• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

l Horford comments on being mentioned in Dwight Howard trade rumors

pimp

I haven't heard Al name mention in any trade rumor that doesn't end with no from Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Hawk fans mention Horf's name in any rumor that involves Dwight so I'm sure that's where they are getting it from.

Report: Hawks offer JJ and Smoove for Dwight.

Hawks fans: surely they meant Horford and just Horford.

Actually, I think the report actually said Horf and JJ for Dwight.

I really want no part in trading JJ if we are getting Dwight. He is the one player who could really benefit from Howard. I don't see Smith getting any better. Same is true for Al with Dwight. Just keep Hinrich contract, Marvin for SF match-ups, and Teague who I believe is the next KJ and I'm happy.

Teague/Hinrich and his contract

Joe

Marvin

Rad Man

Dwight

Trade for Jefferson or Bargs for Hinrich and I am happy.

Teague

Joe

Marvin

Jefferson/Bargs

Howard

That is perfect. Perfect fits all over. Marvin fits any system when healthy. Joe is no longer a #1 option and is an excellent Robin. Jefferson can create his own shot in the post as he is one of the more skilled post man in the game with Dwight's D and if you think Rad is good in our system, wait till you see Bargs with Howard's D. I just think Smith and Horford are both replaceable if we could land Bargs or Jefferson to play with Howard.

• Like 1

True, but that makes you both wrong. It wasn't from Hawks fans . . .

Actually let me show you the exact quote from Stein that has sparked all of this.

Sources told ESPN.com that the aforementioned Hawks, meanwhile, engaged Orlando in trade talks for Howard earlier this month with an offer believed to be headlined by $124 million guard Joe Johnson and swingman Josh Smith. You have to figure that the Magic, though, would insist on Al Horford if such discussions ever got serious.

Nowhere does he say for Horford to be the only major asset going to the Magic like some Hawks fans profess should or will happen in that massive thread based on this quote right here on the Homecourt forum. One could interpret the quote to mean that Horford replace either of Joe or Josh in the deal or be included in addition to our initial offer. Considering that the Magic were angling for two major assets from the Lakers I can't see how any interpretation can automatically shoot to the Hawks winning the bidding war with just one in Horf like I've seen so prominently today on this and other Hawks boards.

I really want no part in trading JJ if we are getting Dwight. He is the one player who could really benefit from Howard. I don't see Smith getting any better. Same is true for Al with Dwight. Just keep Hinrich contract, Marvin for SF match-ups, and Teague who I believe is the next KJ and I'm happy.

Teague/Hinrich and his contract

Joe

Marvin

Rad Man

Dwight

Trade for Jefferson or Bargs for Hinrich and I am happy.

Teague

Joe

Marvin

Jefferson/Bargs

Howard

That is perfect. Perfect fits all over. Marvin fits any system when healthy. Joe is no longer a #1 option and is an excellent Robin. Jefferson can create his own shot in the post as he is one of the more skilled post man in the game with Dwight's D and if you think Rad is good in our system, wait till you see Bargs with Howard's D. I just think Smith and Horford are both replaceable if we could land Bargs or Jefferson to play with Howard.

For the 363rd time this year. If you want Dwight and want to keep Dwight, you keep Josh here.

No, the report clearly said Smoove and JJ but then went on to speculate that Horford might be the one that Orlando would prefer if they got serious.

There are actually 2 articles..............one from the short chubby guy at ESPN that claimed JJ and Smith were offered.

Then the Hawks own beat writer said it makes more sense for it to be Horford and JJ for the obvious reasons of:

Horford being able to play C and is locked up longer under his contract + he is a Florida Gator that- central Florida fans like,

Smith would be an asset to the Hawks to help talk Howard into staying.

Who knows what actually happended. This is the Lebron James / Carmelo Anthony saga all over again. ESPN writers will throw trade crap out there until something actually sticks. Every team in the league has probably spoken to the Magic, to some extent, regarding Howard.

Edited by coachx

We really should not get to serious about this. If its going to happen, you will see them talking about it much more on ESPN, TNT, SC etc.. its barely been brought up so lets not get ahead of ourselves...

There are actually 2 articles..............one from the short chubby guy at ESPN that claimed JJ and Smith were offered.

Then the Hawks own beat writer said it makes more sense for it to be Horford and JJ for the obvious reasons of:

Horford being able to play C and is locked up longer under his contract + he is a Florida Gator that- central Florida fans like,

Who knows what actually happended. This is the Lebron James / Carmelo Anthony saga all over again. ESPN writers will throw trade crap out there until something actually sticks. Every team in the league has probably spoken to the Magic, to some extent, regarding Howard.

I know about MC's article but that was only his typical reactionary piece and was pure speculation based on the Stein report. MC isn't plugged in with any credible NBA sources like even a Sekou and is always 2 steps behind when it comes to reporting on any rumor regarding the team.

For the 363rd time this year. If you want Dwight and want to keep Dwight, you keep Josh here.

Where is this true? Did it come from Dwight directly or is this message board BS because their besties? Why didn't Chuck and MJ play with each other? Their BFF.

For the 364th time. Smith doesn't equal Howard resigning. Please come up with a logical reason instead of saying they are friends.

• Premium Member

Ok, this sounds accurate. I knew the AJC article mentioned something about this. Since we are all speculating here, it does make more sense for Orlando to want Horf in any deal involving Dwight. I'm still not sure about bringing Dwight here though. He has shown zero interest in joining the Atlanta Hawks which is kind of a red flag. The LA Lakers I can understand, but the Nets??? What do the Nets have to offer other than max money?

Where is this true? Did it come from Dwight directly or is this message board BS because their besties? Why didn't Chuck and MJ play with each other? Their BFF.

For the 364th time. Smith doesn't equal Howard resigning. Please come up with a logical reason instead of saying they are friends.

You just amaze me sir. I am not going to rehash every thing every person on this board has already told you. We all know you don't like Smith. That's fine. But we were not on his list of teams to trade to. He was the best man at Josh's wedding for goodness sakes. They played AAU together. Josh's Addidas commercial where he dunks on Dwight's statue. If they were any closer, they'd be crying on each other's shoulders during chick flicks. So make this the 364th time. If you are serious about getting/keeping Dwight here, the stupidest thing you could do is to show no team loyalty to a the guy they drafted by trading away his best friend.

Also, Howard has admitted that he was upset with with the Magic for trading away his friends(Courtney Lee, Rashard Lewis, Battie) so why would he be happy coming to ATL when you trade away his BEST DAMN FRIEND for him? Makes no sense. This isn't like the 1990's when players was more competitive and wanted to beat each other. Players want to play with each other. Thats 1 of the reasons why Lebron and Bosh went to Miami and Carmelo wanted to go to NY.

My only thing is I wouldnt include Joe.