• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Not Even Mentioned In Paul Deal Talks Article?

Guest Walter

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqLPGbnrbFLTTGAq5Bo1stO8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_hornets_offers_nba_120611

I'm surprised that we aren't even mentioned as a competing offer. Assuming we offer JS, Teague, MW and a 1st for Paul while accepting Okafor and his contract we would seem at least a comparable offer. Is this just reporter BS or do you think are we not even making a serious offer.

W

My guess with this ownership group is NO we aren't even making a serious offer. They probably have offered nothing of significance to New Orleans. Thus we are not being taken seriously. This is just my guess, however I doubt anything happens with us. Let's get excited about McGrady and the resigning of Collins and Wilkins. Yippee.

P

Dude,

Nobody like us, period. We are like the Bad News Bears but in Basketball. They don't take us seriously. and we have been to the second round for three consecutive years. I was comparing all supposed deals and the Hawks were the few that actually make sense but they are on LAC and GSW jock scraps. Oh well, that is the NBA for you.

Edited by NekiEcko

If you believe the reports, the Hornets want a young guard who is a borderline All-Star, to replace Paul. That's why the Warriors ( with Stephen Curry ) and the Clippers ( with Eric Gordon ) are being prominently mentioned. For ATL to be in the running, we'd have to sell the Hornets on a Josh Smith + Jeff Teague type package, with Teague's "upside" being a big reason to do this deal.

Problem is, we only have about a 5 - 8 game sample in which Teague's "upside" can be seen. Heck, most of us are still hoping that Teague's Chicago performance wasn't a fluke.

So if the Hornets can get a Steph Curry / Eric Gordon caliber of player, it's no way the Hawks can compete with that. Especially seeing that both the Clips and the Warriors are well under the salary cap at this moment.

The Clippers are DAMN FOOLS if they wouldn't give up Eric Gordon + Deandre Jordan for Chris Paul . . . just like we'd be damn fools if we wouldn't give up Josh Smith + Jeff Teague for Paul.

That Clipper franchise ( since they've been in LA ) has NEVER had a superstar playing for them. The closest one ( ironically ) was when we sent them Dominique for Danny Manning. Now, they can potentially have 2 superstars playing for them, if Blake Griffin keeps developing. If Paul turns the Clippers into a playoff squad, that instantly turns the Clippers into one of the hottest tickets in basketball, and elevates a Lakers vs Clippers game into a must see type of game.