• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So lets say the "BIG RUMOR" goes down draft night!

JTB

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you arent aware there is a BIG rumor coming from twitter that the Hawks, Magic, & Mavs are in a 3 team trade that is nearly done and said to be announced draft night this week. With the comments coming from Hawksquawk member "cptkirksavetheday" thread about the whole twitter rumor:http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/360506-twitter-trade-rumors-of-josh-to-orlando/......I see most hawk fans are mad but look @ this starting 5 if this deal goes down! can we really be that mad! yeah we lose are high flying, shot blocking, terrible decision making, no jump shot what so ever, yet exciting player Josh Smith but this deal for the hawks is great!

If the rumor has any chance to go down and Im hoping it does have a shot! our starting lineup will be......

pg-jameer nelson or jeff teague

at this point it doesnt matter who the starting point guard will be we now have one proven young pg in nelson and another young pg who looks to be ready to take over and lead the team as well judging by how he played in the playoffs. so this deal has us set at pg. If it was my decision I would start teague and have nelson coming off the bench!

sg-Joe johnson backed up by Kirk Hinirich

ok so yeah Im sayin we lose Jamal but all is well because at the end of the day if Jamal wasnt scoring he wasnt anything. Kirk has been a bench player before, Kirk can defend and is able to score maybe not as well as jamal but captain kirk can put the ball in the goal as for JJ we know what JJ can and cannot do but as for now he is our star and this is putting better talent around him with this deal.

sf-ryan anderson backed up by damien wilkins

well here's one of the problems that is somewhat solved at SF. with this deal we now have a legit 3 that can knock down the 3 ball all day in ryan anderson. now im not big on the guy but hell if we are going to play LD's offense then we need pure shooters. Anderson fits this roll offensively no doubt, now only problem is can he defend which he's average at and can he grab rebounds? that is the mystery. as for wilkins, if he stays we know how energetic he is and thats needed plus he's not a terrible defender actually pretty good. at the end of the day we will miss smith's defense over anderson's but we fall in love with andersons 3 point shot. so to me its like adding and subtracting with anderson. Anderson is killing Smith offensively but defensively I gotta give that to J smoove until I actually see anderson on this team, his 3 is there but the defense is a question.

pf-Al Horford backed up by ??????

well not sure who the backup will be I seriously doubt the hawks sign powell back but all is still good if this rumor were to go down because now Horford finally gets his wish and him and his pappy can celebrate as horford is now a full time power forward! because now the hawks have a legit center by the name of brendan haywood whom alot of hawksquawkers wanted last year including myself. also ryan anderson can play a little time @ the 4 as well and he's proven it though I dont think he should get too much time there but he can play it!

C-Branden Haywood backed up by Zaza Pachulia/Jason Collins

Finally finally finally....if this trade rumor from twitter was to go through the hawks now have a REBOUNDING, DEFENDING, BLOCKING....LEGIT CENTER in none other than Branden Haywood himself! This is what we wanted at this position somebody who can BANG with every center in the NBA. now that doesnt mean he wont "get did" on some games but the dude can def hold his ground and score a bit around the goal. He is 30 but I see plenty left in the tank! With zaza bringing that hustle and the no stats MVP getting resigned this summer I would say we have a good set of BIGS to carry us in the playoffs with Haywood leading the way! He also should make horford better as far as rebounding goes and rebounding should not be a problem with haywood on the floor and horford giving it his all.

well there ya have it folks! do you welcome this trade rumor or not? looking past the excitement with josh smith this is a better suited team to win and advance on the playoffs. though I will miss the highloghts of J smoove Im a hawk fan that wants to see our team win and become elite or as close as they can get to elite or atleast be more competive.

