• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FoxSportsOhio Rumor > Cavs "have reached out" to Hawks

sturt

• Premium Member

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/18/11/NBA-notes-Rumors-heat-up-as-draft-nears/landing_cavaliers.html?blockID=533350&feedID=3724

Others say the Cavs are reaching out to Atlanta. No word on whom the Cavs would want (or if it's even true), but I wouldn't be surprised. Cavs general manager Chris Grant was once an employee of the Hawks, so he certainly still has some connections there.

Mystery to me. :read:

It wouldn't surprise me to see them try and get Marvin again this year, although his value is certainly at it's lowest point ever right now.

They could get him with their TPE and offer us a good bit of luxury tax breathing room.

Maybe they want Teague.??

Before the JoCraw/Bibby trade at the deadline ,there was this rumor.

"SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears 2/22/2011

Hawks considering trading guard Jeff Teague and swingman Maurice Evans to Cleveland for guards Ramon Sessions and Manny Harris, source said.

26 minutes ago"

Honestly I bet the cavs are reaching out to us about trading their number 4 pick for either Josh Smith or Al Horford.....just a thought since the ESPN rumor does say that they are looking to indeed trade their number 4 pick.

I mean if the hawks could get derrick willams at number 4 I would be all for trading smith or jamal for the number four pick but of course derrick would be gone by them but again just guessing that the possible call was prob about them trading with us for the number 4 pick.

If you watch the Michael Cunningham video article on the main page...MC is pushing the narrative that Joe isn't living up to his contract and the Hawks may want to build the team around Al or Josh.

Don't be surprised if they are calling about Joe. With 2 top 4 draft picks and some salary flexibility they may be willing to give the Hawks expirings for Joe and Marvin.

First off Horford isn't going anywhere unless we're dealing for a top 5 player.

I could see us being interested in getting Kanter by giving up Smoove but they'd have to give us a veteran player(s) since we'd be taking an enormous risk by dealing Josh for a rookie.

I'm doubtful that anyone would trade for Joe at this point but the Cavs may be ready to make a splash with their salary cap space and Joe is a pretty safe player to acquire since you know what you'll get with him and isnt a giant douche like LeBron.

We really don't need to wait around on a player to "hopefully develop". We are past that now. The only reason would be to Josh for 4th/pick and Varejo so Horf can play power forward. We could always flip the #4 pick and a player (MArvin) for another player. I really feel that Josh is a goner.

Teague

JJ

Marvin

Al

Varejo

Hinrich

#4 pick

Can we honestly move JJ?

Edited by Wurider05

Honestly I bet the cavs are reaching out to us about trading their number 4 pick for either Josh Smith or Al Horford.....just a thought since the ESPN rumor does say that they are looking to indeed trade their number 4 pick.

I mean if the hawks could get derrick willams at number 4 I would be all for trading smith or jamal for the number four pick but of course derrick would be gone by them but again just guessing that the possible call was prob about them trading with us for the number 4 pick.

I wonder if D. Williams can guard the SF position. He is definately too small to defend most NBA PFs.

I like the idea of Kanter if he falls to #4 but I bet the T-Wolves take Kanter at #2. They really need a C.

• Moderators

We really don't need to wait around on a player to "hopefully develop". We are past that now. The only reason would be to Josh for 4th/pick and Varejo so Horf can play power forward. We could always flip the #4 pick and a player (MArvin) for another player. I really feel that Josh is a goner.

Teague

JJ

Marvin

Al

Varejo

Hinrich

#4 pick

Can we honestly move JJ?

If Josh goes it better not be in this deal. If we're trying to create the boringest team in the league I think that's it. Teague will be the only bit of excitement. A Marvin, Al, Varejo front line is just is a nightmare to me.

I wonder if D. Williams can guard the SF position. He is definately too small to defend most NBA PFs.

I like the idea of Kanter if he falls to #4 but I bet the T-Wolves take Kanter at #2. They really need a C.

I can see that but only if they don't trade love for Pau. Have Pau play center Beasley PF, Rubio Pg just need Sf. they have a good young sg.

• Moderators

I can see that but only if they don't trade love for Pau. Have Pau play center Beasley PF, Rubio Pg just need Sf. they have a good young sg.

They just used a the #4 overall pick last year on a SF.

• Moderators

and they have Beasley puting up good numbers at SF. I see W. Johnson moving to SG with Rubio dominating the ball handling next season.

Agreed. I don't see SF as their position of need if they deal Love for Gasol.