• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The odds of getting Howard just got a LITTLE better

Guest Walter

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217743/Brook_Lopez_To_Have_Foot_Surgery_For_Stress_Fracture

I'm surprised a "stress fracture" requires Sx and would suspect more time than Feb. regardless. I don't see Orlando taking a broke foot Lopez over Horford, Hinrich, 2 unprotected 1sts. There may be other better options out there from other teams but it would seem NJ may be out of the running.

W

As I suspected, it looks more like Lopez is out longer (past the trade deadline).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217756/Expert_12_Week_Recovery_For_Lopez_Is_Very_Optimistic

If I'm Lopez I'm in no hurry to get out on the court for likely a team outside the playoffs, just so I can be showcased for a trade.

Perhaps the odds just got alot better for Howard to ATL. Bynum (more talented, a true center, oft' injured) may be the only center that would rival Horford in trade talks essentially straight up.

W

He'll go to LA for a Kwame Brown type before they trade him in the division

The team that lost Shaq to LA would want to trade their 2nd best franchise player and center there? Im not so sure.

Look, the chances of a trade like this are never good, but they did just get alot better. NJ's offer is now toast.

W

The team that lost Shaq to LA would want to trade their 2nd best franchise player and center there? Im not so sure.

Look, the chances of a trade like this are never good, but they did just get alot better. NJ's offer is now toast.

W

He has shown recently no inclination of wanting to join the Hawks, for whatever reasons. He has also been the poster-child of the double-minded. He may change his mind a two or three times before he lands. But it seems we are a better trade partner than the Nets now.

"CMON MAN" this is getting rediculous..

give it up already.. this shits not happenin

pisses me off to see people bring stuff up like this when there has not been any sort of speculation about it.. he doesnt want to come to atl.. out ownership is worse than orlando!!!!!

"CMON MAN" this is getting rediculous..

give it up already.. this shits not happenin

pisses me off to see people bring stuff up like this when there has not been any sort of speculation about it.. he doesnt want to come to atl.. out ownership is worse than orlando!!!!!

But our team wouldn't be worse than Orl and would be one of the better ones out there. THAT is what Howard wants. A good ownership is nice. A good team is the goal, however. We'd have that for at least 2 years without a single move or major signing made.

W

I'm sorry, is Lopez's injury career threatening? It seems some people have it in their mind that the Magic want to trade Dwight for a player that will help them with a playoff run this season.....if that's the case they'd just keep Dwight.

They want pieces to rebuild around and a foot injury that will keep Lopez out for a couple of month's is not going to get in the way of that so I don't get where this nonsense is coming from that his trade value just dropped but I guess some people just need to hold on to their fantasies.

Orlando would rather let Howard walk than face him and also live with the embarrasment of having lost another HOF big man but this time to a divison rival.

Shaq stung and hurt them until they drafted Superman, Howard coming to us would be like twisting a knife in their back for the next decade. Not going to happen.

• Premium Member
Orlando would rather let Howard walk than face him and also live with the embarrasment of having lost another HOF big man but this time to a divison rival. Shaq stung and hurt them until they drafted Superman, Howard coming to us would be like twisting a knife in their back for the next decade. Not going to happen.

Lest we forget, they got absolutely nothing for Shaq. With us they get a 2 time allstar, 2nd best C in the Conference maybe Association. Plus we offer unconditional firsts and cap relief.

Would you rather start from Scratch or would you rather start from the halfway point? This is not about pride, it's about Business.

Lest we forget, they got absolutely nothing for Shaq. With us they get a 2 time allstar, 2nd best C in the Conference maybe Association. Plus we offer unconditional firsts and cap relief.

Would you rather start from Scratch or would you rather start from the halfway point? This is not about pride, it's about Business.

Its about pride also. Our first with Howard in tow will be nothing. Like I said, no way they face us with Howard for the next decade. Other teams will have a interest and we will be Orlandos next to last choice, right in line with Miami. The other 27 teams will all have a better shot when push comes to shove at the deadline if Howard is still showing signs of not coming back....

We beat them pretty bad in the first round last season without having Howard. Horf and a couple of our 1st round picks will not help them enough. I know this, you know this, they know this.

Edited by Buzzard