• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague is the real deal

uga2006

It is so refreshing to finally see the Hawks with a point guard. It has been over a decade since the Hawks have had a legit point and I was starting to wonder if there was a curse of Mookie Blaylock or something, lol.

In all seriousness though that Chicago series gave Teague his confidence that he can be a baller in this league like he was at WF. He is a fierce player and gets to the rim about as good as anyone he is almost Rose like in that area. I could go on and on about Teague but I am really liking the way he plays and watching his development is going to be fun.

P.S- Hopefully we dont see anymore "trade ideas" with JT involved.

• Like 3

I remember getting negs over 40 points for cursing everyone out for saying Ramon Sessions was a scrub and Jeff Teague will be a superior player during the ASB.

Been saying this and also I have been telling many that Teague is our future just like horford and smith but I actually think Teague can become a superstar PG in this league. We have to remember this is his first year starting and he looks this good. He is learning the game and dude has not hit his peak yet. I know that Teague can drop 15 to 17 ppg this season and I also know that his scoring average will go up probably next season! I think this year if he can average 5 or 6 assist I will be overly happy and he should be considered "Most improved player of the year". As for Teagues defense man I just love it! dude really tries on both ends of the court. At this point I wouldnt trade him for s*** unless is was CP3 and that wont happen anytime soon. So Im cool with lil J Teague......

I always have alot to say when it comes to Teague! LOL I really do think this dude is our future superstar and will be the one carrying this team. I wish he got the start last year I really do. And to any that thinks Im giving him too much credit I say open your eyes this kid will be a legendary hawk if he stays healthy! He has so much to learn but has the right mind set to do it and to me now that he finally gets the PT he deserves he's starting off fast which is a good thing.

J.Teague=ATL Hawks future Star

• Like 3

Not the prototypical point guard I like or grew up watching (super smart, 10 assists/ game, automatic mid-range jumper and free throws, etc.), but I can't complain when he has the tools on both ends to take over a game. Relentless, continuous penetration and tenacious, shadowing defense will get it done more times than not. Nick and Coach are doing a great job with his development. Everyone makes mistakes and miscues, he just has to eliminate the silly and easily avoidable ones a little more and he's arrived.

• Like 1

Teague is playing very similar to an early Rondo this season. It is nice to see.

I said last year Teague will be better than Rondo and is the next Kevin Johnson but no Ramon Sessions is better and Teague is the next Devin Harris...

• Premium Member

I said last year Teague will be better than Rondo and is the next Kevin Johnson

I'm very excited about Teague also, but wouldn't go that far. I don't think Teague has the passing ability to dish out 10 assists a game. However, if he continues to improve I could see him averaging around 20 ppg at some point.

I'm very excited about Teague also, but wouldn't go that far. I don't think Teague has the passing ability to dish out 10 assists a game. However, if he continues to improve I could see him averaging around 20 ppg at some point.

Teague is still learning. KJ came in basically a finished product and knew how to play the position. Plus look at the MPG.

I don't agree.. You have to realize the type of shooters Rondo has had around him. I'm pretty sure Teague could drop 10 assist' if he had the shooters around him that Rondo does(had). The kid is a beast because he can drive to the basket at will. I'm pretty sure Rose will have fits tonight trying to check him. beer.gif

• Premium Member

I don't agree.. You have to realize the type of shooters Rondo has had around him. I'm pretty sure Teague could drop 10 assist' if he had the shooters around him that Rondo does(had). The kid is a beast because he can drive to the basket at will. I'm pretty sure Rose will have fits tonight trying to check him. beer.gif

I agree, Teague has elite driving ability and the potential to be a very good scorer from the PG position.

But, he doesn't have the passing instincts of Rondo and never has. I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see it. And sure, Rondo has some good shooters around him but Teague does also, including Horford who is one of the better midrange shooting big men in the league.