• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Real GM [likely fake] Rumor: 740 the game is reporting trade is complete

GameTime

That trade doesn't work when I checked it this morning. You'd have to include Brandon Bass going to Portland to make it work. I know ESPN's trade checker has been acting up, but am I missing a part of the deal?

Orlando gets: Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich

Atlanta gets: Ryan Anderson, Marcus Camby, Andre Miller, and Chris Duhon

Portland gets: Jameer Nelson and Daniel Orton

• Moderators

If you trade one of Smith or Johnson for a lesser player, you might as well trade both. The Hawks aren't good enough to lose one of their three best players and still make the playoffs.

Agree with this and Sturt's comment about trading for a high lottery pick.

• Moderators

Nothing reported on the morning program of the Orlando radio station (740 the Game, the last time I give them publicity) that the guy answering their phones all yesterday evening vowed would break the story.

This is according to multiple sources, including RealGM (see, RealGM OP that started this mess, I can do that, too!)

They had Alex Kennedy (Hoopsworld?) on but nothing from either the hosts or the guests about any speculated trade being done.

My original theory (that the guy at the other end of the phones is the same OP guy who posted the rumor on RealGM... or a close friend) still holds. Scary. But he really should win an award for troll of the year, the hand-wringing throughout the Southeast US that he created last night was quite impressive. Whether he should be canned or not is up for debate.

We may now return to our regular making **** up.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Whether he should be canned or not is up for debate.

If it were my radio station, it would not be up for debate. I can't run a station where someone uses their position to create fictitious stories in the media - especially when it isn't the talent but is someone answering phones.

• Like 1

As infuriatingly stupid as Josh Smith can be, I would be very sad to see him go in even a good trade. I would strike down upon Sund with great vengeance and furious anger if he let Josh go for anything resembling this garbage.

LOL Agreed. And to Orlando no less. Orlando would get much stronger with Smoove and Kinrich and we get their trash. No bueno.

• Moderators

FWIW, a more reliable source (DraftExpress) with a more likely Smoove-less trade rumor between POR-ORL (and an actual pick in the mix this time).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/portland-orlando-talking-swap-of-point-guards-miller-nelson/

~lw3