• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Questions....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Did Big Z just waltz on down the lane at will?

Our lead scorer from last night won't make the team?

Boris is not ready. 21 mins.. 0 points?

JT should've stepped up. I know it's only preseason but with SAR on the bench, JT becomes first option... NOT Nailon.

Hansen and Holcomb doesn't play??

I say get rid of Nailon NOW.. This is what I would like to see:

JT/JV

Glover/DIaw/Hansen

Sjack/Holcomb

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr/Ekezie 4 sheezee...

IL: CC/DD/DJ

Here's why:

Holcomb... Because we need his athleticism, however, as soon as DJ becomes available, we go with HIm. He has shooting ability and Athletic Ability.

Ekezie.... This is the big Body we need off the bench. I'm not processing his statline. I'm processing 6'9 270.... That's a man. That's a man that we can put on Shaq.

Hansen.... I want to see this kid play but it may be that we cut him? I'm not sure... I think he has 2 years.

Why no Nailon. Nailon has no outside shot. Nailon doesn't play good defense. Nailon is really not athletic. He fits into none of our molds...

Please...Nailon can score...Holcomb is and forever will be a scrub....with your lineup ..we have no offense from our bench....and yes Nailon does have an outside shot...no he does not have three point range but he is solid from mid range.

Diaw will be fine...he is never going to score a lot but he can do everything else fine.

I think we do need Ekezie's size and rebounding.

I think we might as well cut CC for his roster spot.

And seriously...if this was a regular season game JT would have had 30...Cavs didn't have anybody out there last night that could guard JT.

No more DJ talk please the guy isn't here. Quit crying that he isn't here. Get on with it all ready. Not to mention the guy has never proven anything. You can all call me out when he does something for the entire year. He hasn't and I'm sick of hearing about he is a saviour of some sort.

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the Hawks and players by their performance in a pre-season game. You seriously aren't telling us that JT needs to step up in a pre season game. The whole could have been working on different things through out the game. Maybe JT was working to get the team to work well as an offensive group. Maybe it was Nailon's job to look to score. Unless you are in the huddle how do you know what their agenda was for a pre-season game.

Let's wait til the real season starts before we start making judgements on players and NO MORE DJ. The guy doesn't play for us and we won't be resiging him. Plus, right now I would much rather have Nailon than him.

Just my thoughts.

P

I saw some very good signs in that game. It was just supposed to be a tuneup, if you win, its just icing on the cake. It is not all that necessary. What I saw was Cleveland fielding their best players, minus a few injured role players. Our best player is still rehabbing his back, Cleveland plays big Z who IS their best player 26 minutes, for the second straight night. I don't know what Silas is thinking, because I'd rather have Z for more minutes in games that count and not risk losing him in a preseason game...

but anyway, the Hawks played excellent defense, which allowed them to attempt MORE shots than the cavs, they rebounded the ball well, their offense was rusty but then they are minus their number one option on offense and I belive they were trying to get Nailon to become that Microwave type player off the bench we have lacked. Ekezie is going to blow up this year imo playing for Red Star helped him. Those Yugoslav teams aren't a joke. We definitely need him on our roster.

JT/Vaughn

Dion/Diaw/Hansen

SJax/Nailon

Reef/Hendu

Theo/Nazr/Ekezie

IL

Dickau

CC

Brandon

No doubt, I don't really see a need for DJ here. I hope he makes the Phoenix squad, but we shouldn't sign him if he gets cut. If Ekezie continues to play well during pre-season, we should definitely sign him. Let's chalk up CC as a loss, cut him, and get Fo' Sheezie signed. He's a beast and I think he can hold his own against the bigs in the East. Also unsure why Hansen didn't get any PT. We need to get a look at him to see if he's worth keeping around.

I did not see the game, but I am not ready to count Diaw out yet. It seems that he has never been asked to shoot in the past.

I'd like to know how the team did lwhen he was on the court. Did he add some stability? Did he set people up? He had two assists, but were there other missed dimes? Who was he on the court with?

Did he play his role on the team? If not, then I'd be concerned.

OG

We have just begun. Dickau, Henderson & SAR all out and

we got to look at some new faces.

There are several pre-season games yet to be played. As

we go along, we will see who can and who can't do the job.

Hopefully, we will see a lot of minutes for the guys that

aren't going to make the roster, just to give them an

opportunity to see if they really have "the stuff" to play

in the NBA, along with the rookies and younger kids.

Most impressive, after only one game -- Obinna Ekezie.

Big, 270lb, 6'9" who got the job done last night. Hawks

have a need for a big, powerful player who can come in

and "bang" with the big boys, grab some rebounds and

possibly score some points. Doesn't have to be starter

material. But we need someone like that to be a part of

the 12 man roster.

Last night, he looked like he could fill that position. If he

continues to show that last night's preformance wasn't

a fluke, I believe Hawks have found one piece of the

puzzle. He fits the description, physically and the cost

of his contract won't be out of sight, as some veteran

"Big Banger" who is over the hill and heading south would

be. Hope it works out.

• Premium Member

When the real games come, he want his players to be accoustomed to his offense and defense. He's building Chemistry between his starters.

Us, we are calling these games nothing.. However, our guys need the chance to work together in Stott's offense and defense. This is the time that players get to learn the system... There's no time for that during the season. This is the time when players work out the Kinks... The Season goes by too fast for that.

Over the summer was the time for players to "tune up".