• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Singleton and Jordan C for Hinrich

TheNorthCydeRises

Yeah, and we should have drafted CP3/Deron instead of Marvin and Brandon Roy instead of Shelden. Sh!t happens. Hinrich was/is an upgrade over Bibby and no one at the time could have guessed that Teague would come out against the Bulls. And this is assuming that he doesn't regress next year. What is 18 going to get us? Another player that may or may not work out (see example A - Acie Law). The fact is that the draft (especially this one) is a crap shoot. You have to work with what you know at the moment not what you look back at 4 months later. I would have loved to keep that draft pick and still make the trade, but you have to make tough decisions sometime. Where would we be if we kept Bibby and the pick while getting swept in the first round only to find out we could have traded him for Hinrich? We would all be b!tching.

Life goes on, things have been worse, and things could be worse.

No sir. Stuff does not just happen. Especially not on a continuous basis.

And I'm not talking about choosing players that just didn't work out. I'm talking about giving up the chance to choose those players altogether, or not even seeing if those players will work out or not. We've literally given away two 1st round draft picks and the 1st pick in the 2nd round in the last 2 years. That's 3 players that at the very least could've became good role players off the bench. Yet, none of those guys are in the mix here and we'll have to go to the Dollar Tree just to fill out the rest of the roster.

This is NOT an issue of Marvin being chosen over Paul. This would be like trading that 2nd pick and not having Paul OR Marvin at all.

Where would we be had we kept Bibby? We would've been forced to either go out and bring in a decent PG to run the team, or give TEAGUE a chance to run the team. It's up to the team and the coaches to make that decision. And if the coach opts to play an ineffective player in the lineup, and the team loses, then you fire the coach.

LOL @ asking what is 18 going to get us . . . but Teague was picked 19th and people think he has a chance to be the next Rondo. 18th would've gotten us an upgrade over Damien Wilkins or Josh Powell. 18th would've enabled the Hawks to play a young player under 2 million for the next 3 seasons. And if 18th played above his head, you'll get maximum value out of that player at a very cheap price.

18th could've gotten us the next Dennis Rodman ( Kenneth Faried )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZJlPdukAA

A rebounder this team DESPERATELY needs, since our big people don't like to mix it up against bigger people, and Marvin and JJ are allergic to rebounding on most nights. If Faried doesn't become the 21st century Dennis Rodman, he'll at least be the 6-8 version of Joakim Noah.

LOL @ what is at 18. Man please.

The Hawks front office keeps F'in up . . then expect JJ to bail everybody out.

Dragging our team down for several years by not having Jo Crawford and some random middle of the 1st round rookie in a historically weak draft who may or may not make anything of himself? I think that is a bit dramatic ... but I do agree with the remainder of your point in regard to Drew and Woody and developing talent.

And for me yes I absolutely think gaining that confidence that we could beat Orlando in the playoffs was 100% worth trading JC and that 1st.

Dol . . what about next year . .when we're in the exact same situation with Hinrich expiring? We'll have to replace him too. At that point, people will be wishing we'd had 2 first round picks and that top pick in the 2nd round, to possibly fill the void.

If this team doesn't make a lot of noise in the playoffs soon, that trade will be talked about around here for a long time. Because Jordan C will be one of the better young players in the league next year, and Singleton may make an All-Defensive team within 2 years.

First off...

Crawford was never going to play.

He was holding Salim Stoudamire's old seat.

Second off...

I like Singleton, but I'm liking the fact that now we have an answer at PG.

Had Bibby stayed, we would have picked a PG in this draft to replace Bibby and compete with Teague. NOT Singleton.

So instead of Singleton, you're crying about Norris Cole or Joseph...

Diesel, that's hogwash. Because as Jordan C showed in a few games in Washington, HE could've been the backup PG in a spot minute situation. We'd just have to roll with Teague as the starter.

Heck . . the issue with Bibby was his DEFENSE. So all we needed here was a guy who could defend the PG position, seeing that we've survived without a quality PG for years. Ish . . go out and get Earl Watson, if that's the case.

Teague - Watson at the point.

I'm kind of surprised at you Diesel. You believe in Kirk Hinrich that much? You think that guy is REALLY the missing piece with us getting to the ECF? The Hawks get outworked on the frontline, especially when Horford or Smith are having difficulty offensively. That's where we need help at. And at the SF position.

Hinrich has NEVER been an answer anywhere he played.

Hinrich has NEVER been an answer anywhere he played.

Jo Crawford will likely never been an answer and if he's lucky he'll be as good as Hinrich is. Crawford can't or doesn't defend at all and he's one of the worst, if not the worst, volume shooter in the league. That's fine for a bottom of the league type of team but not for a veteran team looking to win something.

