• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LARRY DREW SHOULD BE EXTENDED FOR THIS S@!T

Admin

HInrich trade? Have you seen crawford this year. He got benched on a 0-8 team. Bibby needed to get out. Marvin is worth what he got paid. Almost every team in the lg would of kept him at that cost. Have you seen all the contracts in the nba? We had to resign Joe. I run the hawks on 2k online assiciation and i would have resigned him too because with our cap space we had no room to get anything. We would have the same team we have now with no joe. Who would we start? willie green? Zazas deal could be about 1.5 cheaper but we need him off that bench. He scraps for everything.Im gald sy is gone.waste of space. not every player works out and who really cares about gladyr .. he will never do anything in this league.

Hmmm... Obviously you lacked to understand what I was saying. So, lets look at this more clearly..

Joe's contract is among the biggest dinosaur of the room but for our franchise sake, I understand Sunds reason for resigning. Although, he should've avoided the ultimate max but, who knows..

If you think that Marvin's contract was worth it at the time, then you should go play Jenga in traffic (particularly on GA-400)! We're talking about $7,500,000 for the 2011-2012 season!!! Now, we can argue all day long about whether Rick Sund had a choice but I'm definitely seeing a pattern that projects to his tenure with the SuperSonics.. Does anyone remember a guy he traded for by the name of Chris Wilcox?? Yes he was a physical player that averaged around 13.7ppg, 7.6rebs, and 1.1apg. But!!! Was he worth the $19,000,000 he ws paid over the 3 years he was with the Supersonics?? (With only playing 29 games his first year, 62 second year, and the full 82 his third season?) I will say hell no!!! no-no.gif Or how about Danny Fortsons deal? Or lets revisit the deal he gave Rashard Lewis!! Lol! HELL NOOOOOO!!!!! Sund may have made some get moves but its a lot of bad that came with him and those ridiculous contracts during his tenures.. Marvin Williams shouldn't have been selected the 2nd overall pick in the first place. In which, I place a large blame on BK's stripper and coke habits lol.. I'd rather kept Josh Childress instead.

These deals just scream Marvin, Bibby, and Pachulia.. "YOU OVER-REACHED SON-D"

Now Pachulia.... Are you serious? Do really think he's worth the $9,998,750 left on the last 2 years of his contract?? If you do, then you should definitely move into the crazy house. Do you know what kind of player we would've gotten with that money?? Hey, I like Zaza's energy (Ala Al Horford..lol) but that was a REACH!!!! nono.gif

Pape Sy.. It was a try, I can honestly say that.. But who in the world wastes a second rd pick on an absolute nobody that can probably play in this league. Did you forget the money we had to pay to get him over here too? Yep, I bet you did! Honestly I'd rather drafted a couple players that went undrafted over Pape. How does this list look?

Manny Harris G, 6'5

Mikhail Torrence G, 6'5

Miroslav Riduljica C, 7'0

I think we should've used that pick for one of these guys and instead, kept Pape in Le Havre for another year. But hey, what do I know.. I'm just a guy that loves and understands basketball.

I would've loved to see Gladyr given the chance to earn a spot rather than take that chance with Sy. If Gladyr's body wasn't ready to play in the NBA then Ricky Rubio should be a bouncer at Magic City.

But oh... oh.. oh...oh.. The Hinrich deal was waaaaaay over reached!! Yeah we needed to unload Bibby "The Grey" but, at that cost?! Sund gives our 1st rd pick for the previous year ("he who's name shall not be mentioned") and the second rd pick for the following year for KIRK HINRICH!!! We were absolutely caught with the crack pipe on the table. Lets say if "he who's name shall not be mentioned" did pan out, how would you then view the trade? We essentially over-reached for an overpaid-tweener who's having health setbacks at the moment. But, I will wait and see if this Hinrich thing works into our favor. At the moment, I'm not seeing any ideal impact from him in future. Hey, maybe I'm wrong... just saying though.. We're officially draft crippled for this year just because of that trade. And that pick might have been the equalizer we needed to bring Dwight Howard here in a trade.......

beat.gif

Fixed

Edited by willthepureshooter
  • Like 1

Hmmm... Obviously you lacked to understand what I was saying. So, lets look at this more clearly..

