• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Twitter trade rumors of Josh to Orlando

JohnnyCASH

http://twitter.com/#!/NBASource1/status/83340541483429889

http://twitter.com/#!/LindsayM_CSN/status/83337257674743808

Breaking News: According to my sources the Orlando Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson/ Ryan Anderson/ .more details stay tuned!

The Hawks will also acquire Daniel Orton/ and conditional draft picks in the Josh Smith trade..Hawks also trade Kirk Hinrich to the Magic.

This trade officially will be announced the day of the NBA Draft also there was speculation that a 3rd team jumped in, Details Stay Tuned!

The 3rd-team announced in the Hawks/Magic proposal is the Dallas Mavericks they will to trade Brendan Haywood and Rodrigue Beaubois to hawks

Marvin Williams will go to dallas in the 3 team trade, Mavericks are not expected to re-sign Caron Butler according to one of my sources.

EDIT: http://twitter.com/#!/LindsayM_CSN/status/83348236772970496

Hawks PR saying this is not true.

Edited by cptkirksavetheday

So this is what the trades would look like according to those rumors but it doesn't come close to working using the ESPN trade machine as Orlando is acquiring $7.3 million too much in salary ... but if we cut Hinrich out of the deal it does work and I really like what we'd be getting in return. 2 big body centers and one with a lot of potential, 2 very solid PGs and 1 of them with a lot of potential and already some quality NBA minutes and then we also get a pretty solid SF/PF tweener that can shoot the lights out.

That's a lot to get in return for giving up someone we don't want (Marvin) and someone we probably need to trade (Smith) and depending on the conditional picks Orlando is giving up a lot to get him but I guess it guarantees that Dwight re-ups with them.

For Dallas they get a serviceable SF who might do well with them and although they give up Beaubois they would be getting out of a very long Haywood contract and I don't like that from our perspective but he should be able to give us good starting minutes for 2-3 years while Orton develops.

Atlanta Outgoing

Smith

Williams

Hinrich

Atlanta Incoming

Jameer Nelson

Ryan Anderson

Brendan Haywood

Rodrigue Beaubois

Daniel Orton

Conditional Draft Picks (from Orlando)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando Outgoing

Jameer Nelson

Ryan Anderson

Daniel Orton

Conditional Draft Picks

Orlando Incoming

Josh Smith

Kirk Hinrich

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Outgoing

Brendan Haywood

Rodrigue Beaubois

Dallas Incoming

Marvin Williams

• Admin

Its a terrible trade. Jameer is an overrated pg if you ask me and Anderson is one dimensional and Orton is not NBA quality.. Haywood isn't much to talk home about either. Rodrigue Beaubois is interesting but he is undersized

I just see us taking a step back with this.

• Premium Member

Its a terrible trade. Jameer is an overrated pg if you ask me and Anderson is one dimensional and Orton is not NBA quality.. Haywood isn't much to talk home about either. Rodrigue Beaubois is interesting but he is undersized

I just see us taking a step back with this.

I'd do the Marvin for Heywood/Roddy all day.

But keep Smoove.

Well I suppose I'm deranged but I don't think it's as bad as you guys are making it out to be, especially if Josh really is a locker room cancer that wants out. I know PER isn't the end all be all of measurements or even close but Anderson had a PER of 19.1 last year, which was slightly less than Josh's 19.3 and Nelson even in a down year was at 15.5.

Orton may never be anything but a lot of people around here liked him in the draft last year and he's still very young. Heywood rebounds and blocks shots and plays in the paint which is a perfect compliment to Al. Anderson spreads the floor from the SF spot with his 3pt shooting and he's still young as well. I'd probably look to move Nelson to someone else since we wouldn't have much need for him but at least he has value. We'd be set with Teague and Beaubois as our PGs and Hinrich could back Joe up for one more year.

I think there may be credence but I think the players discussed are wrong.

The core of the deal for us is getting 5 players for 2 (agree that either Marvin or Hinrich will not be in the final deal). My assumption is if they are giving up Nelson, it's Hinrich that's being traded.

So we would line up

Heywood/Zaza/Orton

Horford/Anderson

Williams

Johnson/

Nelson/Teague/Beaubois

2 draft picks signed means 12 roster slots filled with 6 million under the LT.

Resign Craw at 5 million per.

With the 26th pick, there are about 3 serviceable but not great SF's that would be available around there. Best of which is Kyle Singler at Duke.

Now looking at this trade, we are worse...decidedly worse defensively. Maybe better rebounding, better offensive point guard play.

Now look at what we just did for Orlando.

Howard/Clark

Smith/Bass

Turkoglu/Q.Richardson

J.Richardson/Reddick

Hinrich/Arenas

That team can compete for a title. Defensively with Howard/Smith at the 4/5 and Hedo's length and Hinrich at the 1, they'd be ridiculous. Offensively, with Howard drawing double teams, Smith cutting or cleaning up misses makes them unstoppable inside.

