• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

we got the old smoove back

JohnnyCASH

• Premium Member

Wurider, not really taking a side here, but just from a pure matter of rationality, one would have to assume they know precisely what the deal on the table was before they can reach the conclusion you did... I don't think we know precisely what the deal on the table was, though... only that two of the pieces were those.

i guess I'm the only once concerned that a smaller Josh Smith possibly means less rebounding on the frontline?

Who is going to play PF if Horford is sitll the center?

If Smith plays SF, does that mean that Zaza is the starter and Marvin the 6th man?

Does Marvin convert to being our PF?

And if he's our SF now, that means a guy who couldn't buy a jumper during the playoffs, will be out on the perimeter even more now.

Unless I'm missing something here, this is not good. I want 2010 Smith, in which he didn't even think about taking a 3 pointer, and hit the boards and drove the basketball to the hole. 2006 Smith was a fast break demon, but a low percentage chucker in the half court, with no post game.

• Premium Member

My theory, fwiw, is that Smoove is attempting to make himself as attractive a trade piece as he can... between the early arrival and the weight loss, that's plausibly a positive sign to some GMs that otherwise might be less enthusiastic. I'm also suspicious that the Kanter rumors were as serious as speculated back in June... it would make a lot of sense to unload Smoove for an under-the-cap team's rookie salary anyhow, since it conceivably could allow Sund to plausible bid to bring Crawford back.

Some good reasoning here. If Smoove really wants out, then he must make himself as desirable as possible,