• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kirk Hinrich had shoulder surgery two weeks ago

GameTime

• Premium Member

Let hope Pape Sy can handle some of the backup PG duty or hope there is a cheap option out there. help%20wanted.gif

The cheapest option would be that McCamey kid we brought in from Illinois for that pre-lockout training camp. I think he's overseas right now. But I'm pretty sure the Hawks will bring in a cheap veteran as a backup to start the season.

Why did he wait so long to get it done?

B/c it was a cyst that was just discovered after feeling pain when working.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2011/12/01/atlanta-hawks-hinrich-reportedly-has-shoulder-surgery-out-to-start-season/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Back to our options for a backup PG.

http://shamsports.com/content/pages/data/freeagents/2011byposition.jsp#pg

Mike Bibby is a FA.........I know we have probably burned that bridge but we cant be picky with minimum contract options.

Other FA PG options who may play for the minimum:

Acie Law

Ear Boykins

Earl Watson

Carols Arroyo

Royal Ivey

Sebastian Telfair

Anthony Carter

TJ Ford

Edited by coachx

Did anyone else see this and have a mini-panic attack, only to be hit with the realization that the season begins late December? Damn lockout, messing with my mind and whatnot..

MC says he could be out until late Jan to late Feb.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2011/12/01/atlanta-hawks-hinrich-reportedly-has-shoulder-surgery-out-to-start-season/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Hawks general manager Rick Sund said guard Kirk Hinrich had surgery to remove a cyst and repair the labrum in his left shoulder and is expected to miss at least the first month of the regular season.

Hinrich experienced discomfort in his shoulder as a result of offseason workouts and had the procedure in early November.

“The injury typically requires three to four months of recovery,” Sund said

Based on that timeline, Hinrich could be out through the end of February. The 66-game NBA regular season schedule is to begin Dec. 25 if there are no snags in the ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement.

I cant imagine a guard not being able to shoot a basketball for 3 months and then be expected to jump in and play NBA games.

Edited by coachx

Anybody seen Al's old pal TJ Ford lately?

~lw3

He was playin' overseas. He played couple games in the Euroleague (in the same league where Zaza played) for the Croatian team and he is now in the States. BTW, Ford's debut was outstanding, he dished out 10 assists in 13 minutes.

From the cheapest FA PG I see two options.First, if we want playmaker - we should sign Watson. Second, if we want to have a scoring PG we should sign Boykins.

B/c it was a cyst that was just discovered after feeling pain when working. http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2011/12/01/atlanta-hawks-hinrich-reportedly-has-shoulder-surgery-out-to-start-season/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks Back to our options for a backup PG. http://shamsports.com/content/pages/data/freeagents/2011byposition.jsp#pg Mike Bibby is a FA.........I know we have probably burned that bridge but we cant be picky with minimum contract options. Other FA PG options who may play for the minimum: Acie Law Ear Boykins Earl Watson Carols Arroyo Royal Ivey Sebastian Telfair Anthony Carter TJ Ford

How about AI? Would he take the minimum?

I could see Sund bringing in a number of guys from Earl Watson to Mike Bibby.

I really wish the ASG would do something risky, and bring in Iverson, simply to see if he still has it. It's not like he was a horrible player when he played in Philly back in 2009 - 10. This was 23 months ago

This is last year in Turkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTXMrtVb0V4

This dude is a veteran player that knows how to play the game. The ONLY issue with AI, is if he can accept being a backup.

And I tell you another thing, if Teague's performance in the Chicago series DOES turn out to be a fluke, it wouldn't hurt if the Hawks had a vet PG like Iverson that could step in and be the starter. Iverson basically failed on two teams that weren't playoff level ( Detroit and Memphis - although he played very well in Memphis ). HE didn't fail in Denver, seeing that they made the Western Conference Finals one year.

I would make an agreement with AI. Come in and play for somewhere around league minimum to 2 million for one year. If you're instrumental in getting the Hawks to the EC Finals and beyond, we'll sign you to another 1 year contract for at LEAST MLE.money.

One more thing. This team is void of an emotional and vocal leader. Smith is the closest thing we have to that. JJ leads by example. Horford tends to do the same. Smith is the rah rah guy, but his decision making makes his leadership abilities questionable.

I mean dang . . you bring Iverson in, and the 2 worst things that could happen is that his skills have fallen off . . or he disrupts team chemistry and we can't get past the 2nd round.

LOL . . so in other words, the season will go as expected, even without Iverson.

Take a chance ASG. Sign that dude, make you some extra money at the box office, and see if he can help this team. Don't mess around and let a team like Miami woo him into going to South Beach. You get him first and keep him in ATL.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

Kirk being injured might be a blessing in disguise...forces LD to start Teague because even after his showiing in the playoffs LD was still talking crap about him earning the starting spot. This kid's time is now or never, LD has to let him play through his mistakes...either he is this teams PG of the now and the future or not.

I've always said the Hawks play at too slow of a pace for a team that doesn't have a true low post player. I'm not saying be "run n gun" but just playing a faster pace will help this so called "athletic team".

• Moderators

Why did he wait so long to get it done?

It is unclear whether he waited long or took immediate action or something in between:

Hinrich experienced discomfort in his shoulder as a result of offseason workouts

Offseason workouts could mean something in July or August or November. We just don't know enough.

• Moderators

680 just reported he is out until mid-January. Dump his sorry @$$. Why did he wait so long!

The only thing I have seen is that surgery was required because of an offseason injury. I haven't seen anything indicating that he waited on this (or that he didn't wait on this) - just a blank as far as when the injury occurred and when he gave up on remedies short of surgery.