• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The pressure on Josh Smith.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I can't argue with you on that as I believe that there are many rumors that are made up. However, I think the Hawks supposed willingness to trade Josh (a really good player and highlight reel) for a guy who's hasn't set foot in the NBA is telling. I agree with you that they want something worthwhile for Josh, but I do believe they're going to try again. Remember, Josh is unrestricted in just two years and although he said he hasn't asked to be traded, he didn't sound like he'd be totally against it either.

Every year, the Hawk take feelers on Smoove.

I do believe this yr, blame it on the finances.

I think our owners want us to win and believe that the right mix can bring a championship but are not willing to give up players for water.

A few different things in response to what as been said. If the Hawks could get an inside player like Jefferson then I think they make the deal. I think we are desperate to get an inside scorer but not enough to just give Smoove away. Every one knows that power forwards have to play near the basket but for some reason Josh doesn't think so. A post game is the bread and butter of a power forward (not named Dirk) and outside shooting is gravy. Either smoove changes his game or a deal will be made and just maybe the Hawks have had enough of Smoove not listening to their demands.