• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Twitter trade rumors of Josh to Orlando

JohnnyCASH

you're right, I wasn't even thinking from the angle of it matching up at that point with 3 teams. I was just disgusted at the lack of need at SF being filled.

When Josh Smith is gone, I think a lot of people on this board are going to wake up about 7 games into the season and admit they miss him.

I think when Josh Smith is gone, we will probably be getting a quality player back which is what mgmt has been saying all along, so if that is the case, and if we do get a good player back, maybe a center, then maybe I will wake up smiling??? Who knows, but Josh Smith is not as important to this team as some squawkers think.

And what of the talk from you over and again of Atlanta trading for CP3? Should those not be considered lies as well? I'm not saying you purposely lied but those rumors never had any legs either.

They were taking offers. I never said once it was a done deal. Search my history on that. Just cause I want him doesn't mean we are going to get him. Hence O.J. Mayo.

Never said it was a done deal so no lies. They were taking offers at that time. They just decided to keep CP3 for good. No one seen it coming. I can only push what been said by more than one source I trust.

Well I suppose I'm deranged but I don't think it's as bad as you guys are making it out to be, especially if Josh really is a locker room cancer that wants out. I know PER isn't the end all be all of measurements or even close but Anderson had a PER of 19.1 last year, which was slightly less than Josh's 19.3 and Nelson even in a down year was at 15.5.

Orton may never be anything but a lot of people around here liked him in the draft last year and he's still very young. Heywood rebounds and blocks shots and plays in the paint which is a perfect compliment to Al. Anderson spreads the floor from the SF spot with his 3pt shooting and he's still young as well. I'd probably look to move Nelson to someone else since we wouldn't have much need for him but at least he has value. We'd be set with Teague and Beaubois as our PGs and Hinrich could back Joe up for one more year.

Wow oh wow, this has to be the richest post today and I've seen some really "wealthy" things written today. I mean instantly you could tell this was pure bs rumor. Smith article(loosely based) about being in trade talks and not even 4 hours later gets traded to orlando no less........

Come on Dolf, I've been reading your post all the way back when Jay Walker was around.

Wow oh wow, this has to be the richest post today and I've seen some really "wealthy" things written today. I mean instantly you could tell this was pure bs rumor. Smith article(loosely based) about being in trade talks and not even 4 hours later gets traded to orlando no less........

Come on Dolf, I've been reading your post all the way back when Jay Walker was around.

I'm sure it probably is pure BS but you never know we've seen some head scratchingly crazy trades over the past few years and would anyone here really be surprised to see a team that dealt the greatest player in franchise history do something unpopular and potentially devastating? And I don't think anyone here truly knows how Josh is seen by his teammates and the teams desire to trade him or his desire to leave as all of those could play a large part in his trade value.

I'm sure it probably is pure BS but you never know we've seen some head scratchingly crazy trades over the past few years and would anyone here really be surprised to see a team that dealt the greatest player in franchise history do something unpopular and potentially devastating? And I don't think anyone here truly knows how Josh is seen by his teammates and the teams desire to trade him or his desire to leave as all of those could play a large part in his trade value.

i still think Cunningham's quotes on JJ are more important in that aspect. MC called Joe out the other day stating he isn't living up to the contract and they'd be okay moving him and going in a new direction running the offense through Horford or even Josh.

So thinking that through, bringing in a pick n' roll pg, 3 point shooters, defensive center and running the offense through Pnrolll ala Malone/Stockton with spot up shooters and a defensive center may be the way they are moving.....if the Josh thing goes down, then I think this is just step one and it's a full remake.

lol, all of you are calling blasphemy on the return Atlanta is getting, but why in the world would Dallas (right after winning a championship) trade Roddy and Brenden for MARVIN FREAKIN WILLIAMS!!!! :roulette: These twitter trolls could've atleast had a little bit more creativity...

Plus 1

The trade that brought Crawford here for two guards that we used very little seemed crazy. But it happened.

I wish this were true.

When you take your homer glasses off this is alot of value the Hawks would be getting back:

Beaubois

Haywood

Orton

Nelson

Anderson

conditional picks

for just Smoove and Marvin ?......even if we had to include Hinrich I'd do it.

This should be a no brainer for Sund. The Hawks would have all kinds of trade chips for future moves.

I do agree that the Mavs part it what makes no sense. Well, that is actually the part that makes the trade worth while for the Hawks but makes no sense for the Mavericks unless the Mavericks are the ones getting all the conditional draft picks.

Edited by coachx