• Admin

The core of the deal for us is getting 5 players for 2 (agree that either Marvin or Hinrich will not be in the final deal). My assumption is if they are giving up Nelson, it's Hinrich that's being traded.

So we would line up

Heywood/Zaza/Orton

Horford/Anderson

Williams

Johnson/

Nelson/Teague/Beaubois

With the 26th pick, there are about 3 serviceable but not great SF's that would be available around there. Best of which is Kyle Singler at Duke.

Now looking at this trade, we are worse...decidedly worse defensively. Maybe better rebounding, better offensive point guard play.

Howard/Clark

Smith/Bass

Turkoglu/Q.Richardson

J.Richardson/Reddick

Hinrich/Arenas

That team can compete for a title. Defensively with Howard/Smith at the 4/5 and Hedo's length and Hinrich at the 1, they'd be ridiculous. Offensively, with Howard drawing double teams, Smith cutting or cleaning up misses makes them unstoppable inside.

...not only is Hinrich a better fit but he also comes off the books next season. Just a bad trade for us

lol, all of you are calling blasphemy on the return Atlanta is getting, but why in the world would Dallas (right after winning a championship) trade Roddy and Brenden for MARVIN FREAKIN WILLIAMS!!!! :roulette: These twitter trolls could've atleast had a little bit more creativity...

Edited by Supporter

lol, all of you are calling blasphemy on the return Atlanta is getting, but why in the world would Dallas (right after winning a championship) trade Roddy and Brenden for MARVIN FREAKIN WILLIAMS!!!! :roulette: These twitter trolls could've atleast had a little bit more creativity...

Because Beaubois is redundant and the needs SF if they're really not bringing Caron back. Plus Hayword is 31 and has 5 more years remaining on a deal that he's not worth.

You guys have to realize Orlando lies a lot. The whole CP3 to Orlando thing last year was a major lie as well. It's not just idiots in their media, it's Otis too.

So we would line up

Heywood/Zaza/Orton

Horford/Anderson

Williams

Johnson/

Nelson/Teague/Beaubois

Howard/Clark

Smith/Bass

Turkoglu/Q.Richardson

J.Richardson/Reddick

Hinrich/Arenas

You can't trade Hinrich to the Magic as the salaries are off by 7 million and change. We'd have to take back another big long term contract from them and I don't see that happening. Plus you're now cutting Dallas out of the deal which would be against this rumor, even if the rumor is baseless.

Because Beaubois is redundant and the needs SF if they're really not bringing Caron back. Plus Hayword is 31 and has 5 more years remaining on a deal that he's not worth.

I wasn't aware of the Heywood deal but still, quality centers are hard to come by and he was part of their championship run, especially against the Lakers. I still don't think Marvin is anywhere close to the value of Roddy plus Heywood, they could get a better player than Duck..

You guys have to realize Orlando lies a lot. The whole CP3 to Orlando thing last year was a major lie as well. It's not just idiots in their media, it's Otis too.

I chuckled at the Otis part.

I wasn't aware of the Heywood deal but still, quality centers are hard to come by and he was part of their championship run, especially against the Lakers. I still don't think Marvin is anywhere close to the value of Roddy plus Heywood, they could get a better player than Duck..

I chuckled at the Otis part.

They may feel that Marvin still has a shot at being something in the right circumstances and with Barea and Jet they can afford to let Beaubois go. Plus Chandler is their guy at C going forward and Haywood isn't worth anywhere near what his contract is so we'd be doing them a favor by taking it.

And what of the talk from you over and again of Atlanta trading for CP3? Should those not be considered lies as well? I'm not saying you purposely lied but those rumors never had any legs either.

You can't trade Hinrich to the Magic as the salaries are off by 7 million and change. We'd have to take back another big long term contract from them and I don't see that happening. Plus you're now cutting Dallas out of the deal which would be against this rumor, even if the rumor is baseless.

you're right, I wasn't even thinking from the angle of it matching up at that point with 3 teams. I was just disgusted at the lack of need at SF being filled.

When Josh Smith is gone, I think a lot of people on this board are going to wake up about 7 games into the season and admit they miss him.

you're right, I wasn't even thinking from the angle of it matching up at that point with 3 teams. I was just disgusted at the lack of need at SF being filled.

When Josh Smith is gone, I think a lot of people on this board are going to wake up about 7 games into the season and admit they miss him.

No doubt there would be times that we'd miss Smoove but Anderson absolutely fills our needs at SF and he can play minutes at the 4 as well. I don't know why people here don't seem to value him as much as I do but he'd be a massive upgrade over Marvin and we'd be getting a lot of quality depth in this trade.

I'd still MUCH rather try and get Hibbert and the 15 plus maybe Wesley Johnson for Smoove though.