• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks have offered Smith to the Wolves for the #2 to draft Kanter

Admin

Did u have us taking Kanter, and getting Beasley in the deal? lol

Yep I sure did, technically I said Beasley or Wesley Johnson ... I got the idea from a Bill Simmons podcast before the playoffs started.

This sucks... it looks like that rumor is just going to bring more teams that can beat the offer for the #2 by the Hawks.

What a buzz kill going into the draft... ASG didn't sell yet and it doesn't look like we can grab Kanter.

:suicide:

Don't give up hope just yet remember how late it was in the game that we got Hinrich and it seemed like we were going to be stuck with Bibby.

• Premium Member

Frankly, I don't see why Minnesota does this deal. It locks them into a hefty contract for the next 2 years without moving them anywhere close to contention.

Did u have us taking Kanter, and getting Beasley in the deal? lol

Here you go ... http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/359609-minn-wants-to-deal-2-for-veteran-help/page__view__findpost__p__513267

If anyone remembers back to the podcast from just before the playoffs started, which I believe was the BS report with Bill Simmons, someone mentioned that the Hawks should offer the Timberwolves Josh Smith for their lottery pick and filler. If we could get them to throw in Beasley or W Johnson plus the #2 pick for Josh Smith I'd have to be all over it. While neither of them are on the level of Josh Smith they're both young and could hold down the SF position for the next decade and actually give us production from there. Then we take a chance on Enes Kanter, the 6'11 275lb center from Turkey who is considered the best center in the draft. We could roll out a lineup next year like this:

Teague / Hinrich

JJ / Sy / Wilkins

Beasley or W Johnson / Marvin

Horford / MLE FA

Kanter / Zaza / Collins / Armstrong

That is a sick lineup with a ton of size and athleticism and plenty young enough to compete for years!

Frankly, I don't see why Minnesota does this deal. It locks them into a hefty contract for the next 2 years without moving them anywhere close to contention.

Josh is signed to a pretty fair deal for what he brings to the table unless the CBA changes things up big time with regard to salaries. Josh is still young enough to build around and he has a lot of playoff experience to help guide the young team and that's invaluable.

Well some of you guys kind of had this pegged a few days ago with the trade to Clev for Pick 4 to get Kanter. I know nothing of Kanter or if he will ever be good. I assume even if he would be good its going to take alot of time. This is at least better than the crap rumors of offers from teams dangling garbage bench players for Smoove.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Moderators

Ellis for the #2 would be a great for the Warriors. I can't imagine how bad a Rubio/Ellis backcourt would be defensively. Plenty more rebounds for Love with Ellis chucking, though.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this trade.

• Moderators

Hopefully they don't just look at PPG because I'd rather have Josh on my team than Monta Ellis.

You and me both.

I'd be shocked if Minnesota kept #2 with the amount of trade talks associated with that pick.

It really doesn't fit well for them unless they believe in Kanter or another center. They don't need a tweener forward with former #2 and #4 SFs on the team and don't need a PF with Love. They don't need Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker. They could have the #1 pick in this draft and be struggling to find someone who adds a lot to their team without a major restructuring.

+1 Why not just draft the much better player? And use other pieces like Marv,Hinrich, Zaza or Beasley to get that big man

Remember when we drafted Marvin? Do you guys want to chance us watching Derrick Williams be an all star for another team?

Ummm, we drafted Marvin because he supposedly was rated top instead of what we needed in D. Williams or CP3. Why would we continue down the BK path thinking we can win with a team full of tweener forwards? What makes you think Derrick won't just be another Marvin?