• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Larry Drew just stop the blowing Smoke up JC2 *ss campaign?

Diesel

ATL . . they know what you mean. And don't believe for one minute that everything Jordan did last year didn't matter. What's sad, is that if you do a youtube serarch on "he who's name shall not be mentioned", all kinds of vids come up. Why? Because he's a scrub? Scrubs have videos of themselves all over the place like he does?

ATL . . read the opening post again, and read what Al Horford and Joe Johnson said. Look how they talked about JC2s OVERALL game. Nevermind, I'll post the two quotes again.

“When you’re talented and can score the way that he can, you know obviously you can live with some of the mistakes that he might make, but I think he’ll learn that as he keeps playing every game. I know he can pass the ball. When we practice and play together you could tell that not only can he score, but he can pass it as well.” -Al Horford

“He’s not only a scorer, but he’s a play-maker as well. He’s one of those players who you can really put him anywhere out there — either at the one or the two. You put him at the one, want him to run the team, he can do that and make plays.” -Joe Johnson

But not Drew.

I peeeped from the jump how Larry would try to talk down the positive attributes of JC2's game. He may praise him for one thing, but criticize 3 other things. He even went as far as to say that he couldn't play the 1 and was strictly a 2, despite his ball handling and passing skills. You want to see an interesting stat? This is from 82games.com . . Player 48-Minute Production by Position

Jordan C as a 2 guard

39.7% eFG ( which is horrible )

21.2 pts ( on 22.5 FGA )

4.1 rebs

4.7 asst

3.1 turnovers

PER - 10

As a 2, JC2 didn't play well at all. I would guess that he would settle for way too many long jumpers, which led to his horrible shooting. But look at his numbers when he played the PG in D.C.

49% eFG

32.6 pts ( on 27.3 FGA )

4.8 rebs

9.6 asst

6.5 turnovers

PER - 20.6 ( even with all of those turnovers )

If anything, those numbers at PG show that he tried to do it all. Score - Distribute - even Rebound a little. Most important though, it shows that Jordan's game is so versatile, that he may actually be closer to a POINT GUARD than a SHOOTING GUARD. Remember, coming out of high school and while at Indiana, Jordan was a POINT GUARD. And if he is . . you have to seriously . . SERIOUSLY . . question Larry Drew's ability to evaluate talent. And it's already being questioned, with the way Teague was buried on the bench, even after he showed that he could be an asset playing alongside JJ and some of the other starters . . instead of playing alongside Jamal and the rest of the bench.

Perfect pick and roll

Pinpoint pass

ATL . . people know this dude can ball. The only question is going to be his shot selection. And the real issue is his 3 point shooting. Either he has to improve dramatically, or eliminate the shot from his arsenal altogether.

I thought this was interesting . . especially the parts when he mentions Atlanta, and especially when he talks about what Van Exel told him. Folks deep down know we messed up by trading this kid. Let's just hope JC2 is an average player, and not a borderline star in 3 years.

• Like 1

He had very few good games when he had minutes. Obviously the game against portland comes to mind. However, Midseason game against New Jersey, harris had no trouble when Teague was on him. The Blowout loss to New Orleans he had a lot of trouble ( although to be fair so did everyone else). Another game against Philly he was bad against Holiday and Williams. My point is during the regular season it wasnt like drew wasnt playing him for no good reason, Teague showed very little to deserve more playing time.

This is not a teague bashing post. He obviously has a lot of potential, I am just pointing out that Drew need not be villanized because teague wasnt starting since day 1. I hope as much as everyone else on the forums that Teague becomes and all star. Just dont act like he was playing the way he was during the bulls series all season long.

How would you feel if your coach didn't have any confidence in you. Drew didn't play him any significant minutes, so how is he supposed to show what he has. And for all the people that's hating on "he who's name shall not be mentioned", well you're wrong. So what if he shot 39% or whatever. He was only a rookie. Give him a break. I'm just happy he's getting minutes on the Wizards because Drew wasn't going to play him anyway. Brandon Jennings doesn't even shoot good from the field, and people think he's good, but he's a little overrated to me. Still, JC2 will be a good NBA player. Just watch and see.

Myabe because outside of the Bulls series almost every time teague was on the floor he showed nothing and was at times detrimental to the team. Or maybe because Hinrich has superior defense and Basketball IQ. Or maybe Drew thought teague needed a mentor to show him how to play to his potential, so he brought in Hinrich who is a very smart player. Any which way you look at it you are kidding yourself if you think that the teague who played minutes in the middle of the season could have propelled us past orlando. Hinrich helped him progress into what might be a very good point guard.

That's my point with JC2. If JJ was there to mentor him. no doubt he would have been our JC1.

ATL . . they know what you mean. And don't believe for one minute that everything Jordan did last year didn't matter. What's sad, is that if you do a youtube serarch on "he who's name shall not be mentioned", all kinds of vids come up. Why? Because he's a scrub? Scrubs have videos of themselves all over the place like he does?

ATL . . read the opening post again, and read what Al Horford and Joe Johnson said. Look how they talked about JC2s OVERALL game. Nevermind, I'll post the two quotes again.

“When you’re talented and can score the way that he can, you know obviously you can live with some of the mistakes that he might make, but I think he’ll learn that as he keeps playing every game. I know he can pass the ball. When we practice and play together you could tell that not only can he score, but he can pass it as well.” -Al Horford

“He’s not only a scorer, but he’s a play-maker as well. He’s one of those players who you can really put him anywhere out there — either at the one or the two. You put him at the one, want him to run the team, he can do that and make plays.” -Joe Johnson

But not Drew.