Joe's contract is among the biggest dinosaur of the room but for our franchise sake, I understand Sunds reason for resigning. Although, he should've avoided the ultimate max but, who knows..

If you think that Marvin's contract was worth it at the time, then you should go play Jenga in traffic (particularly on GA-400)! We're talking about $7,500,000 for the 2011-2012 season!!! Now, we can argue all day long about whether Rick Sund had a choice but I'm definitely seeing a pattern that projects to his tenure with the SuperSonics.. Does anyone remember a guy he traded for by the name of Chris Wilcox?? Yes he was a physical player that averaged around 13.7ppg, 7.6rebs, and 1.1apg. But!!! Was he worth the $19,000,000 he ws paid over the 3 years he was with the Supersonics?? (With only playing 29 games his first year, 62 second year, and the full 82 his third season?) I will say hell no!!! no-no.gif Or how about Danny Fortsons deal? Or lets revisit the deal he gave Rashard Lewis!! Lol! HELL NOOOOOO!!!!! Sund may have made some get moves but its a lot of bad that came with him and those ridiculous contracts during his tenures.. Marvin Williams shouldn't have been selected the 2nd overall pick in the first place. In which, I place a large blame on BK's stripper and coke habits lol.. I'd rather kept Josh Childress instead.

These deals just scream Marvin, Bibby, and Pachulia.. "YOU OVER-REACHED SON-D"

Now Pachulia.... Are you serious? Do really think he's worth the $9,998,750 left on the last 2 years of his contract?? If you do, then you should definitely move into the crazy house. Do you know what kind of player we would've gotten with that money?? Hey, I like Zaza's energy (Ala Al Horford..lol) but that was a REACH!!!! nono.gif

Pape Sy.. It was a try, I can honestly say that.. But who in the world wastes a second rd pick on an absolute nobody that can probably play in this league. Did you forget the money we had to pay to get him over here too? Yep, I bet you did! Honestly I'd rather drafted a couple players that went undrafted over Pape. How does this list look?

Manny Harris G, 6'5

Mikhail Torrence G, 6'5

Miroslav Riduljica C, 7'0

I think we should've used that pick for one of these guys and instead, kept Pape in Le Havre for another year. But hey, what do I know.. I'm just a guy that loves and understands basketball.

I would've loved to see Gladyr given the chance to earn a spot rather than take that chance with Sy. If Gladyr's body wasn't ready to play in the NBA then Ricky Rubio should be a bouncer at Magic City.

But oh... oh.. oh...oh.. The Hinrich deal was waaaaaay over reached!! Yeah we needed to unload Bibby "The Grey" but, at that cost?! Sund gives our 1st rd pick for the previous year ("he who's name shall not be mentioned") and the second rd pick for the following year for KIRK HINRICH!!! We were absolutely caught with the crack pipe on the table. Lets say if "he who's name shall not be mentioned" did pan out, how would you then view the trade? We essentially over-reached for an overpaid-tweener who's having health setbacks at the moment. But, I will wait and see if this Hinrich thing works into our favor. At the moment, I'm not seeing any ideal impact from him in future. Hey, maybe I'm wrong... just saying though.. We're officially draft crippled for this year just because of that trade. And that pick might have been the equalizer we needed to bring Dwight Howard here in a trade.......