I'm not sure why you're so negative all the time now but it's very odd coming from a guy who used to be so optimistic about this team.

That's BS. If Bibby is our starting PG, the Magic Beats us by an average of 14. It's a sweep in the first round. You say the Magic were pretty Bad...?'

Check out the laughter...

again.

Dudes were laughing talking about the possibility of us winning. David Aldridge chuckled when he talked about us possible upsetting Magic. It's not just these guys, there was a strong feeling that we didn't have more than a punchers chance. Orlando was a dominant team this past season. The only teams that beat them in series was US, Boston, Chicago, NO, PTL, and UT. That's 6 out of 30 teams. You might not have liked the makeup of their team, but come on man... look at the freakin depth. They could go to the bench and pull of Redick, Richardson, Anderson, etc. Who were we pulling off of our bench? After crawford, who was there?

Let me explain to you how it would have went..

Bibby plays, Jameer Nelson blows by him every play..

Our big lineup fails because Nelson is hitting shot after shot.

SWEEP.

I love how you ignore my Teague point. LD lucked out. He wouldn't have played Teague a second against the Bulls with Kirk. And Teague was one of our best players in the Bulls series.

DA LOLing at us doesn't make the Magic not a pretty bad team. Magic sucked after the trade ask any Magic fan that. Jameer Nelson and the Magic missed A LOT of open shots in our series.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

No sir. Stuff does not just happen. Especially not on a continuous basis.

And I'm not talking about choosing players that just didn't work out. I'm talking about giving up the chance to choose those players altogether, or not even seeing if those players will work out or not. We've literally given away two 1st round draft picks and the 1st pick in the 2nd round in the last 2 years. That's 3 players that at the very least could've became good role players off the bench. Yet, none of those guys are in the mix here and we'll have to go to the Dollar Tree just to fill out the rest of the roster.

This is NOT an issue of Marvin being chosen over Paul. This would be like trading that 2nd pick and not having Paul OR Marvin at all.

Where would we be had we kept Bibby? We would've been forced to either go out and bring in a decent PG to run the team, or give TEAGUE a chance to run the team. It's up to the team and the coaches to make that decision. And if the coach opts to play an ineffective player in the lineup, and the team loses, then you fire the coach.

LOL @ asking what is 18 going to get us . . . but Teague was picked 19th and people think he has a chance to be the next Rondo. 18th would've gotten us an upgrade over Damien Wilkins or Josh Powell. 18th would've enabled the Hawks to play a young player under 2 million for the next 3 seasons. And if 18th played above his head, you'll get maximum value out of that player at a very cheap price.

18th could've gotten us the next Dennis Rodman ( Kenneth Faried )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZJlPdukAA

A rebounder this team DESPERATELY needs, since our big people don't like to mix it up against bigger people, and Marvin and JJ are allergic to rebounding on most nights. If Faried doesn't become the 21st century Dennis Rodman, he'll at least be the 6-8 version of Joakim Noah.

LOL @ what is at 18. Man please.

The Hawks front office keeps F'in up . . then expect JJ to bail everybody out.

Dol . . what about next year . .when we're in the exact same situation with Hinrich expiring? We'll have to replace him too. At that point, people will be wishing we'd had 2 first round picks and that top pick in the 2nd round, to possibly fill the void.

If this team doesn't make a lot of noise in the playoffs soon, that trade will be talked about around here for a long time. Because Jordan C will be one of the better young players in the league next year, and Singleton may make an All-Defensive team within 2 years.

This coming season, the Hawks MUST identify the team that is vulnerable and looking to make a big deal. Hawks cannot let Hinrich expire unless they have plans to use that money. Maybe Hinrich's expiring and Josh Smith could net us a really nice asset. I really hope Chris Paul or Dwight Howard do not give their teams the warm and fuzzies in the next few months.

• Premium Member

I love how you ignore my Teague point. LD lucked out. He wouldn't have played Teague a second against the Bulls with Kirk. And Teague was one of our best players in the Bulls series.

DA LOLing at us doesn't make the Magic not a pretty bad team. Magic sucked after the trade ask any Magic fan that. Jameer Nelson and the Magic missed A LOT of open shots in our series.

Yeah, he did luck out. So did JC2. JC2 was going to be #10 off the bench. He was playing behind Nick Young.

Nick got injured. Coach was forced to play JC2.

Now about being forced to play somebody that would have never played... Sometimes it works out.

Had Hinrich not gotten hurt, we still take a game from Chicago.