I peeeped from the jump how Larry would try to talk down the positive attributes of JC2's game. He may praise him for one thing, but criticize 3 other things. He even went as far as to say that he couldn't play the 1 and was strictly a 2, despite his ball handling and passing skills. You want to see an interesting stat? This is from 82games.com . . Player 48-Minute Production by Position

Jordan C as a 2 guard

39.7% eFG ( which is horrible )

21.2 pts ( on 22.5 FGA )

4.1 rebs

4.7 asst

3.1 turnovers

PER - 10

As a 2, JC2 didn't play well at all. I would guess that he would settle for way too many long jumpers, which led to his horrible shooting. But look at his numbers when he played the PG in D.C.

49% eFG

32.6 pts ( on 27.3 FGA )

4.8 rebs

9.6 asst

6.5 turnovers

PER - 20.6 ( even with all of those turnovers )

If anything, those numbers at PG show that he tried to do it all. Score - Distribute - even Rebound a little. Most important though, it shows that Jordan's game is so versatile, that he may actually be closer to a POINT GUARD than a SHOOTING GUARD. Remember, coming out of high school and while at Indiana, Jordan was a POINT GUARD. And if he is . . you have to seriously . . SERIOUSLY . . question Larry Drew's ability to evaluate talent. And it's already being questioned, with the way Teague was buried on the bench, even after he showed that he could be an asset playing alongside JJ and some of the other starters . . instead of playing alongside Jamal and the rest of the bench.

Perfect pick and roll

Pinpoint pass

ATL . . people know this dude can ball. The only question is going to be his shot selection. And the real issue is his 3 point shooting. Either he has to improve dramatically, or eliminate the shot from his arsenal altogether.

I thought this was interesting . . especially the parts when he mentions Atlanta, and especially when he talks about what Van Exel told him. Folks deep down know we messed up by trading this kid. Let's just hope JC2 is an average player, and not a borderline star in 3 years.

North, Namesake Jr. played such few minutes at PG that whatever inferences you are making from his per48s are rather dubious. He recorded only 4% of Washington's total minutes at that position and by comparison Josh played the same percentage of the Hawks minutes at Center and recorded 27points 13 rebounds and 3 blocks with a PER of 26 and eFG% of .54. The lesson here is that sample size can skew stats.

• Like 4

• Moderators

North, Namesake Jr. played such few minutes at PG that whatever inferences you are making from his per48s are rather dubious. He recorded only 4% of Washington's total minutes at that position and by comparison Josh played the same percentage of the Hawks minutes at Center and recorded 27points 13 rebounds and 3 blocks with a PER of 26 and eFG% of .54. The lesson here is that sample size can skew stats.

This. Unless jc2 steps up bigtime, he would need 30+ fga to average 30 ppg. How many minutes is he going to get at pg with John Wall in WAS?

• Premium Member

Boring discussion. Water under the bridge and almost to the Atlantic by now.

JC2 has the chance at being a pretty good player in time... we, however, are in win-now mode, and I'm glad to be here.

Dang... there needs to be some kind of arbitration from now on with these labor disputes... if we're arguing over JC2 for the next several months, my wife might need to hide the razors to keep me from cutting myself.

• Like 4

Boring discussion. Water under the bridge and almost to the Atlantic by now.

JC2 has the chance at being a pretty good player in time... we, however, are in win-now mode, and I'm glad to be here.

Dang... there needs to be some kind of arbitration from now on with these labor disputes... if we're arguing over JC2 for the next several months, my wife might need to hide the razors to keep me from cutting myself.

We are in win now mode. What we have to realize is that sometimes, it is better now and in the future to play the young players. I mean, it was downright criminal to not play Teague at all during the regular season while giving Jamal Crawford most of the minutes as the back up point guard. Especially when we had Mike Bibby, who couldn't penetrate into the lane and couldn't defend a chair. Would we have really been worse off if we had given "he who's name shall not be mentioned" the minutes that Maurice Evans was getting? "he who's name shall not be mentioned" played 160 minutes for the Hawks, so his numbers are a little skewed. He shot poorly from the floor, but he still managed to average 15.1 P/36, 6.3 R/36, and 3.4 A/36. Maurice Evans shot only 39% from the floor and was bested in every P/36 category by "he who's name shall not be mentioned". Plus, Maurice Evans was a lousy perimeter defender.

• Like 2

• Moderators

We are in win now mode. What we have to realize is that sometimes, it is better now and in the future to play the young players. I mean, it was downright criminal to not play Teague at all during the regular season while giving Jamal Crawford most of the minutes as the back up point guard. Especially when we had Mike Bibby, who couldn't penetrate into the lane and couldn't defend a chair. Would we have really been worse off if we had given "he who's name shall not be mentioned" the minutes that Maurice Evans was getting? "he who's name shall not be mentioned" played 160 minutes for the Hawks, so his numbers are a little skewed. He shot poorly from the floor, but he still managed to average 15.1 P/36, 6.3 R/36, and 3.4 A/36. Maurice Evans shot only 39% from the floor and was bested in every P/36 category by "he who's name shall not be mentioned". Plus, Maurice Evans was a lousy perimeter defender.

Teams in "win now" mode need to add and develop young talent or they will soon be in the rebuilding stage. Look to the Spurs for how they keep adding young talent even though their top picks are usually around #25+ overall. Where would they be without the young talent they have developed over the years in guys like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Dejuan Blair, George Hill, etc. That is how they remain in "win now" mode - by adding cheap and productive talent through the draft, trades, and free agency and then giving those players real roles to develop.

• Like 2