• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Stern trying to make the Clipps a Power team to prove a point?

Diesel

Considering the massive amount of talent that the NBA is turning down and asking for on top of these crazy deals it's becoming clear that David Stern doesn't want to trade Paul. If the Hawks could magically package every lotto pick we had over the BK era Stern would still ask that we include Teague and our 2012 pick and take back Ariza..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the massive amount of talent that the NBA is turning down and asking for on top of these crazy deals it's becoming clear that David Stern doesn't want to trade Paul. If the Hawks could magically package every lotto pick we had over the BK era Stern would still ask that we include Teague and our 2012 pick and take back Ariza..

the league is real dumb cause if they dont trade PAUL and he leaves for nothing that will kill that franchise for next 5 years ..simple as that ..

the league is real dumb cause if they dont trade PAUL and he leaves for nothing that will kill that franchise for next 5 years ..simple as that ..

Stern wants CP3 in NO.

Precisely, Stern set a bad precedent when he turned down the Hou/LA deal for "basketball reasons" that he now has to require teams to make a deal that is without a doubt better than the first to justify pulling the trigger on it just to save face.

Stern wants CP3 in NO.

if thats the case then they would be making trades to bring in pieces for Paul to stay ..There is no way Chris Paul is staying in New Orleans so if the league continues to play hardball with other teams they will panic near TRADING deadline and give him up for less The NBA has handled this horribly

if thats the case then they would be making trades to bring in pieces for Paul to stay ..There is no way Chris Paul is staying in New Orleans so if the league continues to play hardball with other teams they will panic near TRADING deadline and give him up for less The NBA has handled this horribly

They would trade him but he wants CP3 in LA. Basically, if the deal is right, they will pay the price.

• Moderators

If Stern rejected the LAL Houston deal with the Hornets, I can't imagine how he would possibly accept the Clippers garbage for Paul. If his intent is to truly make sure the Hornets are not hurt by the trade, the LAL/Houston deal beats the heck out of the Clippers deal.

Kaman - decent center, on the decline, though

Aminu - can't shoot a lick

Bledsoe - who?

If he accepts this deal, he clearly has some agenda that is not in the favor of the Hornets.

The #1 asset in the proposed deal is the Minnesota unprotected first round pick in a loaded draft this year. That asset is better than Kevin Martin or anything else in the other deal. Aminu and Bledsoe at least look like potential starters 5 years down the line. I think the other deal would be much, much, much better for this season but wouldn't amount to much for NO in a few years unless they were able to flip expiring contracts into nice young assets. I get why a team would prefer the NO deal - especially since the Hornets would stink this year and then have the potential for two stars in this year's draft.

The Clippers had the best rebuilding package but honestly, only Gordon was any good out of that deal and no telling what the Minny pick will be. But still, it was a damn good package.

It's official, the NBA wanted the Clips to take Okafor contract as well which was the final straw, we have a real shot now. We can officially offer more than anyone. We can take his contract.

This is getting ridiculous....N.O. will never get equal value for Paul from the teams that are looking to get him. When trading superstars you ask for expirings, young talent with potential and/or draft picks, you never get equal stars in return.

It's official, the NBA wanted the Clips to take Okafor contract as well which was the final straw, we have a real shot now. We can officially offer more than anyone. We can take his contract.

Maybe Paul wants out of NO bad enough to play here after we trade away half our team to get him. My question is would our team be Paul, JJ, Okafor, Marvin, Teague, Hinrich after we send them Horford and Smoove? Maybe send Hinrichs expiring or Teague as well. I don't know to much math for me.

I just do not think a trifecta of Paul, JJ, Okafor vs JJ, Smoove, Horf is all that much better. And Paul probably sees it that way also. So like I implied, does Paul want out bad enough to be a 4th to 6th seed team?

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

Maybe Paul wants out of NO bad enough to play here after we trade away half our team to get him. My question is would our team be Paul, JJ, Okafor, Marvin, Teague, Hinrich after we send them Horford and Smoove? Maybe send Hinrichs expiring or Teague as well. I don't know to much math for me.

I just do not think a trifecta of Paul, JJ, Okafor vs JJ, Smoove, Horf is all that much better. And Paul probably sees it that way also. So like I implied, does Paul want out bad enough to be a 4th to 6th seed team?

I would not send them both Smith and Horford. Smith/Teague/Hinrich and his expiring and Zaza for Paul/Okafor/Ewing Jr.

They get Smith (with a departing West replacement), an up and coming Teague who showd in the playoffs what he can do, Hinrich and his expiring and Zaza (a quality bench center). They also get out of Okafor's contract.

We get Paul and a rebounding big who plays defense .... and we allow Horford to move to PF

I would not send them both Smith and Horford. Smith/Teague/Hinrich and his expiring and Zaza for Paul/Okafor/Ewing Jr.

They get Smith (with a departing West replacement), an up and coming Teague who showd in the playoffs what he can do, Hinrich and his expiring and Zaza (a quality bench center). They also get out of Okafor's contract.

We get Paul and a rebounding big who plays defense .... and we allow Horford to move to PF

I would be all over your deal. But Stern has turned down better trades ( player wise ) than just getting Smith, Teague, and a nice expiring.

Edited by Buzzard

We are taking Okafor and giving an expiring back...that is a BIG difference

I know its a good cap move. I just do not look at Okafor as chopped liver. He is over paid but so was Jamal at 10 million a year.

Edited by Buzzard

I think you have a better chance getting this done at JJ, Marvin, Teague, Zaza 2013 first for Paul, Okafor

You then resign Crawford for whatever you can and lineup, Paul, Crawford, Smith, Horford, Okafor

With a bench of Hinrich, McGrady, Radmonovic, Twin, fillers

All 4 players for NO would play.