stick to his guns with the big lineup. Generally coached better in this series than the Bulls series. Firmly convinced that Woody wouldn't had led us past them.

3. Hinrich. Because he wasn't Bibby and played some lockdown D.

4. Jamal Crawford: Was HUGE for us this series (not so much against the Bulls). We couldn't have asked for anything more [sans defense] from him here.

I can't pick one...without either one of those guys playing/coaching like they did, we lose the series.

so then if Joe can play great four games, why not all games. That's the problem with Joe even with his supporting cast he shows that he can carry us one game but not the next.

LOL. . what supporting cast?

Jamal played great at times. Josh played decent. Horford, other than rebounding, was garbage. Marvin was garbage. Zaza, for his role, pretty much played well at times.

See . . this is exactly what I'm talking about. JJ got it done in 4 games, but people complain about him not getting it done all 6 games. Dog him for not being a superstar, but expecting superstar play out of him . . even though you know he isn't?

The real question is, when JJ doesn't have it going, why can't people step up to the plate big time, and win a game for us? Other guys much better than JJ have been in the same situation, and have gone down in flames as well. Kobe damn near wanted to leave his team because of this. It wasn't until he, and others in his situation got adequate help, that the team could win games even when the star didn't play at his highest level.

It is what it is though.

LOL. . what supporting cast?

Jamal played great at times. Josh played decent. Horford, other than rebounding, was garbage. Marvin was garbage. Zaza, for his role, pretty much played well at times.

See . . this is exactly what I'm talking about. JJ got it done in 4 games, but people complain about him not getting it done all 6 games. Dog him for not being a superstar, but expecting superstar play out of him . . even though you know he isn't?

The real question is, when JJ doesn't have it going, why can't people step up to the plate big time, and win a game for us? Other guys much better than JJ have been in the same situation, and have gone down in flames as well. Kobe damn near wanted to leave his team because of this. It wasn't until he, and others in his situation got adequate help, that the team could win games even when the star didn't play at his highest level.

It is what it is though.

It is what it is, I agree. The Hawks are not going to go to the Finals because the owners constructed this team poorly. But the thing is, we have as much talent as a team like the Mavs, and yet they still find a way to get to the finals. Somebody is doing something wrong with this franchise and it starts from the top.

Edited by Supporter

It's interesting to me that nobody really likes what Jamal brought to the table.

Shooting 46% on 3s and leading us in scoring is not a small deal. He hit the game winning shot for game 3...

I think Hinrich stopping Nelson also deserved more hugs.

Nelson was a non MFing Factor.

Usually, Nelson scorches us and Dwight Scorches us.. For Dwight to have to do it alone was a big load.

Oh , no doubt. Was at that game. Jamal was definitely huge in the series, but Kirk's defense shut Jameer down and also forced numerous turnovers. Craw was just hot and hit mostly everything he chucked.