• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks have offered Smith to the Wolves for the #2 to draft Kanter

Admin

Josh Smith for No. 2 pick + Michael Beasley, Luke Ridnour & Martell Webster works on the ESPN trade machine. I think I'd be very much in favor of that, assuming Kantor proves worthy of a top 5 pick:

PG: Jeff Teague / Luke Ridnour

SG: Joe Johnson / Kirk Hinrich

SF: Michael Beasley / Martell Webster

PF: Al Horford / Marvin Williams

CR: Enes Kantor / Zaza Pachulia

I believe that Sund really likes Ridnour so that might be part of the deal. I sure hope the Wolves like Josh enough to give up all of this for him.

There seem to be a lot of buzz around this draft despite it being a piss poor draft. I wasn't even going to bother watching. Now I am interested.

I read somewhere that the reason for all this trade talk is because there might not be a free agency period or it might be an abbreviated one due to a potential lockout so teams are trying to correct their roster as much as they can right now.

From the Wolves reporter for the star tribune ...

Jerry Zgoda: One more time: Unless #Timberwolves get an offer tonight that they haven't gotten thus far they'll take Williams with No. 2 and wait. about 5 minutes ago

• Like 1

It's certainly a risk moving Smoove but let remember does this current team have the pieces to even get to a championship let alone win it. The team got torched in Atlanta vs Chicago game 6 and even if they win the series no way they are beating Miami this year or near future. I'd rather take a chance and get some new pieces. Also consider no free agents want to come to Atlanta and how do you get a big since they are rare to get. Not all white guys are stiffs so lets see if this kid can play if he gets chosen and the deal goes down.

If we get the #2 pick and pick a another white guy , JFK!

We need Points, not another white guy that cant shoot !

Jon Francis Koncak

Take my advice and Pick another guy, MG!~

Better yet keep our D Smooth @ATL nd hope Howard wants to play with him one day, later!

Get out of her you bigot racist !

If I came on here and said don't draft another black guy I would be instantly banned. That crap should not be tolerated any where !

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

Get out of her you bigot !

If I came on here and said don't draft another black guy I would be instantly banned. That crap should not be tolerated !

It's handled, let's not discuss race anymore in this thread please.

And nah you wouldn't be instantly banned for that ... hell it took BlackHawkDown months and months before I banned him for his racist remarks.

• Like 1

OK...back on point with some actual substance. Not sure if this guys knows what he is talking about but:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_draft_cavaliers_irving_062311&expire=1

The Wolves have privately committed to drafting Arizona forward Derrick Williams with the second pick, but the Hawks want to sell Minnesota on Smith as an open-court finisher to play along with rookie point guard Ricky Rubio(notes).

Hawks GM Rick Sund has been hugely interested in Kanter throughout the pre-draft process, sources said, and has clearly been looking to find a deal for Smith. Under the salary cap, the Wolves could absorb the $13 million-plus owed him next season without sending back corresponding contracts.

Several teams trying to trade up into the high lottery of the draft believe Utah holds the key at No. 3, and Utah has left several teams believing that they will draft Kanter over point guard Brandon Knight unless they trade out of the spot.

I'm not sure if this guy knows his CBA stuff or not. He is saying that can take Smoove's contract without including Beasley. I'm not sure if he is right. I could swear July 1 was the "magical" date where we start using next season's salary numbers. Plus he makes no mention of the trade kicker.

Edited by coachx

I believe that Sund really likes Ridnour so that might be part of the deal. I sure hope the Wolves like Josh enough to give up all of this for him.

I read somewhere that the reason for all this trade talk is because there might not be a free agency period or it might be an abbreviated one due to a potential lockout so teams are trying to correct their roster as much as they can right now.

From the Wolves reporter for the star tribune ...

We need to be talking to Utah for the #3 pick as well. At least they are willing to deal and listen.

Why not just take Derrick Williams, and get Darko in the trade?

+1 Why not just draft the much better player? And use other pieces like Marv,Hinrich, Zaza or Beasley to get that big man

Remember when we drafted Marvin? Do you guys want to chance us watching Derrick Williams be an all star for another team?

Posted this trade this morning. Noone believed me. Might just come to fruition. Haha!

Doubt it. Now Minny is working on a 3-way with Utah and Washington, involving the #2 and #3 picks. At this point anything can happen, but the chances of something great happening for us don't seem good. Wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

+1 Why not just draft the much better player? And use other pieces like Marv,Hinrich, Zaza or Beasley to get that big man

Remember when we drafted Marvin? Do you guys want to chance us watching Derrick Williams be an all star for another team?

You always take the center over the undersized forward when they're closely rated

• Premium Member

Sund always wants Europeans. This trade would suck. He is just like Marc Gasol. We can do better

I'd trade Josh so fast for Gasol it would make Superman vs Flash look like two old men fighting over the last walker. If Kanter is AT LEAST is as good as Marc Gasol and we could get that plus Beasley for Smoove? :superman:

• Moderators

This is the sort of move that the Hawks need to become contenders - getting Kanter and Beasley might blow up on us but if we could get a legit center along with an upgrade at SF then that actually moves the ball. Very exciting.

Doubt it. Now Minny is working on a 3-way with Utah and Washington, involving the #2 and #3 picks. At this point anything can happen, but the chances of something great happening for us don't seem good. Wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

This sucks... it looks like that rumor is just going to bring more teams that can beat the offer for the #2 by the Hawks.

What a buzz kill going into the draft... ASG didn't sell yet and it doesn't look like we can grab Kanter.

:suicide: