• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks: Michael Gearon Jr. Q-and-A

Wurider05

STealk tore into to him a couple of times

He let him have it about losing the Thrashers, his public appeal for someone to buy the team and even firing people via

email. Also ragger him about leaving town for 2 months.

Let him have it for comparing the Hawks to Celtics, Lakers, etc.

He was really steamed and took up for the AJC writer that he thought was blamed.

I thought everything he said was right on. He ripped him a new one.

Don't see how Gearin can show his face at this point. es. No mercy

He let him have it about losing the Thrashers, his public appeal for someone to buy the team and even firing people via

He was really steamed and took up for the AJC writer that he thought was blamed.

Edited by DrReality

I love the http://tunein.com website. I can listen to just about any radio station in the country from my computer or from my smartphone.

I just happened to be listening to 790 right when Steak mentioned the article. Before the commercial break, he flat out said . . "Mike Gearon, if you're listening right now, you may want to turn to another station." Then they came back from break, and they dropped the Nuke.

I didn't know about the e-mail to Thrasher employees terminating them. That's a punk move if he did that. A gutless move. Then he leaves town for 2 months after the Thrashers sale? Come on man.

Steak even mentioned how Levenson really doesn't like the city of Atlanta ( don't know if that's true or not ).

In my opinion, he caught the most heat from Steak and the crew because he brought the Falcons into the discussion. Steak really went off then. Citing how Arthur Blank goes out of his way to be a visible and active owner trying to improve the Falcons, while Gearon and the other Hawk owners go into hiding most times.

Steak called him out on his non-marketing of the team, and on not trying to talk to JJ more ( even if JJ doesn't go out of his way to talk to him ). He also made great points about how it was idiotic of him to compare us to the Hawks, Celtics and Lakers, just because we are the only 3 teams in the league to reach the 2nd round twice.

Steak: ( paraphrasing ) "you don't hang banners in your arena for reaching the 2nd round"

It was a funny, intense, but sad 10 minute rant he went on, because it was all true. If Gearon has the balls to go on 790 to face the heat, I'll be impressed. Dude better be focused though.

Edited by northcyde