• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The pressure on Josh Smith.

Diesel

• Premium Member

So thankfully, there were no boneheaded trades of Smoove. However, here's a thought. Does all this pressure stemming from his ill-advised shots Make Smoove work harder at his post up game?

• Premium Member

lol, nope , he will be working on that jumpshot again to try prove people wrong. :derisive:

I say we accuse Smith of having a weak post game and see if he tries to prove the people wrong?

• Like 3

I say we accuse Smith of having a weak post game and see if he tries to prove the people wrong?

I love that idea...I think that would work.

But Thing about Josh not how well he's been doing in the post , it's how to keep

him from backing out toward the 3pt line when Joe or Jamal have the ball.

Josh is gonna go where ever he thinks he can get shot attempts.

Maybe if Drew would runs a plays early in the first quarter ,designed for Smith to post up.Maybe it could change his mindset a little.

... It's not just his post-game... he's even more dangerous from the weak-side, looking for cuts to the basket, offensive boards, put-backs... Smoove's huge quality is that he doesn't need the ball to be effective and have an impact on the game... he needs to work on his decision making, focus and pacing...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Man...have you EVER seen a more horrible SHOT BLOCKER? I mean, he tries...and he's okay at it...but he REALLY needs to work on his outside gamea and FORGET about shot blocking and defense. He could be like Dirk out there with that shot. Give him the ball and let him shoot it!

I have no idea why Smoove even attempts a jump hook, bank shot, or a drop step. He has NO back to the basket game and his size/athleticism do him no justice down there.

SMOOVE! FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO SCORE CLOSER TO THE BASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! punish.gif

• Like 3

So thankfully, there were no boneheaded trades of Smoove. However, here's a thought. Does all this pressure stemming from his ill-advised shots Make Smoove work harder at his post up game?

I really don't see it as any pressure. Its all his own doing. Just stop taking dumb perimeter shots. That may be like asking a crack head to lay the pipe down......Its so hard for normal people to understand his addiction I guess.

I think he has people in his camp giving him bad advice (his father and "shooting coach") to be exact.

Edited by coachx

Man...have you EVER seen a more horrible SHOT BLOCKER? I mean, he tries...and he's okay at it...but he REALLY needs to work on his outside gamea and FORGET about shot blocking and defense. He could be like Dirk out there with that shot. Give him the ball and let him shoot it!

I have no idea why Smoove even attempts a jump hook, bank shot, or a drop step. He has NO back to the basket game and his size/athleticism do him no justice down there.

SMOOVE! FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO SCORE CLOSER TO THE BASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! punish.gif

Argh. I meant to give a +1 and hit -1! Apologies.

The above needs to be our mantra for the rest of the summer.

In all seriousness, the praise Dirk got for going inside during the playoffs might have a really good effect on Smith. He seems to follow the trend, and Dirk has set the tone to go back inside.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ya gotta do that in green font for frosgrim! :-)

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yep, the only thing Smoove got going for him is that three point shot. Hell, that's why he was BEAT in the last Slam Dunk contest he participated in. BY a midget... A midget beat Smoove in a slam dunk contest. That never would have happened to Nique without Nique coming back and winning two more. We should have known then that all this guy is good for is perimeter shooting!!

• Like 1

The only thing Smoove needs to work on this off season is his inside game. You win in the playoffs with an inside game and for Josh to keep thinking he is Dirk is just wrong. The dude is 6 ft 9 but for some reason doesn't want to get his shot off vs bigger players in the playoffs. Who is going to do that on the Hawks? Power forwards need to have an inside game.Josh needs to sit down and watch hour after hour of game film of big men and their post moves it's that simple. I wonder how much film he does watch? I'm tired of the team year after year relying on the outside game in the playoffs and when they go in a funk can't deliver when it matters.

Edited by thescout5

The only thing Smoove needs to work on this off season is his inside game. You win in the playoffs with an inside game and for Josh to keep thinking he is Dirk is just wrong. The dude is 6 ft 9 but for some reason doesn't want to get his shot off vs bigger players in the playoffs. Who is going to do that on the Hawks? Power forwards need to have an inside game.Josh needs to sit down and watch hour after hour of game film of big men and their post moves it's that simple. I wonder how much film he does watch? I'm tired of the team year after year relying on the outside game in the playoffs and when they go in a funk can't deliver when it matters.

The point is reverse psychology here. Josh tries to prove that he can do what others say he can't. Ergo:

Josh has no post game. He sucks in there. All the dude should do is shoot jumpers. Man he's automatic from out there. However, he's a bum inside. Can't dunk, can't get a board.

• Premium Member

I still think there's a chance Smoove could be dealt before the season starts. Allowing all the trade rumors to become public the way they did doesn't exactly create the perception that they they're done trying to make a deal for him.

The point is reverse psychology here. Josh tries to prove that he can do what others say he can't. Ergo:

Josh has no post game. He sucks in there. All the dude should do is shoot jumpers. Man he's automatic from out there. However, he's a bum inside. Can't dunk, can't get a board.

I understand frosgrim however this lets shoot outside love needs to take a back seat to what Smoove should realize that an inside game would serve the Hawks much better than him trying to hit 3 pointers. What as a better chance of success outside shots or inside shots? Smoove could be dealt because of his inability to change his game. Keep the same crew we had we'll continue to lose in the playoffs with no post game.

Edited by thescout5

• Premium Member

I still think there's a chance Smoove could be dealt before the season starts. Allowing all the trade rumors to become public the way they did doesn't exactly create the perception that they they're done trying to make a deal for him.

There's a difference between what's real and what is made up.

I believe that Real was that we probably offered Smoove up for #2 and Beasley (or Johnson). At which point, Minny thought and laughed.

I contend that had we said Horf for #2 and Johnson, they would have taken it.

The other note is that D. Williams had a promise by Minny. I don't know why you have to make a consensus #2 a promise but that's what it was.

I think Smoove is up for trade but not for cheap. Teams will have to pay the piper for Smoove and right now, the Piper's demands are high.

I think a lot of the other stuff (as I said then) was just speculation. A lot of these guys want to be the smartest guy in the room and instead of getting their facts straight, they would rather receive Glory the Vecsey way.

It will be this way until reporters and correspondents (bloggers too) are penalized when they spread lies.

I say, 3 days of e-silence every time a mistruth is spoken over the internet for these reporters, pundits, and influential bloggers.

• Premium Member

There's a difference between what's real and what is made up.

I believe that Real was that we probably offered Smoove up for #2 and Beasley (or Johnson). At which point, Minny thought and laughed.

I contend that had we said Horf for #2 and Johnson, they would have taken it.

The other note is that D. Williams had a promise by Minny. I don't know why you have to make a consensus #2 a promise but that's what it was.

I think Smoove is up for trade but not for cheap. Teams will have to pay the piper for Smoove and right now, the Piper's demands are high.

I think a lot of the other stuff (as I said then) was just speculation. A lot of these guys want to be the smartest guy in the room and instead of getting their facts straight, they would rather receive Glory the Vecsey way.

It will be this way until reporters and correspondents (bloggers too) are penalized when they spread lies.

I say, 3 days of e-silence every time a mistruth is spoken over the internet for these reporters, pundits, and influential bloggers.

I can't argue with you on that as I believe that there are many rumors that are made up. However, I think the Hawks supposed willingness to trade Josh (a really good player and highlight reel) for a guy who's hasn't set foot in the NBA is telling. I agree with you that they want something worthwhile for Josh, but I do believe they're going to try again. Remember, Josh is unrestricted in just two years and although he said he hasn't asked to be traded, he didn't sound like he'd be totally against it either.