• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Marvin Williams undergoes back procedure

pimp

• Premium Member

You beat me to it, Marvin hurting the Hawks again. If he can not do anything basketball for 6 to 8 weeks that might keep a team from taking him in a trade for the next 2 months and that's not good

It's a C-O-N-Spriacy.

Marvin is sabotaging the Hawks.

• Premium Member

The back thing may be a big deal. What if back problems kept Marvin from being that 20-10 guy BK sold us on?

Hopefully the procedure will help him play better since we are stuck with him. If he did have a disk problem, then this could result in some relief.

But, I do agree where was the AJC on this? No where, as usual.

Maybe because the Beat writer for the Hawks knows he's worthless and just put him in the bottom part of his last article along with the Hawks players' camps. But, what's confusing is the "resume basketball activities" I didn't know he did anything basketball related in the off season.

Maybe because the Beat writer for the Hawks knows he's worthless and just put him in the bottom part of his last article along with the Hawks players' camps. But, what's confusing is the "resume basketball activities" I didn't know he did anything basketball related in the off season.

Not that clear to me he does any basketball activities during the season.....

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/Marvin_PR_060811.html

The press release from the Hawks came out first. The sportswriters (including TSN, and those not-so-local papers trolling TSN for news) just reported on the press release from Hawks' PR as they wished. No investigative reporting by the crack staff at the Biloxi newspaper.

~lw3

Don't remember the exact details but I can recall hearing about a bad back that was gonna require surgery their was a debate that he was gonna miss the playoffs if he had surgery so he opted for rehab to be able to play.

• Premium Member

Cunningham had the story tweeted on the AJC site about noon.

I posted a mention of that in the Marvin comparables thread somewhere between 30-60 minutes later.

Sports Network has a time stamp of 13:53 ET on their story, which I assume came out not too long after the press release since they probably have an NBA PR feed of some kind.

Not a lot more to report about it than a simple tweet... I'm satisfied that Cunningham did the competent, efficient thing.

• Premium Member

You bought into that? lol

Won't be 20-10, but as was just asserted in the Marvin comparables thread and in case someone missed it, after 6 seasons, he's tracked somewhere between a Robert Horry kind-of career and a Derrick McKey kind-of career, with an outside shot at tanking to a Tim Thomas career, and a longer outside shot a Lamar Odom kind-of career.

Just prior to the game when he sustained his December back injury, he had put together a run of 10 games in which he was hitting 42% on 3pt, and was doing about 14 and 5 in just under 36 minutes of action per game. The point production numbers faded slightly after that--slightly less than 13, and maybe more telling, he was less of a 3 pt threat, hitting almost 5% less (37.5%). However, on the other hand, his rebounding actually surged slightly to something closer to 6 rebounds... and both the point and rebound numbers are, btw, adjusted for 36 min, though he actually averaged playing closer to 27:30.

• Like 1

Don't remember the exact details but I can recall hearing about a bad back that was gonna require surgery their was a debate that he was gonna miss the playoffs if he had surgery so he opted for rehab to be able to play.

That was 2 years ago I believe, not without coincidence his best season.