• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crickets

capstone21

This is going to sound completely sad, but I feel totally out of sync. I'm supposed to be getting excited about training camp, the free scrimmage day, trash talking with my Knicks and Lakers fans co-workers. I've tried turning on 680 and 790 and then I'm like...what's the point? Totally sad.

It would be nice. They may be throwing away the baby with the bath water. Seems that

both sides are likened unto our two major politicial parties. Too stubborn to think that

anything the other side comes up with can possibly be right.

For some of us who are basketball fans, watching the WNBA this summer has been very

exciting. We have many fans who are NBA die hard fans who hate the WNBA. Right now,

they have nothing.

GO DREAM!!

man_in_love.gif

This is going to be like the hockey lockout. The players are going to really wish they'd taken one of these earlier offers when it is said and done. I hope there will be a season, but I doubt one will happen. My prediction is the next NBA game will be in late September or early October 2012.

• Premium Member

The other day I was thinking, this S--- ain't right. The other night I watched a WNBA game, saw a break away, got excited because there was a defender trailing the play and making up ground. Girl goes up for the layup... Defender pulls up.. no block. I thought, J Smoove would have sent that to the stands... THIS S--- ain't right. I'm watching more football than I have in 10 yrs. I'm starting to be fans of Josh Freeman, Cam Newton, and Jason "freakin" Campbell. I watched the Rams over Dancing with the stars and Wrasslin.

I have a bad feeling that there will be no season. If that happens, Stern and others need to be hung by their toes.

• Moderators

The players don't want to eat the owners' losses -- reported to be in excess of $1.5 billion over the last CBA's full term -- without knowing what the league will be doing to heal itself.

This is a line from the CBS article posted today on the Jermaine O'Neal thread. If the owners lost even a fraction of the $1.5 billion they claim to have lost over the last CBA, you can expect them to not be the ones who blink in this standoff.

The NFL's players get 48% of income. The NBA's players get 57% of income. Of all the terms in the CBA, you can take that one to the bank that the revenue split between owners and players and the revenue sharing among owners will change.

• Premium Member

I don't disagree with the fact that change will come...

But..

Basketball and football are different.

Football will have fans regardless. Football has developed it's league around teams.

Basketball is built around players. As long as Stern continues to market the players and not the teams, the players should get the higher cut.

Think about how Lebron changed Cleveland..

You think Cleveland's owner is due more than Lebron?

• Moderators

I don't disagree with the fact that change will come...

But..

Basketball and football are different.

Football will have fans regardless. Football has developed it's league around teams.

Basketball is built around players. As long as Stern continues to market the players and not the teams, the players should get the higher cut.

Think about how Lebron changed Cleveland..

You think Cleveland's owner is due more than Lebron?

That doesn't make any sense to me. How the game is marketed is not as relevant as how much revenue is being generated. If a team marketing approach generates more money (ala the NFL) and the businesses are healthier then there should be a higher percentage of revenues available for the players than in an environment where costs are equal but star marketing generates less in total revenues.

Lebron James sells more tickets than Joe Johnson who sells more tickets than Rashard Lewis. Lebron James gets paid less than Joe Johnson who gets paid less than Rashard Lewis. Why should any of that matter as far as the players' total share of revenues as much as the question of how much it costs to market, develop and run the business and how much revenue is generated?

Edited by AHF