Gimme a reason to be hyped about this upcoming season?

Joker

• Moderators

Jeff Teague will be playing most of the minutes at PG. This will make a difference on both sides of the floor.

Hopefully Smoove will be dunking and blocking like he did a few years ago. That'll be fun at least.

This is what i'm clinging to right now. Plus, we may be able to make a trade deadline deal.

• Like 1

Larry Drew progression as a head coach should be helpful.

• Moderators

* Drew is in his second season. He should continue to grow as a coach.

* Teague is ready to blossom. He faced off and stood up to the MVP in the playoffs last season and now needs to continue that development.

* JJ was hurt much of last year and should rebound.

* Marvin got needed surgery and might come back stronger than he has been in several years.

* Josh has developed every season in the league. He looks to be in great shape and claims he won't shoot so many jumpers.

* Horford claims to have worked on driving to the hoop. Combined with his league best jumper, that could be deadly.

• Like 1

For me, it's the hope that Teague can find his niche as a TJ Ford type pg, Joe Johnson can rebound from his decline in play over the past couple of seasons, Josh can just mature as a person, Marvin has found a passion to be great and Horford maybe step up and be more of a vocal leader of this team. Barring any injuries to TMac, I think our bench is going to be pretty solid too with Hinrich, Pargo, Zaza and TMac. So there's hope but it's going to be a long shot for us to really go any further than we did last year.

I'm not feeling it either; but I guess it is good to have the Hawks back. I did somewhat enjoy the preseason game (and maybe I shouldn't complain about having to listen to the Charlotte announcers rather than Rathbun) . . .

Kurt Hinrich expiring contract gives me hope. He is the piece we can trade for a good but overpaid PF. Doesn't have much value right now but could.

One word: Radmanovic

cool.png

in all seriousness, the Hawks don't look bad this season, but they don't look great either. They are the definition of a 4 or 5 seed team. That is something to like, but not get geeked up about.

Agreed, it's tough to get excited about this season being that we lost our best bench player and have had essentially the same team for 5 years. But, it is good to see some NBA ball again, college just doesn't do it for me.

However, I'm most excited about Teague. If he can develop into a good PG it would tremendously improve this team.

I do think Marvin will play better, but he just doesn't have the skillset to evolve into what we drafted him for, I'm really just hoping he can get back to his 2008 self.

Let me give you 29 of them. The Mavs are still good but less defensive. The Heat are small and a wrong injury away from being a normal team again. The Bulls have Rose but with the right leadership we still could have beat them. The Magic are in Turmoil. The Celtics are old and banged up. The Lakers may get surpassed by the Clippers. The Blazers lost Roy and may suffer the same fate with Oden. Thunder still scare me but they are on the other side of the conference. Bobcat's are rebuilding. Spurs(see Celtics). Knicks look good on paper but we've seen them like that before and they still need time to develop Chemistry. 76ers stood still for the most part. Bucks?? Pacers will be better but are not unstoppable yet. Nets?? I could go on but I hope you are getting the point. With a shortened season conditioning and chemistry are going to be put to the test. I think the Hawks have their number 2's ready!!

Not hyped about anything, but I hope that Al, Josh, and Marvin recognize our biggest weakness last year, which was paint points. I wanna see at least 10 great touches down in the post between those three nightly, whether it be going to the line, facing and attacking, new and improved back-to-the-basket repertoire, or improved post passing amongst them. They all are in or approaching their physical peaks, time to f&@king get physical. We desperately need 5 more free throw attempts a night than we averaged last season.

Edited by benhillboy