• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do the Hawks get screwed in next years draft?

capstone21

• Admin

If the lockout causes the season to be cancelled,,,how do they determine draft order next season?

I don't think it is fair to say that the order should be the same as last year. I just hope the hawks do not get screwed, Next year is supposed to be a strong draft year...especially with all the guys who decided to stay in college since they thought the lockout would happen

If the lockout causes the season to be cancelled,,,how do they determine draft order next season?

I don't think it is fair to say that the order should be the same as last year. I just hope the hawks do not get screwed, Next year is supposed to be a strong draft year...especially with all the guys who decided to stay in college since they thought the lockout would happen

If the order is the same, how do the Hawks get screwed?

The NHL used a weighted lottery that factored in team's playoff appearances over a timespan of years and whatnot when they locked out for a whole season so it's possible the NBA adopts the same.

As for North, your newfound snarkiness aside, it would be extremely doubtful and not to mention illegal for the Hawks to pass on what has been touted to be the deepest and most talented draft class in years. A draft class that only got stronger and deeper with plenty of last year's top underclassmen choosing to stay another year in school. I mean I doubt the Wizards were so deadset on Jr. and the 2011 pick, they would have thrown a parade had they been offered the 2012 pick.

jeff's brother, Marques Teague, should be in 2012 draft after his one year at UK. how cool would that be to pair the two of them up on the same team?

Draftexpress has him ranked as the 20th pick next year (yea, the draft is projected to be that deep) and according to a guy on RealGM who said he has a friend who works in legal for an NBA front office, if there is no season and a new CBA is inked by the draft then the order will most likely go by team's average record the past 3 seasons which would place the Hawks right at........you guessed it.........20. :-)

• Like 2

Draftexpress has him ranked as the 20th pick next year (yea, the draft is projected to be that deep) and according to a guy on RealGM who said he has a friend who works in legal for an NBA front office, if there is no season and a new CBA is inked by the draft then the order will most likely go by team's average record the past 3 seasons which would place the Hawks right at........you guessed it.........20. :-)

Seems like that would be ok for the Hawks, not so great for the Cavs.

Seems like that would be ok for the Hawks, not so great for the Cavs.

Well it's the fairest deal I can think of and the Cavs did just get 2 top 5 picks. It's either that or allow a team like the Lakers a chance to win the lottery. Imagine the conspiracy theories then and the b*tching and moaning by owners that a big market franchise got yet another break.

Well it's the fairest deal I can think of and the Cavs did just get 2 top 5 picks. It's either that or allow a team like the Lakers a chance to win the lottery. Imagine the conspiracy theories then and the b*tching and moaning by owners that a big market franchise got yet another break.

You're right. Probably the fairest way to go. It would be the Wiz, t-Wolves, Kings, Warriors who seem to lose every year getting the best picks. Its interesting that NBA teams other than the Cavs dont usually move up or down that much from one year to the next.

• 2 weeks later...