• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's have fun with it: Talk of a Mystery Buyer.

Diesel

• Moderators

Uh, this "article" dates back to the time before Mureulo was introduced, and was purely speculation as to who the mystery buyer (who turned out to be Meruelo) might be.

Thank you! I was wondering why i couldn't find it.

I agree. ASG claimed the Thrashers weren't for sale when they were actively shopping them from day 1. The publicly have said they are running out of money need investors. It seems highly unlikely that the need for investors, or more likely a sale of the hawks, has suddenly vanished. Help us Earvin Magic Johnson, you're our only hope.

• Premium Member

Any local pizza moguls with some likely free time on their hands next year? grin.gif

~lw3

Reporter: Mr. Cain, what do you think about the Coach Drew's strategy against the Magic last year?

Cain: Magic

Long pause...... Moves drink.....

Cain: Coach Drew's beat the Magic......

Long pause... Hard Breath...

Cain: I do not agree with Coach Drews strategy.... I got all this stuff twirling around in my head....

• Like 1

Why Magic?? Explain please because that excites me

I'm not finding that on AJC. We need a new owner. Not sure how soon that could be completed.

If there is a new buyer my money is on Magic Johnson.

For years I have thought it would be great if Magic Johnson would become an owner of the Hawks. He does have connections with Atlanta, and if the article about him dropping his Laker ownership interest is correct, we would be taylor made for him.

Come on Magic...save us....please???

Any local pizza moguls with some likely free time on their hands next year? grin.gif

~lw3

I'm sure Cain would be no worse than the ASG...

My first thought was that the cheerleaders would be hot . . . but then I thought about the woman he allegedly had an affair with and the women he harassed! crazy.gif

• Moderators

Michael Cunningham: “As the incoming owner, you’ve articulated your commitment to winning at all costs. But what is your perspective in dealing with the luxury tax?”

Herman Cain: “I know one thing, I wouldn’t raise it, not by one thin dime. In fact, it’s my intention to get rid of it on day one. Plus, I’ve got three departments I intend to eliminate. Customer Service, Ticket Sales, Pyrotechnics. Then we just trickle some of the savings down to the ticketpayers!”

MC: “Ummm… so, do you believe we have the frontcourt right now to compete with title contenders?”

HC: (leans forward) “I’m ready for these ‘gotcha’ questions, Ham. And when you ask me if some guy named Pachuli-ooli-oli-ya-ya-ya can hold up against the likes of Dwight Howard, I’m going to say, ‘I don’t know! Do you know?’”

MC: “I do know you’ll need more than Zaza, but overall, what is your strategy for complementing this core with quality players, assuming, of course, that you can’t ‘eliminate’ the luxury tax?”

HC: (rolls eyes) “O ye of little faith!”

MC: “Mr. Cain, the luxury tax cannot be…”

HC: (covers heart, looking skyward) “Then sings my sooooooul…”

MC: “Alrighty, then.”

HC: “Besides, Ham, you’re looking at this whole thing wrong. It’s quite simple, really. Just call it my 9-9-9 plan. I only offer contracts to players with career averages of 9 points, 9 rebounds, and 9 assists.”

MC: “You’re right, that sounds awfully simple. Let me ask, will you consider applying amnesty to…”

HC: (points at MC) “See there? Another ‘gotcha’ question. Look Ham, I’m against the whole concept of amnesty. End of story!”

MC: “Okay… so you won’t consider offering amnesty to players like Joe or Marvin during the life of the CBA?”

HC: “NnnnnnBA, Hammy. Hello! I bought a MAJOR pro franchise! And no, they need to prove that they belong here in the first place!”

MC: “Er… tell me, are you still thinking about MLE?”

HC: (slaps desk) “She’s none of your goddam business, Ham! Great Ceasar’s ghost, I paid that woman off eons ago. I should've known, she never could keep her trap shut for more than five minutes, I swear! (sighs) Who leaked Emily to you?”

MC: “No, no, M-L-E, the minimum level exception.”

HC: “Oh, my bad, you’ll have to forgive me, I’ve only had four hour sleep last night… with my wife, of course! Strike those comments, please. It’s a confidentiality agreement thing, you wouldn’t understand.”

MC: “Fair Enough. How about veterans’ minimums?”

HC: “They’ve served this great nation of ours admirably over the years. They deserve much more than the minimum we provide, don’t you agree?”

MC: “Well… so, can we look forward to seeing Godfather’s among the culinary options in the arena this year?”

HC: “You bet your bottom dollar you can. What you won’t see are no more of those sissy veggie pizzas, though!”

MC: “I heard Congress recently declared tomato paste a vegetable.”

HC: “Really? Well, Hawks fans will certainly appreciate my dry, manly sausage pie, then!”

MC: (gulps) "Is, uh, Rick Sund's job safe?"

HC: (whispers) "Are you kidding? Pardon my French, but he's frigging perfect! Rick agrees with everything I suggest, and I mean everything. It's like I hired myself. I mean, where did they find this guy?"

MC: “Do you plan on re-hiring the people laid off during the lockout?”

HC: “They can all re-apply for their positions. In fact, I’ve recently set up a special website for the A-Town Dancer applications! They can go to youwantajobright.com.”

MC: “Back to on-the-court matters. Do you have any incentives in mind to entice bigs like Josh and Al to play more in the paint… and away from the three-point line?”

HC: “Well, I can’t reveal that, but I’ve ordered Coach Drew to add a plan to his practice drills. Let’s just say it involves a fence and Georgia Power, and leave it there.”

MC: “This year, will we see a switching, zone, or more man defense?”

HC: “?”

MC: “Can we expect to see more tweaks to the motion offense? Maybe some more dribble-drive for Teague?”

HC: “??”

MC: “Will we see more pick-and-roll? Or perhaps a triangle? Fans won’t see much more isolation, will they?”

HC: “???”

MC: “Ginger or Maryann?”

HC: “Oh, Ginger! Of course! Yeah, Ginger. C’mon, you know me, Ham!”

~lw3

• Like 2