• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jannero Pargo to sign

capstone21

I like this signing always thought Pargo was a good decent PG, especially the year he played with the hornets behind CP3. I think he can be a spark player for us off the bench more so than consistent player. But he should be ok in most games.

...also not a sorry defender. been watching this guy a long time, only prob is that he lacks size and may not be as quick as he once was but he is still a decent defender especially coming off our bench. I mean I would take his defense over crawford and bibby's put togeather! I know thats not saying much but dude can defend at a decent rate is the point.

Is he like the new Mo Evans in terms of the guy that sucks but sometimes and very rarely does good things?

LOL....that is actually a good comparison. except I would say he will create a spark for the team way before mo evans would. Mo is stuck on shoot only where pargo while he is shoot first he will go to the rack here and there in other words we will see little pargo flying around in the air from getting bumped by the bigger bodies. Defensively I would say evans is a tiny bit better but nearly the same effect as Pargo.

So all in all somewhat like Mo Evans with a similar defense stance not a game changing defense but can hold his own. Offensively again he is shoot first but unlike Mo we will see little Pargo take it strong to the goal here and there! He's a better pick up than what people are giving this signing credit for. I mean at this stage for the Hawks they were actually considering getting Arenas!....In my opinon Pargo would destroy Arenas at this stage in their careers! Happy we got Pargo!

Once Hinirich Comes back Pargo would be an outstanding 3rd pg we could put in the game!

Once Hinirich Comes back Pargo would be an outstanding 3rd pg we could put in the game!

This too:

Pargo's one-year, veterans' minimum contract provides the Hawks some flexibility to avoid a luxury-tax payment at season's end. His contract is among those that won't become guaranteed until Feb. 10. The unpaid portion of non-guaranteed contracts does not count toward team salary if players are waived by that date.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-add-veteran-pargo-1266197.html

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2011/12/20/atlanta-hawks-camp-report-day-12/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

So essentially, Pargo is a two-month rental that can be jettisoned once Hinrich comes back. Or, if Pargo plays well, we can send Hinrich's expiring out for a real banger and keep Pargo as the B-U PG. Not a bad move, I hope Pargo does well.

So essentially, Pargo is a two-month rental that can be jettisoned once Hinrich comes back. Or, if Pargo plays well, we can send Hinrich's expiring out for a real banger and keep Pargo as the B-U PG. Not a bad move, I hope Pargo does well.

I think Pargo's deal is guaranteed, so it is unlikely that he will be just a two month rental. He will probably stay because the Hawks apparently see no reason to have a young, developmental guy at the end of the bench.

• Moderators

I think Pargo's deal is guaranteed,

Are coachx's links above wrong? If so, are there new and better links on this?

Pargo's one-year, veterans' minimum contract provides the Hawks some flexibility to avoid a luxury-tax payment at season's end. His contract is among those that won't become guaranteed until Feb. 10.

He will probably stay because the Hawks apparently see no reason to have a young, developmental guy at the end of the bench.

What are Sy and Benson other then young developmental guys at the end of the bench ?

The Hawks have 3 undrafted guards in camp too.

Edited by coachx