• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Crawford's 99% gone

sturt

• Moderators

SnT this please!

Are the owners willing to pay the luxury tax? Any SnT would involve the Hawks paying the tax. (A SnT to a team under the cap enough to absorb his salary wouldn't but since he is an UFA they would just sign him outright in that scenario).

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

Are the owners willing to pay the luxury tax? Any SnT would involve the Hawks paying the tax. (A SnT to a team under the cap enough to absorb his salary wouldn't but since he is an UFA they would just sign him outright in that scenario).

Not often I get to correct you, AHF, but remember that while they could do that, Crawford is going to prefer the SnT since we can sign him for more $ and more years... or am I missing something?

But is the lux tax really as prohibitive as it used to be? MC touched on this before, the owners got tons of money back in BRI% and now a smaller portion of the tax payed by other teams goes to under the tax teams so is there truly as much as an incentive for the ASG not to go into lux tax territory? I'm not talking spending deep into it but as currently constructed it's going to be nearly impossible for the ASG to avoid going past the lux tax if they have any hope of filling this roster with NBA quality players.

• Moderators

Not often I get to correct you, AHF, but remember that while they could do that, Crawford is going to prefer the SnT since we can sign him for more $ and more years... or am I missing something?

Maybe a team flips us a second round pick for him in a SnT but if I were a team like Indiana I wouldn't want to give him the extra dollars and year.

• Premium Member

Maybe a team flips us a second round pick for him in a SnT but if I were a team like Indiana I wouldn't want to give him the extra dollars and year.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't... given the competition for his services, it could be the leg-up on Chicago or New Orleans that gets it done.

• Moderators

Maybe you do, maybe you don't... given the competition for his services, it could be the leg-up on Chicago or New Orleans that gets it done.

You could just offer more money than Chicago who can't offer anything more than the MLE without Atlanta paying the luxury tax. New Orleans is more of a threat but if Crawford was willing to step into that cesspool then he is truly all about the money.

You are certainly right that it could happen and Atlanta should make it happen if possible. Atlanta is better off with even a second round pick and is better off with Crawford being as highly paid as possible by his new employer.

Kinda glad that he is gone. Don't get me wrong, we all love when he comes in a puts up 15-20 and hits the GW shot. What we hate is what happens way to often, craw coming in dribbling it out for the shot clock and heaving a long jumper. A team cant have two players that rely on ISO and I would rather have Joe than craw.

Kinda glad that he is gone. Don't get me wrong, we all love when he comes in a puts up 15-20 and hits the GW shot. What we hate is what happens way to often, craw coming in dribbling it out for the shot clock and heaving a long jumper. A team cant have two players that rely on ISO and I would rather have Joe than craw.

Looking at the numbers Crawford didnt rely on isolation nearly as much as Joe did . Crawford gets his off pick and roll which is why he and Joe could co exist .

One things for sure we wont have a choice but to be stronger defensively because we lose what was a huge advantage for us in regards to bench play .

We might be a better team defensivly but one thing that JC did was he made other teams guard him and Joe so they couldn't double team.

yep strategically it will take some adjusting

• Premium Member

Looks like the S&T is about to happen with the Bulls for Keith Bogans . . .

Based on what? I'm not finding anything. He was pulled off the practice floor, but that's not, by itself, evidence... he evidently has an option year that has to either be picked up or not.