• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Best NBA Memories

DJlaysitup

Well since there is no season, there is really no reason to even bother with "homecourt rules" now...what are your best NBA memories?

Some of mine were big shots by "Downtown Freddie Brown"..."Silk Wilkes" from the corner...Magic to Worthy on the break...and, of course, Bird to DJ in the conference finals...my all-time favorite play (being DJlaysitup biggrin.png )....yours?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43DrapEn5QA

Note: DJ had to be really alert and made a layup on that play - I doubt 80% of todays players could have made that shot in that situation- even though it was technically a layup.

DJlaysitup friends1.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

As a young Sixers fan, watching them finally get over their infamous playoff collapses in 1982 with a Game 7 victory at the Boston Gahden. The "ghosts of Celtics past," haunting Philly in the stands at the start of the game, wound up joining in solidarity, in a classy conclusion for Boston's season, chanting "BEAT L.A.!" (didn't work, at least not for another year, but still a great memory for me).

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

As much as I've talked about dude over the years ( even before he came to Atlanta ), this was pretty dramatic. I was at that game, and the entire final 2 minutes was as dramatic of a Hawks game as I've ever seen.

But as dramatic as that was, I'll never forget this game. This was the game that truly legitimized the Hawks as an up and coming team. And the performance by the captain is the 2nd best playoff performance in ATL history, maybe even the best, since we won the game.

Edited by northcyde