• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Crawford's 99% gone

sturt

• Moderators

If you're looking to keep Crawford, the Pistons buying out Rip Hamilton might have saved the day. The Bulls may go after him instead . . .

http://nbcprobasketb...t-rip-hamilton/

I'm just looking not to get Bogans. :) And nothing else of substance. I'm a charter member of the Keith Bogans Hater'z Ball.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Michael Cunningham: #Hawks coach Larry Drew on chance of re-signing FA Jamal Crawford: "We haven't completely ruled it out." about 6 minutes ago

I'm thinking that could mean, at least, we're going to use our MLE for something... and my working theory is we're looking to see how some other things shake out for some 5s first... assuming we can string Crawford out a little longer... and the Rip Hamilton buy-out might just have helped us a bit in that way.

I would prefer to get Rip if he is wlling to come off the bench for the MLE. He is not a ball hog, doesn't over dribble and moves without the ball, he is in constant motion and knows how to use screens....but he will probably pick a serious contender.

I wonder if he would prefer to take the MLE from us or the vet minimum from a a team like MIA of NY.

• Moderators

Say, if the Pacers are still going after Crawford, do they have to S-n-T as well? Wondering aloud whether Hansbrough or (far less likely) Hibbert would be in play, given they claim their still gung-ho for Nene/Gasol, and given Paul George has sprouted up to 6'10" as of late (plus Granger is familiar with the '4' spot now, along with anywhere else on the Pacers' floor). I haven't delved into the contract numbers but I don't think either Tyler or Roy is making more than the combo of Taj+Bogans will.

~lw3

Say, if the Pacers are still going after Crawford, do they have to S-n-T as well? Wondering aloud whether Hansbrough or (far less likely) Hibbert would be in play, given they claim their still gung-ho for Nene/Gasol, and given Paul George has sprouted up to 6'10" as of late (plus Granger is familiar with the '4' spot now, along with anywhere else on the Pacers' floor). I haven't delved into the contract numbers but I don't think either Tyler or Roy is making more than the combo of Taj+Bogans will.

~lw3

Pacers are under the cap so they can sign him outright

• Premium Member

Yes, they can, but there could still be reason they'd want to talk with Sund if there's enough competition for his services... we can offer more money and more years.

In fact, I've thought that IND would make a really good trading partner if we get serious about trading Smoove... and not necessarily that I hope we are. But we could get a decent backup PG (Price) and maybe a Paul George, creating some space that would allow Sund to use the MLE without threatening to push us into being a taxpayer.

• Like 1

Defense wins championships!! That's why the McGrady pick up wasn't such a downgrade. At 6'8 players playing small forward on down are going to have trouble shooting over and guarding a lengthy 6'8 Tracy McGrady. Although he has alot of NBA miles he is only 2 years older than Joe Johnson and he is coming off a pretty healthy season. He is still Tracy McGrady (see Grant Hill) and knows how to play in this league!! On top of that we added another solid vet in Jerry Stackhouse. Jamal's absence will be missed until we realize how defensively improved our team is from top to bottom. Also remember that Larry Drew has a pretty slick motion offense that involves the whole team and based off of reactions that our core players have been exposed to for a year. It will be interesting to see if we add another defensive center(Dalembert for instance).

• Premium Member

Don't see Stackhouse ultimately making the team, but who knows.

This just in from Chris Broussard:

NJ and Indy have shown interest in Jamal Crawford. Potential offers on hold until Nene's situation is settled

Actually, I thought it was already settled.

• Moderators

Don't see Stackhouse ultimately making the team, but who knows.

This just in from Chris Broussard:

NJ and Indy have shown interest in Jamal Crawford. Potential offers on hold until Nene's situation is settled

Actually, I thought it was already settled.

Not quite. H-Town is still working to pair him up with Gasol (or whatever they're about to get via CP3gate).

~lw3

• Premium Member

I'm reading that IND has already told Posey not to bother showing up... so wouldn't make much sense to take him back as part of a trade since they've more or less made it clear they're releasing him into free agency anyhow. Even setting that aside, there are better ways to spend $9mil more in salary than Posey.