beat.gif

What? First of all y are u talking about what Sund did in Seattle in reference to the job he's doing here? The Hinrich trade was in no way a reach...has Lord Voldemort actually done anything to make us regret it? NO!!! Bibby had to go and it greatly improved our team and got us past a team that had put a historical beat down on us the year before. He let Crawford walk and signed a gang of players at minimum salaries that have made us all forget about Craw easily.....but no mention of that right. Zaza is a CENTER....not just a backup wing or guard that you can find on the street, he's a decent center that can start for a couple of teams so I don't see the problem with his contract. I'll give u that Marvin may be a bit overpaid but nothing to make a fuss about...give him credit for drafting Teague, making the trade that got us Craw and then replacing him with min players, for getting us a starting point guard and putting us in a position to do some big things this year

• Like 1

What? First of all y are u talking about what Sund did in Seattle in reference to the job he's doing here? The Hinrich trade was in no way a reach...has Lord Voldemort actually done anything to make us regret it? NO!!! Bibby had to go and it greatly improved our team and got us past a team that had put a historical beat down on us the year before. He let Crawford walk and signed a gang of players at minimum salaries that have made us all forget about Craw easily.....but no mention of that right. Zaza is a CENTER....not just a backup wing or guard that you can find on the street, he's a decent center that can start for a couple of teams so I don't see the problem with his contract. I'll give u that Marvin may be a bit overpaid but nothing to make a fuss about...give him credit for drafting Teague, making the trade that got us Craw and then replacing him with min players, for getting us a starting point guard and putting us in a position to do some big things this year

That cracked me up! And I agree with the points that you made as well.

• Like 1

I'm referencing his blunders in Seattle to the same exact blunders he's made in Atlanta. I have nothing against Sund, but I do question some of the things that he's done. Of course Bibby needed to be shipped off! Even Bibby knew that. And when did I not give him credit for drafting Teague? Did criticize his draft choices? Yes!! I absolutely didn't understand his reach for Pape Sy when there were clearly better players on the board that were more developed than him. Simmer down my man. Geez! I guess I struck a cord or something lol. I won't mention your precious Sund or Pachulia again. Smh. Btw, he's still not worth the money we're giving him. No one in there right mind would pay that much for a 6.7ppg and 5.1reb bench player, except Sund.

• Premium Member

He let Crawford walk and signed a gang of players at minimum salaries that have made us all forget about Craw easily.....but no mention of that right.

Have we really forgotten Crawford? My guess is that Crawford will be 6th man of the year again. Personally, I would have loved for the VM squad to be Hinrich/Crawford/TMac/Radman/and Zaza.

That's not to say that I'm not pleased with Mean Willie Green, but I'm just saying.

Have we really forgotten Crawford? My guess is that Crawford will be 6th man of the year again. Personally, I would have loved for the VM squad to be Hinrich/Crawford/TMac/Radman/and Zaza.

That's not to say that I'm not pleased with Mean Willie Green, but I'm just saying.

6th man of the year with a 33.3% FG percentage? The guy has 2 good games this year...

Sund never signed Rashard to that contract, that was Otis Smith.

Marvin's contract was reasonable considering what dreg forwards from that same free agency period such as Villanueva, Ariza and later on, Travis Outlaw were signed to. It's the asking rate for a starting F.

Zaza at 5 mil is reasonable considering that Deandre Jordan is making 10 million a year. Centers get paid in this league.

Sund went after a late 2nd rounder that shockingly didn't pan out just like those that came after him or went undrafted.

If Chris Singleton and "he who's name shall not be mentioned" are the difference in a team getting Dwight then Washington has a bright future.

Really a lot of hyperbolic vitriol and baseless opinion here.

• Like 1

Sund never signed Rashard to that contract, that was Otis Smith.

Marvin's contract was reasonable considering what dreg forwards from that same free agency period such as Villanueva, Ariza and later on, Travis Outlaw were signed to. It's the asking rate for a starting F.

Zaza at 5 mil is reasonable considering that Deandre Jordan is making 10 million a year. Centers get paid in this league.

Sund went after a late 2nd rounder that shockingly didn't pan out just like those that came after him or went undrafted.

If Chris Singleton and "he who's name shall not be mentioned" are the difference in a team getting Dwight then Washington has a bright future.