Current starting line up that gave us the best shot against teams

pg-teague/hinrich

sg-johnson/jamal

sf-smith/marvin

pf-horford/powell

c-collins/zaza

Twitter rumor lineup

pg-teague/nelson

sg-johnson/kirk

sf-anderson/wilkins

pf-horford/?????

c-B.haywood/zaza & collins

Last I want to say to all hawksqawkers....Im being so serious when I say I honestly dont think it can get better than this we should actually be rooting for this to happen. I like smoove just as much as the next guy but we all know smith and horford just dont seem to work and we are going to have to depart one of them soon and smith contract makes it easier to trade him. by the way: BEFORE ANYBODY SAY YOU ARE STUPID TO BELIEVE IN THIS TRADE REMEMBER THAT ALL THINGS IN THE NBA ARE POSSIBLE AND THAT DOESNT MEAN I THINK THE TRADE WILL HAPPEN...IM JUST SAYING ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!......go hawks!!!!!

anderson is not a sf nor starter

ok understandable...dont like anderson huh...well the rumor also said that the mavs arent likely to resign butler....so lets put the icing on the cake shall we bring home butler............now the deal sounds too good to be true for real atleast in my eyes! be great if this were to happen. then this would be the hawks best off season in some years! but imma stop the dream talk before somebody actually think I believe this could happen but again all things are possible in the NBA so there is 0.1 percent of hope in there somewhere!

Anderson is not better than Smith offensively. He cannot not post anywhere near as well as Josh, can't get his own shot, he is a one trick pony that can shoot it from outside. He is a good one trick pony but a one tricker just the same.

Defensively, that team is worse. You left out Beaubois and Orton from your scenario. Orlando is much, much much better and is a defensive nightmare.

Imagine the Hawks are luck and make it to the second round with that unit and face Orlando.

In the paint, you have Heywood v Howard, Horford v Smith, Anderson v. Hedo.

Al can't handle Josh defensively. Josh is more explosive, quicker, more coordinated. Al's only advantage is a small amount of strength and the ability to step out and shoot.

Heywood cannot, I repeat, cannot handle Howard any better than Horford. Hedo > Anderson.

Defensively, we can't penetrate because now you have 2 shotblockers in the paint in Josh and Dwight. We are a jump shooting, non penetrating team and are so poorly matched we lose the 7 game series in just 2 games.

That squad may compete against the bad teams in the league better but would be atrocious against the good teams.

We are a top 10 team in the league right now.....knocking on the door of ECF competivity. Any trade should increase our chance of a getting there. If that trade makes one of the other 5 top teams light years better, it is a bad trade regardless. Josh and Dwight in Orlando together is a nightmare. The last time the league saw anything like what that would be, was Robinson/Duncan. Yes it would be that scary (not as good offensively but scary good team defense).

We were NOT a top 10 team in the league last year . . we just happened to play fairly well in the playoffs. Alll 8 west teams were better than us last year, along with the 4 top seeds in the East.

That trade, if anything, balances us out. It may or may not make us better.

I take it that Marvin is traded in that rumor? Otherwise, he'd still have to be the starting SF.

With that roster, the starting lineup would have to be this.

PG - Nelson

G - Hinrich

F - Johnson

PF - Horford

C - Haywood

Offensively, that's definitely an upgrade. Defensively it would be up to Horford how good the unit is.

We would need more than Teague, Anderson and Zaza off the bench. One more quality bench player ( preferably a deadeye shooter or shot creator ) would be needed. And Teague couldn't afford to have lapses as a scorer.

If that team was better offensively, and a better rebounding team, that squad could be better than what we currently have now. Any injuries to JJ would be a killer though, because we'd have no SF on the roster. So the guy to be added to the bench would have to be a SF that is better than Damien.

I need to view the other thread to see what the rumor actually is. That lineup, if anything, still holds us where we are as a potential 45 - 50 win, top 5 seed in the East.

I cannot say that the starting lineup would definately be better but can say that the roster would definately be better as a whole. It gives the Hawks alot of trade chips where follow up deals could be made. It gives a GM alot of future trade pieces and we all know that is the way Atlanta has to build their franchise.