• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks have offered Smith to the Wolves for the #2 to draft Kanter

Admin

The Wolves have privately committed to Arizona F Derrick Williams if they keep the No. 2 pick, according to Yahoo's Adreian Wojnarowski.

P.S. In the past, Kanter had serious problems with his knees...

Maybe that's not true? ... http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/kanters-knees-and-jimmers-workout

http://theclevelandfan.com/boards/index.php?f=2&t=20489&rb_v=viewtopic

Looks like Josh is done here. I have never seen a player's name get tossed about this much and not get traded. I guess ASG expect us fans to pay to watch JJ dribble aimlessly for the next few years.

The only way I go is if they advertise a halftime show where they pour kerosene on Harry the Hawks then set his *ss on fire.

I guess putting his jerseys on sale was the dead give away. I'd love to see that Harry the Burning Hawk show!!

• Premium Member

You wouldn't go even if Kanter turned out to be a good player? What if he matched Horford's rookie year, would you consider that a successful trade? I still want Wesley Johnson or Michael Beasley or maybe Johnny Flynn in addition to the #2 but I'm a hell of a lot more excited about this than I am in anything else rumored so far.

Truth is I'm an addict so I'll probably go. Granted I would be going with extreme skepticism of the product. Kanter is still an unknown. Simmons was big on him for while but has backed off of late. Chad Ford even brought the name Darko when talking about him on the latest bs report.

Edited by Not5Not6Not7

CNNSI reporting Josh Smith to the T-Wolves for #2 pick (Kanter) and Beasley. Beasely included to make the $$ match up.......according to AJC blog.

However, the T-Wolves are under the cap so contract don't have to match. Right ?

I sure hope that's accurate! He'd be a big upgrade from Marvin at SF!!

Wow @ the move at 0:36 . . . Horford nor Smith can do that. Kentucky wins the NCAA title had that dude played at UK.

Minnesota would be crazy not to team up him with Love. But they may want that wow factor, if they want Smith. I think Minnesota may ask for more than Smith, for us to get the #2. We may have to give them our 1st round in 2012 + Smith.

Ballzy move by Sund if he can pull it off.

And if it's Kanter and Beasley . . that's a no brainer. If the Wolves accept that, you do that in a heartbeat. Bring Beasley off the bench or start him at the 3. Slide Horford to the 4. Start Kanter at the 5.

Edited by northcyde

Beasley and the #2, that has the potential to be a very good trade for the Hawks. Beasley is something of a headcase, but getting a shot a true center is probably worth it.

If you're Atlanta, this seems like a very calculated risk if you get Beasley in return. You lose Smith in two years anyways, you upgrade a SF position, and you move Horford to his natural position. Yes Kanter is an unknown, but it seems like this is the time to make a move like this.

I'd trade Marvin for a snickers bar and try to resign Crawford.

Teague/Hinrich

JJ/ Crawford

Beasley/Wilkins

Horford/Pachulia/Powell

Kanter/Pachulia/Collins

This team has a LOT of upside!

Beasley and the #2, that has the potential to be a very good trade for the Hawks. Beasley is something of a headcase, but getting a shot a true center is probably worth it.

Beasley is extremely gifted offensively and nearly unstoppable when he is on but he won't give you much on the other end of the court. I wonder if the stuff about him being a malcontent are true.

• Premium Member

CNNSI says beasly will be included........ REBOUNDING AND OFFENSE :D !!!

CBS SPORTS.com running with it too

If you're Atlanta, this seems like a very calculated risk if you get Beasley in return. You lose Smith in two years anyways, you upgrade a SF position, and you move Horford to his natural position. Yes Kanter is an unknown, but it seems like this is the time to make a move like this.

I'd trade Marvin for a snickers bar and try to resign Crawford.

Teague/Hinrich

JJ/ Crawford

Beasley/Wilkins

Horford/Pachulia/Powell

Kanter/Pachulia/Collins

This team has a LOT of upside!

To bad Marvin's salary is so inflated-he would be perfect cominjg off the bench

In most of these videos he was only 17 years old.

Roll the dice on franchise 7 footer ! Plus we may get Beasley too !

He's actually only 6'9.75 without shoes but he's got a good wingspan and standing reach so he should be a nice fit at the 5 for us next to Horford.