Really a lot of hyperbolic vitriol and baseless opinion here.

Okay.. Obviously you don't understand why people join message boards. And I guess its not share their opinions...? Whatever.. And why do you guys keep bringing up Crawford? I enjoyed him while he was here but I got over him after the first game the season. However, Rick Sund did give Lewis a 7 year $60M contract that also came with a possibility of $15M in incentives. Which put him at about $75M over 7 years. Now if that's not a big gamble on Sunds part to give a 2nd Rd pick that averaged around 8ppg 4reb. But hey, he gave Booth $34M! That's okay because he was a CENTER IN THIS LEAGUE!! LOL! I'm not buying that at all. Seems like a pattern to me but maybe I'm being too critical I guess. *shrug

I'm referencing his blunders in Seattle to the same exact blunders he's made in Atlanta. I have nothing against Sund, but I do question some of the things that he's done. Of course Bibby needed to be shipped off! Even Bibby knew that. And when did I not give him credit for drafting Teague? Did criticize his draft choices? Yes!! I absolutely didn't understand his reach for Pape Sy when there were clearly better players on the board that were more developed than him. Simmer down my man. Geez! I guess I struck a cord or something lol. I won't mention your precious Sund or Pachulia again. Smh. Btw, he's still not worth the money we're giving him. No one in there right mind would pay that much for a 6.7ppg and 5.1reb bench player, except Sund.

No hard feelings my man lol, I'm not a Sund lover or anything just disagreed with some of your points so I gave my opinion....like you said its a message board

That cracked me up! And I agree with the points that you made as well.

lol I didn't know if anybody would catch that

• Moderators

However, Rick Sund did give Lewis a 7 year $60M contract that also came with a possibility of $15M in incentives. Which put him at about $75M over 7 years.

Sund was outrageous in what he paid Lewis. Look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000-01 Seattle SuperSonics $3,920,000 -- 14.8 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.2 spg, .6 bpg, 17.3 PER GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

2001-02 Seattle SuperSonics $4,413,375 --- 16.8 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.5 spg, .6 bpg, 18.5 PER VERY GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

2002-03 Seattle SuperSonics $6,233,766 -- 18.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.3 spg .5 bpg, 16.7 PER GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

2003-04 Seattle SuperSonics $7,012,987 -- 17.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.2 spg, .7 bpg, 17.2 PER GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

2004-05 Seattle SuperSonics $7,792,208 -- 20.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.1 spg, .9 bpg, 19.4 PER VERY GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

2005-06 Seattle SuperSonics $8,571,429 -- 20.1 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.3 spg, .6 bpg, 20.0 PER GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

2006-07 Seattle SuperSonics $9,350,649 -- 22.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.1 spg, .7 bpg, 20.7 PER VERY GOOD DEAL FOR THIS YEAR

I would spend all day complaining about this deal if it were up to me. How dare a GM sign a player who was worth his contract every year for 7 years!!!!!!!!

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

If Craw was on this team, we wouldn't have the ball movement we have on the 2nd unit and the defense would not be as good.

lol I didn't know if anybody would catch that

Dated a girl who was a Harry Potter nerd so I've seen all the movies so the reference to him in the movies of "he's who name shall not be mentioned" seemed obvious to me as a reference to JoCraw... it was really funny though!

If Craw was on this team, we wouldn't have the ball movement we have on the 2nd unit and the defense would not be as good.

Yup. Since he takes so many shots, he kills their defense by wearing them down with all those FGA.

Ranks #11 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes (23.62)

Edited by AHawks89

Dated a girl who was a Harry Potter nerd so I've seen all the movies so the reference to him in the movies of "he's who name shall not be mentioned" seemed obvious to me as a reference to JoCraw... it was really funny though!

The first time I saw "he who shall no be named" on this site I died laughing because voldemort was the first thing that popped in my head but I never said anything bc I didn't want to show my level of nerdom lol